Youngest brothers birthday today - First Rangers top

TamS-RFC

As per title, his birthday today. Opened his presents and was fairly happy with what he got. Then it was a case of the “oh we forgot about this one”, he opened it up to be gifted the rangers Black and Blue kit which he has moaned and moaned for. Face was an absolute picture and he’s now sitting playing his computer wearing it with pride!

Makes me think, my first Rangers top that I was old enough to remember and appreciate was the Adidas baddy from the 9iar season.

What was yours?

This one, but it was a hand-me-down from my brother.

Ray-Wilkins-Rangers.png

First one I got for myself brand new was this one, and I loved it.

FSC_3_-065.jpg

This one, but it was a hand-me-down from my brother.

Ray-Wilkins-Rangers.png

First one I got for myself brand new was this one, and I loved it.

FSC_3_-065.jpg

That 88-89 top was my first one too. I absolutely loved it especially because my mums friend worked in a print company and got me a number 9 printed on the back.

As per title, his birthday today. Opened his presents and was fairly happy with what he got. Then it was a case of the “oh we forgot about this one”, he opened it up to be gifted the rangers Black and Blue kit which he has moaned and moaned for. Face was an absolute picture and he’s now sitting playing his computer wearing it with pride!

Makes me think, my first Rangers top that I was old enough to remember and appreciate was the Adidas baddy from the 9iar season.

What was yours?
Must've been around 1969 from Greaves. You got a little blue patch with the RFC on it that my mum sewed on.
Auld bassa loyal.

What was yours?

Fair play & I hope he has a great day. :D

Sad reflection on today's society that on the day he gets it, he sits at his computer wearing it instead of being out on the streets playing his mates at football whilst imagining himself as Alfredo.

Changed days :confused:

Fair play & I hope he has a great day. :D

Sad reflection on today's society that on the day he gets it, he sits at his computer wearing it instead of being out on the streets playing his mates at football whilst imagining himself as Alfredo.

Changed days :confused:

exactly what I said to him mate! When I was younger it would be straight outside with it on getting it boggin within minutes :D

What was yours?

He'll look back and remember it's from the season we won 55!

As the youngest of 3, my first Rangers top would have been a hand-me down from my big brother, round about 1985/86.
My Dad always kept his jerseys hung up on a coathanger in the cupboard, treating them with the respect they deserve.
Since l was about 18 upwards l have kept every Gers top l have owned (much to the dismay of the wife who moans about all the tops stored in the loft when we are fetching the Christmas tree!).
These tops should be treasured, particularly the ones from our successful seasons.

I had a 70s one with a massive collar. Then in the 80s I had both pinstripe tops. Robert Prytz always comes to mind when I think back to those days!?!

Heavy round neck blue long sleeves sew on badge white cotton shorts can’t remember the colour o the socks very auld git loyal

Wish I could get my first Rangers strip. The early sixties plain Royal Blue v-neck, white v round the neck, no cuffs, no badges, a la Wee Wullie Henderson, Ronnie McKinnon, John Greig etc. The Rangers shop were selling them a lot of years ago, but with the RFC embroidered logo that first appeared on the next shirt, the "Light Blue", as worn pre and in Barcelona. Never bought "my"shirt then as it wisnae authentic. Would still love to get one
(The one I had back then could be a wee bit tight these days, no?)

Wish I could get my first Rangers strip. The early sixties plain Royal Blue v-neck, white v round the neck, no cuffs, no badges, a la Wee Wullie Henderson, Ronnie McKinnon, John Greig etc. The Rangers shop were selling them a lot of years ago, but with the RFC embroidered logo that first appeared on the next shirt, the "Light Blue", as worn pre and in Barcelona. Never bought "my"shirt then as it wisnae authentic. Would still love to get one

I reckon the club only started selling official replica shirts around 1978-79, mate. Before that as a kid, I had a light blue crew neck shirt with a sewn-on Rangers badge.

90-91 top.

Although when I was about 4 or 5 I got all the previously commercially released home tops as hand me downs from my cousin.

https://www.toffs.com/rangers-1957-1968-retro-football-shirt

1633606.jpg

I was about 6/7 years old. Also had the number 11 on the back. Got stolen off the washing line out the back, my mum never hung another football top out the back after that:D:D
That was my first one. My cousins old one. Down to my knees! Wore it day and night

Back