Young Gers Under 11's

All our youth teams seem to be doing really well atm. Its great to see!

Primary school level or not its good to get that winning mentality built into them as they develop.

Hopefully start to see a few of the older ones push on and make the break through in the near future.

I want to know everything that happens with our club. They are that well thought of to take them to Portugal and make a final, but according to you it doesn't matter? Why did you bother posting on the thread?
The poster is probably highlighting that winning isn’t top priority at that level.
Also, maybe the club don’t want any needless pressure put on kids of any age.

The poster is probably highlighting that winning isn’t top priority at that level.
Also, maybe the club don’t want any needless pressure put on kids of any age.

Winning isn't the top priority at any level other than the first team. Having a team or teams that wins at youth level means basically nothing because 90% of the players on the team will struggle to make it as pros - and they are winning while up against other teams where the same circumstances apply.

The youth system is there to produce first team players not to win youth leagues in Scotland or obscure tournaments overseas.

No one would disagree that the youth system is there to produce first team players. We all know that we will be lucky to get one or two of the Under 11’s through to the first team in the next decade.

However I don’t get your issue about winning the youth leagues or cup tournaments such as those in the Algarve and Dubai for example. Far better to learn the act of winning at an early age.

There will be defeats along the way for the youths which is something they must learn to handle and learn from the disappointment. I would far rather any team we have to be winning their leagues and tournaments than being regularly beaten.

Winning isn't the top priority at any level other than the first team. Having a team or teams that wins at youth level means basically nothing because 90% of the players on the team will struggle to make it as pros - and they are winning while up against other teams where the same circumstances apply.

The youth system is there to produce first team players not to win youth leagues in Scotland or obscure tournaments overseas.
I think you’re agreeing with me here?

Bet you're a riot at parties.

Guarantee Messi won a few obscure youth tournaments when he was coming through the ranks. These tournaments are hugely important for the kids who do make its development.

Last edited:

Happy Easter Mr Positive

Back