Young fan thanks supporters after Alfredo Morelos made his day

A YOUNG Rangers fan has thanked others for their support after Alfredo Morelos made his wishes come true.The Colombian striker carried delighted mascot Lucas Rae-Shreenan, 6, on to the pitch before scoring in the Light Blues' 5-0 win over Hearts yesterday.

Gers-daft Lucas, 6, has spent a large part of his life in hospital.

But his day was made as he was led out by Morelos before watching his heroes put five past the Jambos at Ibrox without reply.

Light Blues fans hailed the youngster after his mum Mel posted a video of the heartwarming moment on Twitter, which has since been viewed more than 80,000 times.

Now, in a new clip, Lucas can be seen sitting in his Rangers-themed hospital bed, saying: "Thanks everybody for the comments, I had a great day yesterday."

After Morelos' opener yesterday, Ryan Kent doubled Gers' lead before a Christophe Berra own goal put the game beyond doubt.

Substitute Greg Stewart then netted a five-minute double to keep the pressure on Neil Lennon's Hoops at the top.

Lucas previously went viral in September after meeting hero Ryan Jack through the John O'Byrne foundation.

The youngster met up with the Gers midfielder and was given a Gers jersey with his name and number eight on the back.

And speaking after the match, Mel revealed her son was left in tears after Jack was named on the bench and unable to walk him onto the park.

She said: "Lucas was crying because Ryan couldn't take him out. Ryan asked Alfredo to do it and he come into the tunnel just took Lucas out my arms and cuddled him and he stopped crying and had a big smile on his face."

Fans also raised thousands for Lucas during a recent bucket collection at Ibrox during the 2-0 win over Porto.
I keep saying it. A club like no other and all the best to young Lucas.

Brilliant.

Without sounding holier than thou, isn't it great what human beings can do when we treat each other in a way that we would want to be treated ourselves? Well done to Alfie for helping to make the young lad's day.

All the best to Lucas and his family - hope you have a great Christmas and happy and healthy New Year!

Aside from Sunday, I’ve seen 3 or 4 times when some boys have been on the pitch at the end of an away game and Alfie has made a massive fuss of them.

Goal scoring genius? Yes

Thoroughly decent human being? Yes

That's brilliant! Bloody eyes were welling up at the other video of him meeting Ryan Jack.

Not that I ever got a meeting like that with my favourite players when I was younger, but took me back to how I used to feel seeing my heroes in the flesh at a match. We have such a special club.

How the heck are we supposed to watch that without breaking up?

Impossible.

What a Club. What a great wee guy.

You can see Defoe waiting just at the start of the tunnel smiling and then speaking to his mum. Asking how old Lucas is I think it sounds like

I noticed that as well, JD just oozes class and generosity, a great human being!

Kin hell. This has got me good and proper.
Lovely stuff. Brilliant from everyone concerned.

F.ucking hell - I'm an absolute mess watching that. Loads of things in my eyes. The wee lad constantly thanking Alfredo. Just amazing. Love stuff like this.

“Alfredo Alfredo. Thanks Alfredo. Thanks”.

Must have been very emotional for the wee man’s family. Hard not to have your eyes well up a bit watching that. Anyone with kids of their own gets that, and most others truthfully.

All the best, Lucas. Glad you had a fabulous day :))

Back