Young Rangers fan tragically dies: Lauren Reid

That’s just awful, news like that puts everything into perspective. 19 years old, so sad. I can’t imagine what the family are feeling, my thoughts and sincere condolences are with them.

Shocking

I remember my wife having an attack after a row

She Spent a week in hospital and I was shocked how ill she was

Absolutley Tragic course of events still cant quite get head around it Lauren was always a proud Rangers fan and her family have had spirits lifted massivley by the immense show of support from Rangers Family I know her mum and few friends will be attending the game on Saturday So Big applause on 19th minute for Lauren Reid

That is so tragic. Asthma took a good friend of ours many years ago, I suffer from it myself and it’s a condition that kills thousands of people every year but many are unaware of how serious it can be.

RIP Lauren.

Simply horrendous and unfathomably tragic.

Condolences are simply inadequate at this time but I offer them anyway.

I'm not a religious man by any means but if God is their comfort I hope he shines his light on family and friends tonight and for the undoubtedly bleak months and years to come.

Lauren Reid, a young 19-year-old Rangers fan tragically died last Friday.
She was had just qualified as a Chef and was working in Gin 71 in the Merchant City, she had an asthma attack felt breathless and went outside for a bit of air.
While outside Lauren had a Heart attack and never regained consciousness. She was surrounded by her family when the Life Support machines were switched off, she died with Rangers top on and her Fernando scarf draped round her.
She lived with her Mum and Dad, Elaine and John in Dennistoun.
Her family is completely devastated and have asked if it is possible for her fellow bears to have a round of applause on the 19th minute of this Saturday's game against Livingston.
If possible. Can everyone share this on Social Media, please?
Put's everything into Perspective.
So sad my heart goes out to her and to her loved ones for their loss.

I've been made aware of a fund raising effort to assist Lauren's family. The link is here if anyone would like to help:

How can a parent ever get over this? God bless the family, I'm not religious but I give my love and thoughts and hope that in time the pain eases. I believe you will see her again. Life doesn't get worse but for Lauren's sake you must continue to try and live as happy a life as possible. xx

So sad to hear this. RIP young Lauren. And to the friends and family. I won't be at the football today but on 19 minutes I will thinking and praying for you all.

Always wondered how a parent gets through something so tragic.
A wee lassie with the world at her feet.
All the more touching for me too as my wee lassie is called Lauren.

They never get over it, they have to find a way of living with it. My Mum saw my older sister killed in a road accident before I was born. she was mostly happy and cheerful around my brother and I, but often shed a tear in a quiet moment.

in my daughters class at whitehill school. live just round the corner from her mum, i couldnt believe it when my daughter told me the other day, no words can ever describe what the family must be going through, god bless lauren.

Lauren Reid, a young 19-year-old Rangers fan tragically died last Friday.
She was had just qualified as a Chef and was working in Gin 71 in the Merchant City, she had an asthma attack felt breathless and went outside for a bit of air.
While outside Lauren had a Heart attack and never regained consciousness. She was surrounded by her family when the Life Support machines were switched off, she died with Rangers top on and her Fernando scarf draped round her.
She lived with her Mum and Dad, Elaine and John in Dennistoun.
Her family is completely devastated and have asked if it is possible for her fellow bears to have a round of applause on the 19th minute of this Saturday's game against Livingston.
If possible. Can everyone share this on Social Media, please?
Put's everything into Perspective.
I was good friends with the young girl's uncle many moons ago. RIP Lauren.

Rest easy young bearette and sending my love to family absolutely heart breaking.
Just too young far to young

Back