Your Best and Worst Moments Supporting Rangers

Best - winning the league at Killie in Walters final year, was so chuffed he went out a champion in a tight title race.

Semi Final v the mentally challengeds, penalty shoot out 2 seasons back. Leaving Hampden that day I felt elated, drained & exhausted all at the same time. Work the next day was magical!

Florence & reaching the Uefa Cup final. Unbelievable & I can say iv seen The Famous in a European final. Im only 27 so ain't gave up on a second.

Worst - 2012 & all the shit that happened the next few years, we're only just starting to recover now.

Losing the league in 2008, genuinely thought we were doing the quadruple that year. The hardest iv ever taken a title defeat.

Beating Aberdeen to win the league at Ibrox after being involved in a car crash on the way there.
Being amongst maybe 10,000 in our brand new shiny stadium listening to a bunch of neds chanting Ally Ally get tae %^*& in a league game right before he scored a hat trick to win league cup final.
This is why we need to calm the %^*& down over this new manager deal. Get a grip guys

Difficult to separate good times, won't share my worse though.

Good times: Humping the beasts at their midden when Alex Miller scored a wonder goal in the last minute from a Bud throw-in (Bud was always my favourite Gers player and no other will change that).

I was a young lad experiencing the joys of alcohol, 'Old English' was what I swallowed during the match, a thick wine which tasted nice and added to the occasion, more so when Miller slammed that one in with the game heading to 1-1. I made my way out the piggery and somehow lost my mates...woke up 3 hours later in Glasgow Green lying on the grass with my scarf around my neck.

Got myself together, brushed myself down and thought myself lucky whilst re-enacting the moment Alex Miller did what he did.

A great day followed by many more without the 'aid' of Old English bottled wine.

There has been very many bests.

My first euro away game winning in Eindhoven.
Lovenkrands final was a brilliant 24 hours. Everything went perfectly.
Helicopter Sunday.
Florence.
Winning 3 0 and watching them implode at their midden then our huddle.
Treble in their Sevile season :)
Gazzas hat trick v sheep.
Laudrup Cup final 5 1 another perfect day.
Lyon 0 Rangers 3

To witness all of the above in person has been special.

There have been low points. Administration. Green and his band of crooks getting the club. Fattys involvement. 2 0 up and losing at Alloa. Losing to Raith at Easter Road. McCoists hero to zero management and cash grab. Losing players for nothing or buttons. Realisation that we still have some way to go and uncertainty that some trying to get us there are the right people.

Worst:
My first time at the Piggery watching the 1979 league decider. Crusing at 2-1 against 10 men then we conspire to fook things up and they win 4-2!!!
To make matters worse, my wee pal and I took a bleaching of a group of Tims on the way home.

Best:
Us winning the title at the Piggery and them completely losing the plot. Sweet revenge for 79!!

Last edited:
Best.... Our supporters bus full, sashing it up and waiting outside my school for me until I finished my maths higher, my dad on the bus with my change of gear and then us all heading to Manchester the day before the UEFA Cup Final.
2 days with friends and family that will live with me forever and God only knows how I passed that exam coz my mind was definitely on other things.

The worst?
Watching Craig f***in Whyte give that "speech" on the steps of Ibrox.

Heartbreaking.

Best was Helicopter Sunday. Doubt I'll ever experience a feeling like that again.

Worst, well 2012 goes without saying so keeping it to on-field stuff it would probably be the Motherwell game the Saturday after Manchester, when the league slipped away. Gutting.

Best 5-1, Ray Wilkins volley, possibly the game I've watched the most, I was 9 when the game happened and its engraved in my memory.

Worst 0-1 Stirling Albion. The day I finally lost it with McCoist, my childhood hero

Best - being in the beach end and watching us winning the league at pittodrie in 87. Following the team bus back down the road, windows down, tunes on, scarves out, watching them celebrate.

Worst - Found the 5-1 pumping at Ibrox under Pedro really hard to take on top of all the other sh!t since 2012!

Best - there are so many to choose from. I’ll go Helicopter Sunday though. An incredible 10 minutes at the end where I thought I was in a dream. I think this stands out as it’s the only one where I genuinely thought we had no chance. The others, 9inar, Aberdeen final day, Dunfermline final day, Killie etc I did fancy us to do it.

Only one that would come close was the teams walking out at the UEFA Cup Final

Worst - 10 in a row slipping away.

Best- 1964 Scottish Cup Final,first trophy I watched Rangers winning
Worst- 2012 was horrendous but nothing could be more horrific than 2nd January 1971

Best - drawing 1-1 with cska Moscow and going out of the champions league . Seems strange but I've never been more proud to be a bear . Everyone stayed behind to clap , cheer and sing despite the disappointment .

Worst - losing the UEFA cup .

Yes that was possibly the most horrendous. Griffiths nearly blows the roof out the net, Boyata scores from 3 yards out and Lustig just wanders through our defence and picks his spot, creating an iconic image for dhims with his jersey over-the-head routine. "McGregor can't find the space...yes he can" fucking hell.....

It was just a shocker of a day. Didn't help by giving a penalty away early doors.

They knew they were going to win that day, as did we probably, but didn't expect that.

Best

Hard to decide between Florence and helicopter Sunday, think Florence just shades it though seeing grown men crying with joy in the stands when the wee man stuck the penalty away will live with me forever.

Worst

Easily the Craig Whyte nonsense that's happened over the last 6 years, liquidation, being demoted to the lowest tier of Scottish football was hard to take.

Best 9 in a row by a country mile
Worst..I wasnt born when it happened but attending the Ibrox disaster 25th anniversary service at Ibrox... bitterly cold day prob how it was in that fateful day and seeing grown men openly weep broke my heart...

Best - travelling down to Manchester and the build up to the game. Amazing atmosphere.

Worse - the game and all the shite reported after it.

The best is a toss up between helicopter Sunday and the Lovenkrands cup final. Fortunately I witnessed both first hand. I don't think I've seen one side of Hampden empty so fast!

The worst, and by some margin, was the early months of 2012!

I had plenty of great including:
Beating Leeds in champions league and my dad giving me the day off school as we were the British champions.
9 in a row.
Winning league at parkhead.
Lovenkrands last minute winner in cup final.
I never thought winning the league in the last day in 2003 would be outdone but helicopter Sunday was phenomenal.

Worst: The day we went into admin and the subsequent months and few years.Its been hellish.

Worst - there’s a few but for me the one that sticks out for me was the Challenge Cup final on 2014. It was just terrible. That team were dreadful. If memory serves me right we only lost one game in 90 minutes that entire season (the Scottish cup semi v Dundee United) but losing that late goal just summed up the whole post-admin era. An absolute shambles.

Best - like many, if 55 stops 10IAR that will be the greatest. Watching Novo stroke that penalty away in Florence was great but beating the mhanks on penalties in 2016 was exceptional.

Best was winning the title at Easter Rd in 1975. It’s hard to describe the emotions of winning the title for a decade. The atmosphere that day was the best I’ve ever experienced

Worst was at the piggery at the game we lost 4-2 and the title to a ten man Tim side despite hav8ng the lead and knowing a draw would have done us. A promising debut season for John Gregg as manager crumbled before our eyes in that game and would never recover from it. I’ve never felt more hurt losing a football game than on that occasion

(I’ve limited this to on field results since that’s how I read the question)
A different best for me - but that was the worst ever for a young best of 14 years - end of world stuff

Best- Meeting Souness in Spain during the summer of 86 , just knew the next season would awesome and it was. Being where we were in the first half of the 80s made that season even sweater . That change catapulted us to many trophy laden years up until Admin . 25 years of mostly success, Aberdeen 2-0 to win the league at Ibrox on last day, Leeds Utd games, that 92/93 season, 9 in a row, Advocaat years, helicopter sunday, Manchester, Kilmarnock away etc.
Were still awaiting a new Souness moment and tbh i think football has changed too much for us ever to experience that again.
Worst a game against Berwick at home in div 3, the novelty had worn off and at half time i wanted to be anywhere but at Ibrox watching turgid crap, came close to walking out and going to the pub at half time. Stuck it out though.

Best Bayern Munich 1972and Fiorintina,

Worse Manchester where I felt Smith got it all wrong on the night by being ultra defensive and Administration.

Watched on tv the 1972 final. The thing I remember strangely was going to school the next day with my Rangers scarf on to be met by comments from mainly hi bees about how lucky we were to win. I was 12 at the time but it didn't dawn til much later that it must have been their dad's sitting cursing when we won spreading their bile onto their boys. Also beating Leeds at Elland Road, now 33 years old and running up and down the boozer with a couple of mates like bairns. Worst, any time we get beat by the scum.

Best: In the home end at Tannadice when God got 9iar.

Worst: Between drawing with cska moscow in 93 or being at Tannadice when we did not win 10iar.. Cried both days. :(

Best. Driving down to Manchester in a huge convoy of bears, service stations full of us, the whole motorway a line of cars, buses, vans . The day in Manchester, great weather great cameraderie .

Worst. Any defeat by them

The bank holiday after that title win at the piggery I went to Annie millers the next day for a curer,a few regulars in the pub suggested everybody in the pub chipped in for a cargo & a fitbaw & head to the Glasgow green!
Some guy called ‘sauce’ appeared with a rangers ball so off to the green we went for a kick about and some cans in the sunshine. Happy days

A bet you’ve never had a better bank holiday

A bet you’ve never had a better bank holiday
Here’s another random part of the story,I had a sprained ankle before we played football so I went in goal & pulled off a one handed save from a downward header that was world class:)(I swear if it happened in a stadium folk would still talk about it:p)

Best. Every win over celtic. The first 3 Souness wins over them in 86/87 season were the best ones. Also. manchester tsunami, Dynimo Kiev game, Lovenkrands final, McCoist hat trick final, Fiorentina, Helicopter Sunday, SC semi 2016, 5-1 Wilkins game, PSV at Ibrox game 4-1 Mols finest vintage, Gazza league winning hatrick

Worst..dec 2011 till aug 2015. Two 5-1 beatings last season. Actually losing 2-1 to them in 1988. Bartram scored. League was going to them in their centenery year. Sad day

Hard to split the Lovenkrands Final and Helicopter Sunday.

Worst is any defeat to they bastards.

Best 1999 a proper huddle at the Darkheap
helicopter Sunday
Worst feeling ever the 1 5 humiliation from the fhith last season phuk that hurt.

84 skol cup final, first time I’d seen us beat the filth
Worst losing to Hibs 2006, I got jumped by 4 yahoos when staggering home pissed after they mouthed off at me and I retorted

Best- Helicopter Sunday. The feeling when news of the equaliser came through is indescribable.

Worst- losing ten in a row. First time I'd ever known us not to win the league. Still recall the sickening feeling on the way home from the beamback.

UEFA cup final was a weird feeling. Was still a proud feeling to have got that far but walking away from the ground there was the feeling that it was a once in a lifetime thing and we would never get the chance again to win a European trophy.

As a (ahem) veteran Bear I be had many great and bad moments following the ‘Gers.

I think my best was at Pittodrie when the ‘magnificent bastard’ led us to our first title in years. I was at the match and must admit to being overcome with emotion.

Worst for me was losing 4-2 to the bheast to lose the league in John Greig’s first season.

WATP

Best; Aberdeen May 87, massive Rangers support and a hellva post match party.
Worst; not getting 10 IAR, (dis) honorable mention to Charles Green, Cu :mad:nt

A lot of really good ones.....been lucky enough to live through a golden era after growing up and getting really into supporting when we'd lost our way pre-Souness.

Helicopter Sunday was a special one albeit I wasn't at the game but maybe strangely our last Treble win-travelling back I recall saying after a pretty uninspiring final-you should always cherish a treble you never know when you'll win another. Those words often ring about my head.

Low point footballing wise is Manchester. Mainly for personal reasons-my old dear was a big Bluenose and was terminally ill I know how much she wanted us to win it and she never spoke about it too much-I know how much she wanted us to win it for me. She passed it off as one of those things but there was a lot unsaid. When we lost the title it put a tin lid on it.

We'll be back nothing surer,

Best: the champions league run. Beating Leeds away in the 2nd leg probably the best 90mins and result I’ve ever experienced and still my favourite goals to rewatch. Then the comeback v Marseille at Ibrox. Just remember going mental when Hateley equalised as did everyone in Ibrox than night.

Worst: Too many as every defeat still feels like a kick in baws. And the more recent they are the worse I still feel. Losing to Hibs in the cup final still really f@&king hurts being from Edinburgh

Best
Home win v Parma
Clinching 9iar
99 at their cesspit
UEFA semi v fiorentina. Watched it in the pub. Called out that Vieri would, sky his pen, he did, I got mobbed.
Going to Manchester with my dad.

Worst
Manchester.
Not getting 10
Being cheated out of cl final
Cooper going to motherwell

Worst :- 2012

Best :- Seeing Ibrox.I still get that excited wee boy feeling every time I see the stadium.Sad for a near 47 year old man but we all have our foibles.

Best
9 in a row, may 1999, helicopter sunday, Manchester, taking my son to his first game (1-1 vs inter, champions league)
Worst
February 14th 2012

Worst - Stokes diving to win a penalty that would’ve made Them certs for the title.

Best - McGregor saving said penalty.

Never screamed and celebrated as much. We still needed snookers but effectively the were a penalty kick away from winning the league at Ibrox.

Back