Young Rangers fan tragically dies: Lauren Reid

Lauren Reid, a young 19-year-old Rangers fan tragically died last Friday.
She was had just qualified as a Chef and was working in Gin 71 in the Merchant City, she had an asthma attack felt breathless and went outside for a bit of air.
While outside Lauren had a Heart attack and never regained consciousness. She was surrounded by her family when the Life Support machines were switched off, she died with Rangers top on and her Fernando scarf draped round her.
She lived with her Mum and Dad, Elaine and John in Dennistoun.
Her family is completely devastated and have asked if it is possible for her fellow bears to have a round of applause on the 19th minute of this Saturday's game against Livingston.
If possible. Can everyone share this on Social Media, please?
Put's everything into Perspective.
God Bless, my prayers are with you all so young

Suffered a bad asthma attack a few years back and still thankful to the emergency services who saved me that night.

Absolute tragedy for herself, family and friends.

Life is the most important thing we'll ever have. Try to make the best of it.

RIP young lady.

Sad and tragic news. I hope that her parents can find some strength from somewhere. I’d be a shell of a man if anything happened to my kids.

RIP Lauren.

Having experienced first hand the same (at same age) my heart goes out to them. Time is the only healer 18 months on, but don’t think I’ll ever get over it - was touch and go for a while. I hope her family can come to terms with it. RIP Lauren.

Tragic news
All thoughts with family & close friends
Must be so difficult to deal with this at the best of times - but the suddenness of the circumstances & the young age must make it all the more devastating
RIP Lauren

She was had just qualified as a Chef and was working in Gin 71 in the Merchant City, she had an asthma attack felt breathless and went outside for a bit of air.
While outside Lauren had a Heart attack and never regained consciousness. She was surrounded by her family when the Life Support machines were switched off, she died with Rangers top on and her Fernando scarf draped round her.
Her family is completely devastated and have asked if it is possible for her fellow bears to have a round of applause on the 19th minute of this Saturday's game against Livingston.
It really does stomping about like a mad man after the game
Then reading this
Heartbreaking as a dad of an 18 year old

Know Lauren's Dad John fairly well. Absolutely tragic news. How on earth does a family deal with such a loss?

RIP Lauren

My cub will be sitting beside me at game on Saturday,he's 19.......can't imagine the pain god bless you all.

19 years old,bloody hell.

Lauren was / is my cousin,s granddaughter & when we learned of this at the weekend she told me that the prognosis was not good, it just seems such a shame when something like that can happen so quickly to one so young.
RIP Lauren x

Back