Young Steven Gerrard

Just watch Make Us Dream. Gerrard is a decent human being. That’s all you need to say about the guy. That’s probably all he would want you to say.

Didn't think so.

As for the video it's funny how the hallmarks of his game are visible so early on his career.

You can tell it's him from that pass in the opening seconds, and the way he runs on to that ball when he scores.

The best thing though is that he's on the winning team against a team called Celtic who play in green and white. :))
He said he even played bounce games at full pelt as he couldn't switch it off, all or nothing.

Born in Whiston, Merseyside,[2] Gerrard started out playing for hometown team Whiston Juniors, where he was noticed by Liverpool scouts. He joined the Liverpool Academy at age nine.[19] His childhood footballing heroes were John Barnes and Ian Rush at Liverpool and Paul Gascoigne for England.[20]

Although not a Catholic and living outside the catchment area, Gerrard attended Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School upon the recommendation of his primary school teacher, whose husband was a PE teacher there, due to its superior football reputation over more local schools.[21][22] Gerrard had trials with various clubs at fourteen, but his success was not immediate—Gerrard never made it into the England schoolboys' team. Gerrard's trials included Manchester United, which he claimed in his 2006 autobiography was "to pressure Liverpool into giving me a YTS contract."[23] He signed his first professional contract with Liverpool on 5 November 1997.[23]

Born in Whiston, Merseyside,[2] Gerrard started out playing for hometown team Whiston Juniors, where he was noticed by Liverpool scouts. He joined the Liverpool Academy at age nine.[19] His childhood footballing heroes were John Barnes and Ian Rush at Liverpool and Paul Gascoigne for England.[20]

Although not a Catholic and living outside the catchment area, Gerrard attended Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School upon the recommendation of his primary school teacher, whose husband was a PE teacher there, due to its superior football reputation over more local schools.[21][22] Gerrard had trials with various clubs at fourteen, but his success was not immediate—Gerrard never made it into the England schoolboys' team. Gerrard's trials included Manchester United, which he claimed in his 2006 autobiography was "to pressure Liverpool into giving me a YTS contract."[23] He signed his first professional contract with Liverpool on 5 November 1997.[23]

Then managed rangers , what more can a legend want.

Glad to have it confirmed that he is indeed of good stock! Was never in doubt IMO! Unfortunately he had to attend one of those awful schools though!

A legend of the game and so happy he's at our club. Pure class in every aspect. For me the first shoots of recovery for Rangers became evident when we signed Gerrard. It was a bold and brilliant statement. The improvement since he's arrived, in every aspect of the club has been extremely pleasing and there for all to see! It has been a steep learning curve, but everything has been building to the crowning glory of #55 which is destined to arrive this year. When it arrives, our British Isles will have NEVER seen a party like it! Mark my words.

We are lucky to have the man I believe to be the best young manager in the her majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Back