You sometimes have to wonder why guys even bother coming to the games

Seen a couple guys pre match supporting each other as neither could walk straight B-D. Be amazed if they got in never mind seen the full game
Been there,only once though,was that drunk after a party the night before,then into the Edmiston club at opening time, thought I was ok,till I started seeing four balls on the park,had to shut one eye,just to see one ball, lasted till half time.lol

Been there,only once though,was that drunk after a party the night before,then into the Edmiston club at opening time, thought I was ok,till I started seeing four balls on the park,had to shut one eye,just to see one ball, lasted till half time.lol
Looks like you were only drunk in one eye. Think about it.

Boy in front on me in the main stand rear today spent the entire match on his phone.

I know it shouldn’t bother me but as there was a spare seat next to him the glare from his screen meant you couldn’t help but get distracted by it.

He was that bad that I think the longest he managed to keep it in his pocket was about 25 secs.

Will no doubt go back to his mates tonight and say we played great yet probably saw less than 5 mins of the actual game.

What’s the point in these types of supporter even coming to the games?
Come on, for all you know his wife may have been in the labour suite giving birth and he was waiting on a text from her to let him know she's dropped the sprog.

He might be from a town (inserts town in Argyll, Highland or Ayrshire area for more abuse) far far away where the only female that is available has been round the village like a bike or his sister.

The Glasgow women are a bit more friendlier and don't have the reputation of local girls from Tinder.

Exactly.

Everyone, anyone.

I think season ticket culture doesn’t help in general. Too many who take it for granted and are only there out of habit or some other reason which doesn’t have much to do with supporting the team. Each to their own and all that but it’s not a cheap pastime so it doesn’t make sense to me.
It's a very good point and something that I can relate to, gave up my ST ten years ago ( had it for 25 years) and prefer to go the odd game here and there and certainly makes going to Ibrox ( or away game) more of an occasion.

I used to have a ticket in CR1 and my spirit was crushed week-in, week-out by the fat ride that sat behind me. Every effing week the entire first half was her talking pish about X-Factor in “that” effing accent. Absolute brain damage.

Thankfully she was partial to a pie or ten so some relief was had when she nipped away at half time more often than not only reappearing for 10 minutes or so of the second half.

Day trippers that don’t care about the game but an expensive hobby for her!

I've known many ST holders over the years, some the most fanatical rangers fans you will ever meet and some who just seem to go to pass the time and not really care one way or another about the result.

Few weeks back the guy and his son that sit next to me and my brother turned up 20 mins into the game then left with 15 minutes to go.

They stay in Cambuslang so it's no like they have miles to go.

I know we’ve always been a fickle crowd, been that way since I started going in 96 and I’m sure older bears would state the same.

But I really think since we’ve been allowed back in, the deafening silence and utterly moronic shouts from some old guy screaming in the tenth minute demoralising. The players can hear it surely.

I thought the forced absence of the pandemic along with 55 would have seen us go absolutely mental and be present from the first whistle to the last.

Been a tough gig for us all the past two years though so maybe something in it.

Out away support are explosive and surely should get some kind of UEFA award for sheer entertainment they bring to every stadia.

Last edited:
Few weeks back the guy and his son that sit next to me and my brother turned up 20 mins into the game then left with 15 minutes to go.

They stay in Cambuslang so it's no like they have miles to go.
I know folk who come from Rutherglen and Cambie who use that as an excuse to join the subway loyal.

No need for it now with the new link motorway that takes basically ten mins to get from A to B.

I know we’ve always been a fickle crowd, been that way since I started going in 96 and I’m sure older bears would state the same.

But I really think since we’ve been allowed back in, the deafening silence and utterly moronic shouts from some old guy screaming in the tenth minute “I wank dugs, f***ing piss” is demoralising. The players can hear it surely.

I thought the forced absence of the pandemic along with 55 would have seen us go absolutely mental and be present from the first whistle to the last.

Been a tough gig for us all the past two years though so maybe something in it.

Out away support are explosive and surely should get some kind of UEFA award for sheer entertainment they bring to every stadia.
Wait. What?

Boy on our bus hasn't seen a full 90 mins yet this season ..every game he leaves during the 1st half or half time at the latest , and today was no exception

2 tadgers in front of me in the SJ Front giving Morelos dogs abuse and shouting for GVB to substitute him at half time. Morelos scores and they sat on their seat raging. Pair of pricks have a cheek calling themselves Rangers fans.

In fairness he was rotten in the first half and couldn't have argued if he had been hooked tbh.

Still can't stand fans shouting dogs abuse at players. How does that help?

In fairness he was rotten in the first half and couldn't have argued if he had been hooked tbh.

Still can't stand fans shouting dogs abuse at players. How does that help?
Aye I agree he wasn’t great first half but to constantly berate him and then sit with no emotion when a Rangers player scores a goal is a disgrace.

Morelos was awful first half. Touch, work rate and his finishing were all dreadful.

Complete change in performance levels in the second half to be fair to Alfie. That’s what we expect all game though.

I think awful is somewhat harsh - he had some fine first half moments - the move with the one two with Hagi and lay off to Arfield was perfection.

Had Scotty finished that instead of passing I may well have wet myself so perhaps it's as well he never.

I don’t sit on my phone but i glance at it fairly regularly in breaks of play to see the opinion of my mates who sit in other parts of the stadium or watching from home. The WiFi, for the first time this season, worked ok for me today. I couldn’t care less if a miserable sod around me has an issue with that, people built that way have my sympathy.

The ones that get me are the ones who pay no attention to the game then if we score a late winner or something they go absolutely mental.

If you were really that emotionally invested in this you wouldn’t have been on your phone the whole time!

I think some people like the idea of going to the football more than actually going. They like getting pints in beforehand etc, then get to the stadium and it’s cold and there’s no booze and they can’t go for a smoke so they’re basically just waiting until the games done to get back to the pub.

Guy behind us CF2 tanned a half bottle of Buckie and 2 cans of cider, with a wean in tow!
The guy beside me regularly passes out while drunk. Fair play, it might be his idea of a good Saturday or it might be a sign of a bigger problem but I find it bizarre someone pays the best part of a season ticket for the experience. I'm sure it'd be cheaper to pass out somewhere else for a few hours.

Wasn't there today but a couple of guys in CF5 would be as well as sitting in the away end with the amount of shit they come out with against our players. I will confidently say that today probably wasn't any different.

We all have a moan if something doesn't come off but these two tadgers really have you wondering if they are timposters.

In answer to the OP I would expect because they enjoy it to TBF

I quite often glance at my phone, stick an in play bet on, check scores in other games, see what wench has been trying to slide in my DM’s, easy enough to do as there is often during games breaks in play, more so at Ibrox when teams time waste often.

Never been aware of the notion there was supposedly some set time limit on phone use during games TBH.

My auld man took me to my first game in the mid-60s and 'fickle' is right.

If you describe some as glass half-full/half empty then my auld man's glass was always bone dry. The grumpiest Rangers fan I have met in my puff - and that's saying something.

Fortunately, my uncle started taking me to games with his pals and they always enjoyed days out and actually enjoyed the football. Plus we'd stand at the top of the (now) Copland and he'd point out how the game was flowing and who to watch off the ball for runs and movement.

Still, back in the 60s, we had a lot of impatient and torn-faced cunts! Some things never change.

The ones that get me are the ones who pay no attention to the game then if we score a late winner or something they go absolutely mental.

If you were really that emotionally invested in this you wouldn’t have been on your phone the whole time!

I think some people like the idea of going to the football more than actually going. They like getting pints in beforehand etc, then get to the stadium and it’s cold and there’s no booze and they can’t go for a smoke so they’re basically just waiting until the games done to get back to the pub.

See to be fair most other countries are allowed to smoke and drink and they’re treated like humans so it definitely is more appealing. I’d say it’s an indictment of the match day experience in Scotland rather than have a go at folk that wrap their social lives in the football and maybe see the game as the bad part of the trip as in my view that’s an absolutely huge part of what football is, the community and social aspect of it (family and friends) without it you lose a strong connection and you might as well just watch City on the TV if we’re talking pure football entertainment value.

I enjoy all of it but I can definitely understand where people are coming from. Still hate folk who leave early though! :D

Last edited:
Imagine being at Ibrox to see the famous in a 3-0 win and after the game all you've got to say about it is about some guy on his phone.

Aye right enough it does make you wonder why some folks bother going to our games. :rolleyes:

In answer to the OP I would expect because they enjoy it to TBF

I quite often glance at my phone, stick an in play bet on, check scores in other games, see what wench has been trying to slide in my DM’s, easy enough to do as there is often during games breaks in play, more so at Ibrox when teams time waste often.

Never been aware of the notion there was supposedly some set time limit on phone use during games TBH.
Same for me. I like to keep up to date with other scores.

I also had a mate who couldn’t make it yesterday so was watching it on rtv so it’s good to hear from him as he has access to replays etc

Don’t suppose you were in the south stand?
If so this guy sits near me at Ibrox, as I seen him at Hampden too. He’s known for being up and down constantly for the toilet :D
:oops: must admit if ive had a few pints rapid before kick off im known to go a few times during game if it goes in it has to come out:D

Used to be a guy that sat behind me when I sat in CR

He used to come down from Peterhead. He would leave 9/10 times after 30-40mins, regardless of the score to go to the pub. The absolute latest I ever seen him in his seat was 70 mins.

That’s a good 3-4 hour journey down on a bus.

Why come all that way, pay for a season ticket only to watch not even half of a game then leave to go sit in a pub until the bus leaves?

Pathetic tbh

Oh and I’m sure you’ve already worked this but out but just in case you haven’t…he was an absolute roaster!!!

Haha does that mean Alfredo gets four chances instead of one?

Thankfully moved seats at the start of the season but boy I used to sit next to used to stagger in blootered about 20mins into the game, shouted abused at every player and away again around 60-65mins. If we were losing before then. Zero point in him coming to games made a point of telling him a few times but his replies were never in English it was a losing battle.

So glad he missed the braga come back and Hibs the same season left both games at half time B-D

Back