Your all time Rangers XI - only one player per country (tougher than it sounds!)

11b8dxz.png

Per same question on twitter.

Start with Laudrup and Gascoigne then work back.

Plus the one I done had to be players you had saw so couldn’t put JG JB etc in personally.

Got asked this by a mate recently and found it an interesting challenge and thought I'd put it to the wider Bear community.

As I say, tougher than it sounds - if you want Goram you can't have McCoist etc.

Here's my provisional one, no doubt I'll change it once I see better suggestions -

Woods

Numan
Amo
Moore
Greig

Albertz
Reyna
Davis
Laudrup

Prso
Morelos

Great thread. Very difficult mate.

Using players in my lifetime;

Niemi
Papac Cuellar Moore Van Bronkhorst
Gascoigne Reyna Albertz Laudrup
Mccoist Morelos

Klos

Porrini
Bougherra
Butcher
Papac

Souness

Reyna
Pedro Mendes
Van Bronckhorst

Laudrup

Morelos

A solid dependable team, that wouldnt be bullied, yet still capable of moments of magic.

Klos, Porrini, Cuellar, Boogie, Papac; Ferguson, Gazza, Gio; Laudrup, Jelavic, Morelos

Not a great formation and really not our best defence. I guess Laudrup has a free role and two up top. Would liked to have included Super also, but hard to leave out B Ferguson.

3-4-3
Charbonnier
Amoruso
bougherra
Papac
Laudrup
Ferguson
Gascoigne
Albertz
Caniggia
Prso
de Boer

Great thread

KLOS NUMAN MOORE AMOROUSO PAPAC
GASCOIGNE CANIGGA FERGUSON REYNA
LAUDRUP MORELOS

Excuse capitals

Klos, Porrini, Cuellar, Boogie, Papac; Ferguson, Gazza, Gio; Laudrup, Jelavic, Morelos

Not a great formation and really not our best defence. I guess Laudrup has a free role and two up top. Would liked to have included Super also, but hard to leave out B Ferguson.
Nice choice. You read my mind...;)

Going by players of MY lifetime I’d go
Klos

Amoruso
Moore
Boumsong

Gazza
Laudrup
Reyna
De boer

Cannigia
McCoist
Prso

Struggled with a couple of choices. Goram/McCoist/ Ferguson
Albertz/klos

Klos - GER

Ricksen - NET
Cuellar - SPA
Bougherra - ALG
Papac - BOS

Kanchelskis - RUS
Gascoigne - ENG
Reyna - USA
Tugay - TUR
Laudrup - DEN

McCoist - SCO

Subs:
Charbonnier - FRA
Amoruso - ITA
Moore - AUS
Mikhailichenko - UKR
Davis - NIR
Caniggia - ARG
Morelos - COL
Prso - CRO

Klos

Porinni
Butcher
Cueller
Papac

Hemdani
van Bronckhorst
Baxter

Cannigia
Morelos
Laudrup

Originally had Numan or van B at left back but then had to have Mikhailichenko in midfield and thought balance was too attacking there.

Choices were either putting Charbonier in goal and Albertz in midfield or what I did. Papac is far from the best left back that we have had but he is solid and with Baxter free roaming and Laudrup on the wing, I don’t think we need to worry too much about the left back’s attacking abilities.

As always, going with players I have witnessed in the flesh. Cheating, slightly.

GK - McGregor - Scotland
RB - Bougherra - Algeria
CB - Cuellar - Spain
CB - Amoruso - Italy
LB - Papac - Bosnia
DM - Mendes - Portugal
RM - Davis - Northern Ireland
LM - Albertz - Germany
AM - R. De Boer - Holland
CF - Morelos - Colombia

CF - Jelavic - Croatia

Klos - GER

Ricksen - NET
Cuellar - SPA
Bougherra - ALG
Papac - BOS

Kanchelskis - RUS
Gascoigne - ENG
Reyna - USA
Tugay - TUR
Laudrup - DEN

McCoist - SCO

Subs:
Charbonnier - FRA
Amoruso - ITA
Moore - AUS
Mikhailichenko - UKR
Davis - NIR
Caniggia - ARG
Morelos - COL
Prso - CRO

Show off !!!

Goram

Johansen
Moore
Amoruso
Barisic

Gazza
Albertz
Reyna

R de Boer
Morelos
Caniggia

Barasic is a very puzzling pick, wouldn't even get in my starting 11 for the current team nevermind one made of our some of our greatest players. IMHO Papac would be a better choice.

1. Klos
2. Nicholl
3. Papac
4. Souness
5. Amoruso
6. Bougherra
7. Reyna
8. Gazza
9. Mols
10. Novo
11. Laudrup

Subs
12. Charbonnier
14. Morelos
15. Miko
16. Cousin
17. Vidmar
18. Prso
19. Mendes

Last edited:
Great thread.

Goram

Moore
Andrews
Amoruso
Papac

Laudrup
Gascoigne
Reyna
Albertz

Mols
Morelos

Subs
Caniggia
Thern
Buffel
Charbonnier
Novo
Mikhailitchenko
Stensaas

Klos
Porrini
Moore
Numan
Cuellar

Gazza
Laudrup
Reyna
Caniggia

Ally
English

Subs Kitchenbrand, Prso, John, Daly, Papac, Shota, Miko, Alfredo, Prytz, Beck and Niemi.

Reyna
Amoruso
Cuellar
Numan

Laudrup
Davis
Gascoigne
Albertz

McCoist
Morelos

It is to late for my pea brain to pick my 11, will have to wait till after breakfast[/QUOTE]

It’s really hard mate. I went on the basis of my favourite ever players I’d seen, but for instance my favourite Scot would’ve been Gough or Jardine, as I only caught Greig right at the end of his career. And then with Dutch players it was Numan or Gio, both of whom I loved.
So it’s really hard to choose an 11 that works as an actual team, with the right balance of skill, strength, pace, etc.

It is to late for my pea brain to pick my 11, will have to wait till after breakfast

It’s really hard mate. I went on the basis of my favourite ever players I’d seen, but for instance my favourite Scot would’ve been Gough or Jardine, as I only caught Greig right at the end of his career. And then with Dutch players it was Numan or Gio, both of whom I loved.
So it’s really hard to choose an 11 that works as an actual team, with the right balance of skill, strength, pace, etc.[/QUOTE]

Can only imagine your 11 is a bloody great side when on the front foot. Just questioning does it have the players to do the dirty side of the game, dig in and defend.

I better get the pen and paper out and start choosing my 11.

Klos

Porrini
Cuellar
Bougherra
Greig

Reyna
Van Bronckhorst
Gascoigne

Laudrup
Prso
Hubbard

Back