You sometimes have to wonder why guys even bother coming to the games

CrocodileDundee

Boy in front on me in the main stand rear today spent the entire match on his phone.

I know it shouldn’t bother me but as there was a spare seat next to him the glare from his screen meant you couldn’t help but get distracted by it.

He was that bad that I think the longest he managed to keep it in his pocket was about 25 secs.

Will no doubt go back to his mates tonight and say we played great yet probably saw less than 5 mins of the actual game.

What’s the point in these types of supporter even coming to the games?

The boy behind me wanted Morelos off from about the 5th minute. I think he was genuinely disappointed when Morelos scored. It was an afternoon of Morelos bashing for him.
Boy behind me was moaning all game. Apparently we were awful at 2-0 and on the attack. 5 secs later Alfie scored and thankfully he didn’t say a peep for the rest of the game.

The boy behind me wanted Morelos off from about the 5th minute. I think he was genuinely disappointed when Morelos scored. It was an afternoon of Morelos bashing for him.
2 tadgers in front of me in the SJ Front giving Morelos dogs abuse and shouting for GVB to substitute him at half time. Morelos scores and they sat on their seat raging. Pair of pricks have a cheek calling themselves Rangers fans.

You don’t happen to sit in the club deck?

Morelos was awful first half. Touch, work rate and his finishing were all dreadful.

Complete change in performance levels in the second half to be fair to Alfie. That’s what we expect all game though.

Boy in front on me in the main stand rear today spent the entire match on his phone.

I know it shouldn’t bother me but as there was a spare seat next to him the glare from his screen meant you couldn’t help but get distracted by it.

He was that bad that I think the longest he managed to keep it in his pocket was about 25 secs.

Will no doubt go back to his mates tonight and say we played great yet probably saw less than 5 mins of the actual game.

Was that Griffiths checking the racing results ?

Morelos was awful first half. Touch, work rate and his finishing were all dreadful.

Complete change in performance levels in the second half to be fair to Alfie. That’s what we expect all game though.
I am not saying that Morelos had a great game. He didn’t. But when someone has come to a game with a pre-determined view of what they are going to “see” and spends the entirety of the game belly aching about it, it does get a bit wearing.

So you were watching a boy during the game.

You should have started the thread by "I was watching a boy during our game today"

Last edited:

How did he get a signal ? It still pretty poor !

Fortunately the folk around me in MFN are reasonably sound, you get the usual mumps and moans but that's just part of the game.
European nights and away games are an entirely different kettle of fish though!
At the semi against Hibs a Hampden, the guy two seats along must have got up to go to the lavvy about at least a dozen times during the game.
He wasn't an old guy with a bladder problem but to be fair to him, every time he returned to his seat he looked a lot happier and more excited than when he left.
I reckon he might have had a wee crush on the wee lassie in the pie stall!
;) :)

I think season ticket culture doesn’t help in general. Too many who take it for granted and are only there out of habit or some other reason which doesn’t have much to do with supporting the team. Each to their own and all that but it’s not a cheap pastime so it doesn’t make sense to me.

I think season ticket culture doesn’t help in general. Too many who take it for granted and are only there out of habit or some other reason which doesn’t have much to do with supporting the team. Each to their own and all that but it’s not a cheap pastime so it doesn’t make sense to me.
Eh?
Season ticket holders who've probably paid out multiple thousands of pounds over the years are only there "out of habit" or even worse "some other reason which doesn’t have much to do with supporting the team"
What the actual fcuk are you talking about ya lunatic?

Finishing, I agree but, not the rest. It was a frustrating half from him but touch and work rate were very good I thought but, he was loose with his passes again. The one at the end of the half summed the 45 mins up. Dropped in, great touch away from the defender, plays in Sakala, burst his arse to get into the box only to pass the ball back to the 'keeper. :)

Thought him and Sakala linked really well all game and I was chuffed to see him get a goal. He is one that genuinely looks like he's had a boot up the arse since Gio came in.

Fortunately the folk around me in MFN are reasonably sound, you get the usual mumps and moans but that's just part of the game.
European nights and away games are an entirely different kettle of fish though!
At the semi against Hibs a Hampden, the guy two seats along must have got up to go to the lavvy about at least a dozen times during the game.
He wasn't an old guy with a bladder problem but to be fair to him, every time he returned to his seat he looked a lot happier and more excited than when he left.
I reckon he might have had a wee crush on the wee lassie in the pie stall!
;) :)
Don’t suppose you were in the south stand?
If so this guy sits near me at Ibrox, as I seen him at Hampden too. He’s known for being up and down constantly for the toilet :D

FF loves to piss and moan about the Ibrox crowd but the second you put a neutral into the stadium, even for a reasonably run of the mill game, they rave about the atmosphere.

There seems to be this feeling on here that unless a stadium is bouncing for 90 minutes it is somehow poor. It can genuinely only come from folk who have never been to a game at any other ground anywhere in the world because Ibrox, on a quiet day, is significantly better than all bar a few stadiums in the uk.

2 tadgers in front of me in the SJ Front giving Morelos dogs abuse and shouting for GVB to substitute him at half time. Morelos scores and they sat on their seat raging. Pair of pricks have a cheek calling themselves Rangers fans.
When I sat in GF1 many years ago there were two guys who done something similar. They done nothing but moan all game every game. Steven Thompson got dogs abuse the whole game one day. Then he went on to score and these two roasters were raging “aye it hud tae be fkn you Thompson ya pr!ck.”

Guy had just scored a goal for us. Needless to say they ended up in several near fights with bears round about them over the season.

The two girls in front of me spend half their time on Twitter and the other half on their betting apps looking at the scores for other games, then leave at 80 minutes.

I reckon the inclusion of decent stadium WiFi has made this worse.

Don’t suppose you were in the south stand?
If so this guy sits near me at Ibrox, as I seen him at Hampden too. He’s known for being up and down constantly for the toilet :D
Yep, South Stand!
He also seemed to have two "women" with him that were similarly inflicted with the same "problem!"
You know the type, munters with fake tan, huge eyelashes and nails, big bellies and very very weak bladders!
;)
But again always looked "very relieved" on return from their wee visit to the lavvie!

Probably working it’s Saturday

There was an old boy in front of me back in the day who looked like Robert Duvall. Non stop moaning. Every player was shite. Any misplaced pass was a sign the player wasn't fit to wear the Jersey. Any non forward pass was contemptible.

When we scored he looked fucked off. Drained your enjoyment something awful.

Might be the same guy from the OP bitching about him on the matchthread.:))

If I got a signal in the govan rear I would probably look at my phone more check the scores and messages from mates watching at home but I don’t get a signal lol.

I just had one roaster in MRQ today, greetin face bastard all game

2 folk in front of me left as soon as the second goal went in, come to the game and don't even see an hour, why bother going!??

One person annoyed you that much you had to come on and complain about him. Who cares??

Plenty football to talk about but yet its a wee guy on the phone thats clogging up the threads lol

Maby he was bored, wrecked, important call.

Who cares about a guy you dont know naw causing no bother??

Think you’re being a bit too hasty here OP. That wee guy in front of you could have been trying to line up a ride tonight, and I for one wish him every success in his endeavours.

He might be from a town (inserts town in Argyll, Highland or Ayrshire area for more abuse) far far away where the only female that is available has been round the village like a bike or his sister.

The Glasgow women are a bit more friendlier and don't have the reputation of local girls from Tinder.

2 folk in front of me left as soon as the second goal went in, come to the game and don't even see an hour, why bother going!??
Boy beside me went away at half time and never came back. May have moved seat right enough but he's done it previous but never in the big games.

Back