Young boy on twitter ticket exchanges

kirkiebluenose

There's a young boy getting outed on twitter tonight as he's done many a bear out of tickets. Story goes he asks you to transfer money for tickets and then continually makes up excuses about posting them. Young boy from Aviemore or at least he claims to be name Connor Lyon. Any bears know of him he apparently owes over a grand for tickets not delivered.

The name alone should have had alarm bells ringing
Con or lying? Why would you be alarmed?

It’s a disgrace if he is a bear but as a close group I suppose there’s opportunities going to arise.
It’ll put off any genuine transaction. I’ve got a spare card for a lot of games I’ll probably just put up for secondary.

Recognise his name from the European football weekend page on Facebook.

It sounds like he’s made a fortune from it.

At least 20 people say average 25 quid a ticket talking 500 quid minimum.

Someone raised a good point seems to many people were too nice about it and didn’t expect a Rangers fan to do it.

There's actually people now saying he's conned then before and been too embarrassed to mention it for previous games over £600 he's done folk out of for the Hearts game next week

Bought 9 tickets off him. 250 quid.

Someone managed to get his home address in aviemore. I sent him his address and asked is this You? If so I will phone aviemore police tm and get them o visit.

He has now given one guy his money back for 3 tickets.

Hopefully get mine back tomorrow..

Giving a random guy money over the internet and relying on them giving you a ticket is massive alarm bells imo. I'd never give money over like that, face to face or nothing.

Hopefully people get their money back but I doubt they will tbh.

Someone managed to get his home address in aviemore. I sent him his address and asked is this You? If so I will phone aviemore police tm and get them o visit.

Hope you get money back. Temptation would be to let his address slip out to those effected

Last edited:
I got done off a lad on the old board. Agreed to swap tickets (Inverness for Dundee) and when my ticket arrived I messaged him and never heard anything back after him messaging me looking to swap.

In hindsight I should have exposed him and out his number on FF as a warning.

Stick it up here, %^*& him :)

I've heard his name mentioned with tickets before, not somebody I'd deal with personally.
I've sent tickets to people from here on trust and have always been paid. Its a shame when you hear of idiots that undermines trust among Bears.

Some (unt did me for Chelsea tickets on here before.

Bought 3, sent two, then pleaded ignorance. W@nk.

Bobby something his name was.

Some right arseholes ripping off fellow supporters, if he has previous and his address is known a visit from plod should be forthcoming

Horrible to hear. Shameful behaviour towards your own kind, actions befitting of a mentally challenged.

Was just reading the posts on twitter. Greggco has been tweeting about him so a lot of fans will know about the wee rat now.
Someone says he runs a club called the spey valley loyal.
He is @Aviemorebear1C

he conned the guy who runs our programme Facebook page out of a season ticket this season.

He's notorious for ripping people off and best avoided.

I don’t know why people would buy a ticket in this manner, especially with transferring them money without a ticket etc

Official ticketers on here are the way to go. Used them a few times all without issues

He is also on eBay, he ordered a stack of used tickets from me and arranged a meet at Ibrox, never showed. Said train was late then went straight to Hospitality.
Made numerous contacts with him thereafter but full of excuses.
Ive banned him he's been a scammer for years.

How many times do people need to be told not to send money direct to strangers over the internet?

I don’t know why people would buy a ticket in this manner, especially with transferring them money without a ticket etc

Official ticketers on here are the way to go. Used them a few times all without issues

This, i used the ticket forum on the old board frequently over a period of ~10 years and never had any problems.

Not really understanding why anyone affected is not contacting the police.

I usually would only buy with paypal goods and services as it has good cover for buyers.

My first priority is to get my money back, but even if I do get my money I'll be filing report with aviemore police station as we have his home address.

I am using the address as a bargaining chip just now, but he's getting grasses in regardless because he can't keep fleecing people.

Not really understanding why anyone affected is not contacting the police.
Individuals think they have made a mistake and Police would probably tell them it's a Cival matter, however now that there is a collective of complainers it is easier to prove a Crminal Act.
Now that individuals know they will probably contact Police now.

I needed 8 hearts tickets for me and my mates.

He told me that he was on a supporters bus and that due to the high volume of allocation - 15k - that the bus could get way more tickets that it needed. It just seemed plausible.

Also an email that looked to be from.rangers about allocation of tickets.

Lesson learnt, I would never send money like that over the internet to a random , but you just trust other rangers fans as you believe you are helping each other out.

Individuals think they have made a mistake and Police would probably tell them it's a Cival matter, however now that there is a collective of complainers it is easier to prove a Crminal Act.
Not a civil matter - theft, pure and simple.

I needed 8 hearts tickets for me and my mates.

He told me that he was on a supporters bus and that due to the high volume of allocation - 15k - that the bus could get way more tickets that it needed. It just seemed plausible.

Also an email that looked to be from.rangers about allocation of tickets.

Lesson learnt, I would never send money like that over the internet to a random , but you just trust other rangers fans as you believe you are helping each other out.
Where did you see his advert mate?

I usually would only buy with paypal goods and services as it has good cover for buyers.

My first priority is to get my money back, but even if I do get my money I'll be filing report with aviemore police station as we have his home address.

I am using the address as a bargaining chip just now, but he's getting grasses in regardless because he can't keep fleecing people.
M priority would be to contact Police, as we are reading this he might be conning more Bears out of money

not sure how you think they would say that mate. He promised to sell them something and took cash under false pretense. This is by the sounds of it online fraud
http://www.tradingstandardsecrime.org.uk/online-shopping-fraud/

A quick internet search reveals all his details.

Name, address, family etc etc.

They all sound like mentally challengeds.

Shouldn't even need his address I wouldn't think. If anyone has transferred money, they'll have his bank details. Police can easily trace him from that.

Not a civil matter - theft, pure and simple.

You enter a verbal contract for him to supply goods, you send money without seeing goods ( Hearts Tickets) they don't arrive. You contact seller he says they will be sent.
No crime has been committed until event has passed. He has up until event starting to supply goods.
Once event starts and goods not supplied he commits Crime.
However if he scams numerous customers and has no way of obtaining goods ( large amount of tickets) it's easier to prove crime earlier.

What a horrible lady's front bottom, got to be someone that lives local that could chap his door?

Back