Your Best and Worst Moments Supporting Rangers

Best: Doubt anything in my lifetime will ever come close to the emotion and feelings of the original Helicopter Sunday.
I never thought Brian scoring that header at tannadice would have been topped but HS did it.

Worst: The day Shyte walked through our door.

Best for me was helicopter Sunday, when Motherwell scored the first i was going metal but thinking the beasts will get another, when the second went in it was, without doubt, the best moment for me as a bear. Worst was 2012, culminating in the 4-0 defeat on 27th Dec (2014) to Hibs, could have been a lot more, but worse than that was the fact i couldn't see light at the end of the tunnel, Ashley dishing out his soft loans and only a matter of time before he got Ibrox, low times, thankfully now we are doing better, don't get me wrong we still have a long way to go but we are moving forward.

Up at Aberdeen in '87. I can still remember the unbridled joy. Only down side was falling out with a mate, who thought I'd nicked his hat. I hadn't. I knew who had, though, and she was worth keeping it a secret! That said, as others have suggested, 55 will be ... well, I don't have the words to describe how I'll feel. Suffice to sat I'll permit myself a wee smile and a celebratory refreshment.

Worse? There have been a few times when a result or incident or event has left me hollow inside, but what I can't stand is the sight of the phlastics celebrating in our home.

Best-So many, but May 87 a standout, the Souness revolution in full flow with title coming back to Ibrox.
Worst - 2012, Bears, never forgive or forget any of the phuckers who tried to kill us off. And the list is long.

Best. 3 nil at the Piggery to clinch the title and the Mhanks completely losing the plot. (Surprise Surprise ). Despite the result and all the guff written after Manchester needs a mention. That day showed the World. ....WE ARE THE PEOPLE.
Worst...... 2012. Nuff said.

Hard to pick a best moment, there's so many, but for me............

Hibernian 1 Rangers 1 1975.

Worst - 2012 and the events that have followed since.

Lovenkrands cup final was glorious, the whole room went ballitic, telly knocked over, table smashed etc. Totally worth it.

I know there's been far worse but the Motherwell game at Hampden the other week. Took both my boys and left after the second goal went in. I've not felt as flat as that after a game for a long time.

Best seeing the team going round Ibrox with ecwc.

Easter Rd 75

2 trebles in 3 seasons under big Jock.

Souness revolution.

Great wins v Juve PSV Dynamo Kiev Leeds Parma etc.

May99 and plenty other bleachings v Filth.

Worst Gothenburg in CL had high hopes only for them to be wiped out with a pathetic performance.

And obviously everything that's affected us from 2012.

Helicopter Sunday imo will never be eclipsed... watched it in my parents house with most of my family... my dad who is normally the calmest went absolutely radio rental

The worst was Feb 2012 .... 1-5 against them was the worst iv felt at a game

EDIT... 55 will be the sweetest

Winning the league at the mentally challenged dome 1999 ,helicopter Sunday ,when we one the league by one goal beating Dunfermline 6-1 followed by Sutton’s melt down the worst February 2012

so many to choose from but from a playing perspective only;

Best the 1-0 cup semi final when Robertson was sent off. The high from this game was incredible with bears singing long after the final whistle, with rain pouring down. A marvellous night that healed many scars.

Worst, no question losing the league to ten men at the San Giro after being 1-0 up at half time.

What about Mojo's winner against them in '89, or the 2-2 two years earlier with Roberts conducting.
Dynamo Kiev 1987.
The Ray Wilkins 5-1

Worst? Sorry but too many recently

Novo's penalty against Fiorentina is probably my highlight, just sheer euphoria.

There's obviously been loads of bad moments lately but one that sticks out is when Raith beat us in that Ramsdens Cup. We played a 4-5-1 with Daly up front himself, it was brutal. That entire season was particularly awful actually, even though we were undefeated. Lewis MacLeod was injured a lot and the football we played was mince.

Best. Helicopter Sunday. Worse. How we didn't get proper justice over the crooks that nearly brought our club to ruin. Still eats away.

Worst,walking out of Man City’s ground after we lost the final to that bloody Russian shitty anthem!!

Best,getting to tell people that never knew Davie Cooper all about my hero & also bringing up my two boys as Bears

WATP

The best was winning the league at the piggery.

The lowest i've ever felt was the play off game against Motherwell. There was no real shame in not winning 10 a row but the humiliation of coming third in the 2nd tier of Scottish football then failing to win a play off was a stain that will take a ling time to wash out.

Best - Fiorentina, Lovenkrands Cup Final, helicopter Sunday, Dunfermline League win, Killie away League win.

Worst - admin, Hibs SC Final.

I was driving into Glasgow and heard the last minutes with McDonald scoring.. I could not believe it as I parked behind the St Enoch's Centre .There was a bit of a scrap going on between Celtic and Rangers supporters in the car park .....the mhanks could not believe or accept they had been pipped to the title.

Best----helicopter Sunday or Konterman's howitzer showing they were beatable.
Worst--losing 1967 ECWC final, 6 days after bheasts had won EC. 5 1 game, left at 4 0 thinking it may be 6 or 7. (and people still thought Pedro was doing ok)

Of the games I was at:
Best, winning the league at Easter Road in 1975 to stop Mhanks 10 in a row.
Worst, drawing with CSKA Moscow in 1993, the day we could have made it to the CL final, though we were also depending on Brugges taking something from Marseilles, don't expect to be at a game like that again though you never know what the future of football may hold.

Last edited:
Nacho's penalty hitting the back of the net in Florence has to be the best feeling I've ever experience, not just at football but in my entire life.

Worst would probably be that big Dutch guy with the long, stupid name scoring an injury time winner for them at the piggery in the 07/08 season.

3-2 cup final last min winner from Lovenkrands

worst a lot recently with that fekn Raith Rovers cup final at Easter Road near the top.

But probably getting beat last min by them van whits his name fae hesselink

Actual watching Rangers games:

Best: Dunfermline 2003 title clincher. THE most exciting last day finale ever, even eclipsing (IMO) the Sheep 2-0 title win in 1991.

Closely followed by Lyon 0 Rangers 3 2007.

Worst: 2016 Losing the Scots Cup Final to Hibs after leading 2-1 with not long left. Then seeing they jakey scum take liberties on the Hampden pitch post match. Something they would NEVER have got away with against Rangers fans in the 70's/80's.

Best for the club: The three Bears rescuing us from the spivs and giving us our club back in 2015.

Worst: Admin 2012 and what followed for three long years - Shyte/Green/Somers/Ashley/the Greenock brothers & co - who SO nearly killed us off completely!

Best:- Being in the Nou Camp in 1972 to watch Gers win the ECWC.

Worst:- Being denied the cup presentation at the end of the match because of the Spanish Police's fascistic behaviour !!

Back