You should've been there...

I got a ticket from my best mates brother for Easter Road 05. He gave the ticket up because he knew we wouldn’t turn it around.

I know he’ll still be regretting that decision.

A surreal 20 or 30 minutes
Seen a few people say they done this on here

I don’t get it been to loads of dead rubber last games without even thinking of giving a ticket up

Late 70's, the amount of times I saw us lose at the piggery was unreal. I then miss the game at the piggery when Alex Miller scores the winner. :))

Helicopter Sunday or ‘99 game for me as I was old enough to appreciate them at the time and wished I was there.

For a game before my time, 2-2 against them with 9 men in 1987
Was at that one, Copland Rear, brown section. Absolutely mental, but for me, two games stick out for me that I was at, Pittodrie for Souness’ first title win and home to Dynamo Kiev, just for the atmosphere.

Last edited:
I gave my ticket away for helicopter Sunday as I needed to take unpaid leave and the thought of what I thought would be was just at the time sickening.

Walked out and took unpaid leave as soon as the full time whistle went though

Also has had to give my season ticket seat away when the first helicopter Sunday happened against Dunfermline as I was spewing from the night before thinking I could do an all nighter.

Still amazing days

Gascoigne 8 in a row day
Parkhead 99
Lovenkrands cup final 2002
Dunfermline 2003
Helicopter Sunday
Dortmund away
Fiorentina away
both European finals even though we lost.

League Cup Final October 1970

Big DJs header.
I got my dad to buy every Sunday paper the next morning.
We had finally broke the Lesbo Lions stranglehold.

Wish I was at Leipzig.

Missed Seville, but was in Manchester without a ticket. Hope to be in there for a European final before I pop off.

Wish I had watched Helicopter Sunday. But had them down to turn over Motherwell and agreed to work instead. Once the result came through my gaffer sent me home.

Late 70's, the amount of times I saw us lose at the piggery was unreal. I then miss the game at the piggery when Alex Miller scores the winner. :))

We had part of their so called jungle and that day the BEARS were Havin a Party, me included.

I was there it was genuinely feared for my life though as they were getting angrier by the second and we were so outnumbered
Another day at the Stade de Gadd 01/01/1994 where their was genuine fear
3-0 up after 29 minutes there were scores of them on the trackside at the jungle trying to encourage the rest of the filth to invade the the park to get the game stopped, unsuccessfully as it happened.On the other side of the park the main stand centre section was all facing their board hurling abuse, mars bars ext
Feared we would have to fight our way out of the ground to get back to our buses
Crazy day but unforgettable

Been to most of the biggest games in the last 30 years so for me Barca in 72

Any game from the 30s, as long as I get to go with my Grandfather to watch those legendary teams and players

In my lifetime it would be Pittodrie in 87, I was 16 and absolutely buzzing after that game, couldn't wipe the grin from my coupon all that summer, the previous season we were a poor 5th.

All-time though, the 1928 hoodoo busting Cup final v bheasts and what a way to do it, 4-0 :cool:

Helicopter Sunday or ‘99 game for me as I was old enough to appreciate them at the time and wished I was there.

For a game before my time, 2-2 against them with 9 men in 1987
The 2-2 game gets a lot of mention yet that lot were down to 10 men but not may 1985 at the piggery. 9 men rangers came back with a late equaliser to draw 1-1, cooper and Dawson sent off. Aberdeen went on to win the title, there was a mounted police charge down janefield st as tims were battling. Just another great rangers game forgotten, aitken missed a retaken 2 min pen.

Couple of days ago I mentioned in a Davie Cooper thread my old man showing me an old VCR recording of that free-kick and the noise it made hitting the net.

Outstanding, but my envy will always be directed to the lucky bastards that were at Easter Road in 05 given my age.

What game do you wish you seen in the flesh?
Barca 72 or Easter Road that day.
However I was at Pittodrie the day we won the league in 1987,that was a special day.

Helicopter Sunday - had a ticket in my allocation as well but gave it away as I’m pessimistic at the best of times. Went training instead. Luckily my gym at the time was in Paisley/Linwood area so was able to go back via Ibrox / PRW and get some of the atmosphere!

Was at all the big games mentioned previously but regret missing Florence in 2008 due to work and believe it or not gutted I missed the 93-94 League Cup Final Vs Hibs as had the flu!

I was gutted because of missing McCoists overhead kick on his return from leg break and because we won it in the glitter dome!

Still love watching the you tube footage of the bears going mental in the terracing when he scored!

I had a spare that day, and spent 5 minutes on the phone convincing one of my mates to just come for the day out and the swally.

He was skint, couldn't be arsed. I said I'd see him right with a cargo and a few pints.

I have no doubt he was the drunkest man on Paisley Road West that night, and I've never let him forget it.
I went to the ground to try and get a ticket, knocked back a couple of home end tickets, time was getting on and 15 mins before kick off some random Rangers supporter just asked if I was looking for a ticket and he sold me a spare he had.

I'll forever be thankful to him after what transpired that day, the Rangers end when Scott McDonald banged those two goals in and the walk back up Easter Road after the trophy presentation will never be forgotten.

I went to the ground to try and get a ticket, knocked back a couple of home end tickets, time was getting on and 15 mins before kick off some random Rangers supporter just asked if I was looking for a ticket and he sold me a spare he had.

I'll forever be thankful to him after what transpired that day, the Rangers end when Scott McDonald banged those two goals in and the walk back up Easter Road after the trophy presentation will never be forgotten.
It was some day.

Was at helicopter Sunday and also 2003 when we won it and got to all the big games and cup finals round about that time so don't really have many regrets about games I've missed.

The 2 that will always annoy me slightly are the 2 European semi's. Got shafted slightly out a ticket for Florence (had loads of TC points and just missed the official trip) whereas indy 0 pointers got them.

Then was on holiday for Leipzig at home and had to sell my ticket.

I've never really wished I had been at a game from before I was born or before I started going regularly but if I had to pick I'd obviously go for Barca 72.

Not a game but missed the 55 celebrations , find myself watching videos of it from time to time.
I was rough as fvck on my couch watching their game against DU. Was convinced they'd make us wait another week. Then full time whistle went, had plans with the burd to go for dinner when she got home from work.

Text her saying that's not happening, off to George Square, stoated in at 12am absolutely blotto with a Union Jack hat and covered in kebab sauce. One of the best days of my life.

Couple of days ago I mentioned in a Davie Cooper thread my old man showing me an old VCR recording of that free-kick and the noise it made hitting the net.

Outstanding, but my envy will always be directed to the lucky bastards that were at Easter Road in 05 given my age.

Easter Road in 05!

The really galling thing for me was, I was actually offered a ticket for it on my supporters bus at the time and said no thanks!

I was utterly certain the beggars would sweep Motherwell aside easily and I didn’t want to go all the way to Edinburgh to be depressed.

Needless to say Ive regretted my lack of staunchness ever since!!

I was rough as fvck on my couch watching their game against DU. Was convinced they'd make us wait another week. Then full time whistle went, had plans with the burd to go for dinner when she got home from work.

Text her saying that's not happening, off to George Square, stoated in at 12am absolutely blotto with a Union Jack hat and covered in kebab sauce. One of the best days of my life.
Amazing mate , so gutted I missed it. Then I thought if we won in seville it would happen again and I was here for it.

Easter Road in 05!

The really galling thing for me was, I was actually offered a ticket for it on my supporters bus at the time and said no thanks!

I was utterly certain the beggars would sweep Motherwell aside easily and I didn’t want to go all the way to Edinburgh to be depressed.

Needless to say Ive regretted my lack of staunchness ever since!!
That's a sickener mate :oops:

2nd may 1999

Was at helicopter Sunday and also 2003 when we won it and got to all the big games and cup finals round about that time so don't really have many regrets about games I've missed.

The 2 that will always annoy me slightly are the 2 European semi's. Got shafted slightly out a ticket for Florence (had loads of TC points and just missed the official trip) whereas indy 0 pointers got them.

Then was on holiday for Leipzig at home and had to sell my ticket.

I've never really wished I had been at a game from before I was born or before I started going regularly but if I had to pick I'd obviously go for Barca 72.

Just a small point mate - gutted about the two you missed I was at both but I can assure you Indy travellers with 0 points did not get tickets for Florence.
I was on 6 points and the cut off was 7 so traveled without one. Met a guy at Stanstead airport who told me a few corporate guys had handed tickets back and to give the travel club a call. So I did and a girl took my mobile number, called me back when I was in Florence and told me they had a ticket for me.

Won’t hear a bad word about the ticket office after that!

Just a small point mate - gutted about the two you missed I was at both but I can assure you Indy travellers with 0 points did not get tickets for Florence.
I was on 6 points and the cut off was 7 so traveled without one. Met a guy at Stanstead airport who told me a few corporate guys had handed tickets back and to give the travel club a call. So I did and a girl took my mobile number, called me back when I was in Florence and told me they had a ticket for me.

Won’t hear a bad word about the ticket office after that!
Think I got it the wrong way round! I applied indy and never got one and 0/1 pointers were getting on the official day trip. My dad was one of them, he phoned and asked if I could have his place and they said no, despite him having to cancel as he couldn't get the time off work.

Still had a great night in the Glaswegian mind you

Great thread this !!

Although I was at the 5-1 home win in 2000 v C*ltic, I wish I had been at the 5-1 home win v them in 88/89.

Believe it or not I actually turned down a ticket for Helicopter Sunday. Regretted it ever since.

Scottish Cup Semi early 90s, down to 10 men after 10 mins, absolutely horsing it down with rain, Spackman played 3 different positions and Ally put the scum to the sword. Maybe not up there with some of the rest mentioned on here but I had a great night.

One of the best atmospheres I remember was a 1985 3-0 defeat at home to Aberdeen. Rangers got 2 players sent off (Burns and Paterson) but the Copland rocked and bounced in defiance and there were running battles outside the ground after the game. At 15 year old, I thought it was great

Back