You sometimes have to wonder why guys even bother coming to the games

2 tadgers in front of me in the SJ Front giving Morelos dogs abuse and shouting for GVB to substitute him at half time. Morelos scores and they sat on their seat raging. Pair of pricks have a cheek calling themselves Rangers fans.

Does wanting more from your main striker when he is not performing make you less of a fan?

Some of the players didn't set the fans a good example the way they were walking around with their phones in the air when lifting the league trophy in the summer. Bassey, Aribo and Morelos seemed to be the worst culprits. Embarrassing and immature behavior.

Hopefully the club bans players from carrying around phones when celebrating future trophies.
Jesus F#ck, mate, I agreed with the initial part of your post, but that's just you being a curmudgeonly, auld fart. The players probably want to film the fans for themselves so that they can show their kids and families. Some of them are foreign, and would want to keep the footage to look at when they're old and grey...It's the first silverware some of them have ever won. How's that immature and embarrassing, ffs? I expect you wanted them to warmly, but lightly, applaud the supporters while wearing club suits, bowler hats and brown brogues....?

There’s a lad that occasionally sits near me and every time someone plays a poor pass or misses a chance we get a shout of “ma wee sister could dae better than that, and she’s 14” hear it 3 or 4 times every game. He also coaches the players from his seat “good ball, now move it on, left, left”

Brutal

There’s a lad that occasionally sits near me and every time someone plays a poor pass or misses a chance we get a shout of “ma wee sister could dae better than that, and she’s 14” hear it 3 or 4 times every game. He also coaches the players from his seat “good ball, now move it on, left, left”

Brutal
Maybe that's what put Thumbheid off his game yesterday!!

I don’t sit on my phone but i glance at it fairly regularly in breaks of play to see the opinion of my mates who sit in other parts of the stadium or watching from home. The WiFi, for the first time this season, worked ok for me today. I couldn’t care less if a miserable sod around me has an issue with that, people built that way have my sympathy.
This what you have posted, is one of the biggest problems at Ibrox. Your mates being in different parts of the ground.

In the bygone days of the terraces, you could shift 10 yards away and get away from folk that were bugging you. Or you could just turn around and offer them a square go if they didn’t stop talking pish. Well, that’s what my old man and his mates did. Always one or another. We stood in the same bit in the EE and those who were challenged tended not to reappear around there again.

I sit with my mates and the game itself is always the biggest part of the day, regardless if we get a pint before/afterwards or not but we all know there are bigger games that will have your 100% focus and then games which for one reason or another don’t. It’s the nature of the sport. If somebody wants to have a look at their phone during a lull in play, good luck to them(and I mean good luck as I can never get a signal).

A Guy and his wife have sat in front on me for good few years now and all the do for full match is criticise the performance of every Rangers player while telling everyone around that whoever we’re playing are going to score “ you can see it coming” trotted out umpteen times a game.
The don’t seem to get any enjoyment from attending the match and a few people around us have said their negativity is ruining the game for them.

The boy behind me wanted Morelos off from about the 5th minute. I think he was genuinely disappointed when Morelos scored. It was an afternoon of Morelos bashing for him.
I think there was few on here also disappointed.Soon as I got home from the game,there was already a thread on Alfie.

One person annoyed you that much you had to come on and complain about him. Who cares??

Plenty football to talk about but yet its a wee guy on the phone thats clogging up the threads lol

Maby he was bored, wrecked, important call.

Who cares about a guy you dont know naw causing no bother??
For 85 mins? He didn’t even look up from his phone when we scored. No point in him being at the game but will no doubt be telling everyone what a good performance it was.

That’s a massive exaggeration or you actually spent the whole game watching him on his phone, including timing him to 25 seconds without using it.

You are just as bad.
It really wasn’t an exaggeration, it was almost compulsive disorder material which he may or may not have had.

The things people are moaning about have been happening at Ibrox for years nothing is ever going to change I’m afraid.

Na
I am going to play devils advocate here with no motive but to give an alternative thought process. Without knowing why the boy was on his phone, it could potentially be that he is going through a bit of a hard time. For example, he could have an ill family member he is concerned about or has split up with his girlfriend. I just think sometimes there is a bigger picture and its always important to consider that.
Na he was on his betting app and “group football WhatsApp” the whole time. You could actually here his fingers typing it was that bad, constant.

Always remember a woman who sat two rows back was always in late evey game.
Even turned up once with bags of messages from Asda.

Honestly don’t see why folk are so sensitive about other fans in the ground, the general nutters give you a good laugh.

A Guy and his wife have sat in front on me for good few years now and all the do for full match is criticise the performance of every Rangers player while telling everyone around that whoever we’re playing are going to score “ you can see it coming” trotted out umpteen times a game.
The don’t seem to get any enjoyment from attending the match and a few people around us have said their negativity is ruining the game for them.
Sound like FF match thread aficionados as well

The two girls in front of me spend half their time on Twitter and the other half on their betting apps looking at the scores for other games, then leave at 80 minutes.

I reckon the inclusion of decent stadium WiFi has made this worse.
Decent WiFi? :oops:

In a way he's not wrong

People get into habits of going to things..... season ticket culture is same going to the games is a habit

It's also why it's frustrating I can't get 2 tickets for my kids even though there seats free near me apart from big games. 3 or 4 games a year.

Seat sub was introduced to open up tickets that were not being used but isn't really effective

Reality is done just go for the day or and don't attend the game stay in the pub done go to hurl abuse and some have more money than sense.

Buying a season ticket is a bit like your mortgage/ car insurance you budget it you start paying it then it becomes a normal bill.

I'd be all for what some teams in Germany were doing if you do not attend at least x percentage of games you lose the ticket.

At moment we are losing the future generation of supporters because kids don't get into habit of going

Of our next 5 home games, only the game on Boxing Day and possibly the Dundee Utd game on the 18th will sell out and people will easily be able to get tickets for the others

St Johnstone and Livingston on a Wed night and Stirling in the Cup being the 3 that there will defo be tickets available for. What will people’s excuses be for not going to them?

Because there is always an excuse for people not going to these games then bump their gums that they can’t get tickets for the bigger games

FWIW I got into the stadium after 10mins on Sat and left the 1st goal went in, got quite a lot in my plate just now couldn’t really concentrate on the football so went for a pint, if that’s alright with the attendance police? Only actually went so my ticket was scanned and got the Mygers points. Never put it on Seatsub as the game wasn’t sold out, so again these fans we keep hearing about that are so desperate to see and support the team could have had tickets on Sat too

The two girls in front of me spend half their time on Twitter and the other half on their betting apps looking at the scores for other games, then leave at 80 minutes.

I reckon the inclusion of decent stadium WiFi has made this worse.
Could've looked at the birds arse Infront of me full 90. Hope she's a new regular

Boy in front on me in the main stand rear today spent the entire match on his phone.

I know it shouldn’t bother me but as there was a spare seat next to him the glare from his screen meant you couldn’t help but get distracted by it.

He was that bad that I think the longest he managed to keep it in his pocket was about 25 secs.

Will no doubt go back to his mates tonight and say we played great yet probably saw less than 5 mins of the actual game.

What’s the point in these types of supporter even coming to the games?
Maybe he was just watching the game on his phone as he has a pish view from his seat? Bit creepy though that you seemed to be keeping tabs on him….

People get into habits of going to things..... season ticket culture is same going to the games is a habit

I f*cking love the Ibrox part of my day, but the ST part, and the "habit" of going to games to the vast majority of people who attend is generally a complete pain in the arse rather than "habit"

The traffic is generally shit no matter what method of transport you use, if you travel by SC bus the habit of the bus 70% a decent laugh, 30% a complete pain in the arse of chasing time, having to tell drivers to go down this way or that way to try and steal 10 minutes and then stopping at about every 5th lamp post as you get closer to home to let people off, to some it also means they travel to actually even board a bus and then travel again to get home once getting off the bus, to a hell a lot of people the "habit" of Ibrox is a 5 hour + day at least.

If people are attending Ibrox every week and paying out a Season Ticket, they are generally doing it because they enjoy supporting Rangers and make a decent level of commitment to doing it rather than it being habit TBH.

I'm not shocked some people park the odd game during a season if they have an ST, for a number of reasons, the notion of people being able to attend every single home game is a complete miss with how life works.

The habit of people sitting in the house on their arse and finding a stream and it only taking 1 hr 45 minutes of a day is a far easier one and offers people a f*cking shit load more time to walk back and forward to a toilet, smoke, p*ss all day, drink all day and shout abuse at things all day TBH, let's not kid ourselves on here, people attending Ibrox most weeks aren't doing so because the main driver is habit, and nor is the cost of an ST remotely like a regular monthly payment, the cost of the ST is just the start when it comes to attending games.

Last edited:
I think season ticket culture doesn’t help in general. Too many who take it for granted and are only there out of habit or some other reason which doesn’t have much to do with supporting the team. Each to their own and all that but it’s not a cheap pastime so it doesn’t make sense to me.
That's the 3rd time this season me and my brother have come to a game with seperate seats but still managed to sit together cos of empty ST seats.

They should save themselves a few quid and let someone else get the seat that will actually enjoy it

There's a guy who sits behind me and he is known to be the moaney b*stard of our section. Anytime the ball is played in the air he moans, "Play it on the deck" but if we try and pass our way out we're "messing about with it". Moans in a way you can just tell he hasn't actually played football all that often through his life, as he has little to no perspective for those on the park.

It's a shame because everyone else around me are a great laugh.

I sit in the Club Deck. Have done since it opened in 1991. My Dad and I got into an argument with a young guy and his Mum. It started with the young guy (20's) having a go at my Dad for some "advice" he was shouting. B-)

My Dad passed away in 2010 and last went to Ibrox in March 2006. I can't recall when the argument was but was sometime before 2000.

Anyhow, none of us speak to each other now but I reckon their whole family have moved in because there is a lot more don't interact with me now.

Last time we had any sort of interaction was when I shouted at a Tim player he was a "beady eyed lady's front bottom". The mother just stood up and shook her head.

No longer speak or even acknowledge them. But a weird family - over 20 years now.

Ove

I saw a thread on twitter last night. A guy said he has to leave 5/10 minutes early as his bus leaves 10 minutes after full time, the bus is parked 15 minutes away. He said that no one questions the guy that runs the bus about it.

I often see buses leaving Ibrox as I'm on my way to the bus at the back of the Louden. We leave at half 5 as we have a couple guys with hospitality tickets.

Brutal
Hahaha I do the second thing the coaching

Don’t even mean it and annoy myself but constantly find myself doing it

I saw a thread on twitter last night. A guy said he has to leave 5/10 minutes early as his bus leaves 10 minutes after full time, the bus is parked 15 minutes away. He said that no one questions the guy that runs the bus about it.

I often see buses leaving Ibrox as I'm on my way to the bus at the back of the Louden. We leave at half 5 as we have a couple guys with hospitality tickets.
Our bus leaves at 6 allowing people a few pints after the game, stops the leaving early for a pint brigade also

Our bus leaves at 6 allowing people a few pints after the game, stops the leaving early for a pint brigade also
Something I've never understood, few guys on our bus don't even bother going to the game they'll just stay in the pub until its time for the bus or leave well before the end of the game to go to the pub. My RSC is based in Montrose, just stay in the pub at home if you're not going to go to the game at all B-)

Wish my bus waited for an hour after the game, would be great to let traffic disperse and have a couple after game.
I'm in MFN and if am usually one of the last back to bus parked somewhere up Govan Road.

Wish my bus waited for an hour after the game, would be great to let traffic disperse and have a couple after game.
I'm in MFN and if am usually one of the last back to bus parked somewhere up Govan Road.
Yeah its a great arrangement tbh, picks us up outside a pub also so its great to let the traffic die down as you said

Back