Your best and worst Rangers memorabilia

I used to have the 3 statues of Gazza, Laudrup and Ally from 1998/99 and I think my old dear must have papped them. They were cracking. I wish I still had them

I have a scrapbook of 9 in a row year. Saved up papers and alsorts else when at the games that season and then set about them with scissors and pritt stick. Its a riot but felt like a good thing to do and had lots of fun doing it. I also have loads of framed pictures bought from rangers shop back in the day. Need to get up my mums loft and look it all out. Got a Laudrup and gazza signed photos as well from when i went to see them in sports division.

Best -I still have an original Rangers Supporters Association sik scarf bought for me by a family member over 50 years ago.
Worst - Nothing springs to mind

Have you not got the cookbook Amo brought out?

0954420217.jpg

he certainly seems to love food nowadays!

I have a couple of signed prints of Colin stein scoring in Barcelona, and of wee bud scoring also. Signed by both players and a signed
CWC final. They were original prints taken by one of the photographers from the daily record at the time. Got them safely tucked away.

also have, randomly, a manager of the month award from Dick Advocaat March 2000. Second season. Good nick as well. It’s lying about in a room somewhere. Never wanted to keep it but it’s somewhere lying about!

044.jpg

Best and worst together.

The paper-weight is one of two hundred and was bought at the old Rangers shop on Copland Road in the 80's.

The Shareholder commemorative certificate signed by Murray is now worthless and a sad reminder of the darkest episode in Rangers history.

Not mine but my granda still has a his ticket from the 1957 League Cup Final :(. No need to mention the score I am sure we are all aware of it. he refuses to get rid of it. Why he wants to keep a hold of I will never know.

Not got much but I'd say between an old half pint tankard from 60s with autographs on it or my Centenary scarf from 1973.

Best: signed photo of me with Jock Wallace at a preseason tournament in Belgium. Jock is horsing down a Frankfurter sausage at the time so he does not look his best.

Worst: signed photo of me with Sandy Clark at same tournament. This was just before Sandy became a whipping boy for the Gers support on account of being fairly crap.

Best - memory of my first champions league game Rangers vs Parma 1998 2-0

Worst - not mine but my mate has a John Harston signed Rangers stop.

Best:
Strip from Walter’s last season, signed by Walter.
UEFA Cup final strip (without the UEFA cup final wording) signed by Nacho
Helicopter Sunday strip (not worn by the player to be clear) signed by Barry Ferguson.
League two strip (72 style) signed by Jig
Mr Souness, Arthur Numan and Andy Goram books signed by them.
Various photos with players
Programmes signed by (random selection I know) Terry Hurlock, Stuart Munro, Velicka
Walk with Walter letter signed by Ally McCoist
Programme from my first Rangers match.
Programme from Ajax Super Cup tie.

Worst:
Pic with Naismith. Lol.

Strangest:
Logic puzzles book signed by Caniggia (was pre camera on my phone and it was all I had on me to sign!)

Remember the bond holders dinner(s) that used to be held in a marquee on the pitch?

I have a menu/table programme of the evening signed by the club attendees - Ian Ferguson, Gordon Smith, Sandy Jardine, Douglas Odam (Finance chief). Mark Hateley & Donald Finlay also there but can’t recall if I got their signatures.

Am waiting to donate it to the ever hoped for club museum...!

Good post Cooperblue!

Most Treasured: I have quite a few fully signed tops - and looking out for more if anyone is selling! I am trying to build a 'blue room' and I think the signed shirts look superb.

Most pointless: For some reason I can't bring myself to part with the wee Champions flags that were handed out at the stadium! I have quite a few and feel a bit silly having kept them!
I’ve got a framed 2003 treble winning home shirt signed by R de Boer I’m selling mate. @CooperBlue

I’ve got a framed 2003 treble winning home shirt signed by R de Boer I’m selling mate. @CooperBlue

Cheers mate - sounds like a cracker, but I am collecting full team signatures. I used to collect fully signed footballs, but they are so difficult to display that I moved on to the shirts! There is something about a collection of signatures together on a shirt (or ball!) that carries the emotion of the time more strongly for me! Good luck selling your shirt, and I will mention it to some friends and see if anyone I know would be interested :)

The only decent bit of memorabilia is a signed programme from the day we beat Hibs at Ibrox to win the league in 1995. There was a player of the year dance that night in the Edmiston club and I took my match programme along to get some signatures, was over the moon to meet Walter and Archie, also met McCoist and Fergie and a few others.

BEST: Scott Nisbet’s league winners medal from 92-93 season.
UEFA cup final program signed by Walter Smith.
Ball signed by 9IAR team.

WORST: signed top from 2012, wanted one when the players took a paycut to help us out but the likes of Naismith and Whittaker’s signatures ruined it, now it’s just a memory of what happened.

A Rangers rattle at least 80 years old. Has 8-1 written on it. I used to take it to the games as a youth until it was eventually banned from football grounds. Most of the fans around me often gave me grief for it because of the racket literally. 'Gonny gie that a by son' was about the politiest that came my way :))

My Granda has a bottles of Rangers whisky from the earlier 90's! I'll need to take a photie and try to get it uploaded on here.

ECWC Final 73 Matchworn Jersey Alfie Conn
ELF Final 08 Matchworn Jersey Hemdani
SCF 92/93 Ian Ferguson Matchworn
SCF 77/78 Tam Forsyth Matchworn
SLCF 92/93 Ian Ferguson Matchworn
1951 Matchworn Scotland Jersey Sammy Cox
1997 Matchworn jersey Brian Laudrup
1970 Matchworn Red away Jersey Colin Stein
Matchworn Jersey Richard Gough
Graeme Souness Scotland Cap
Sammy Cox Scotland Cap 1956
Collection of Porcelain Plates
Approximately 200 Rangers Books
Rangers Rug from 1967
Rangers Tea Towels 1969 and 1973
Loads of other Memorabilia
All of which will be displayed within the next few months in The Louden
Loads of other things

Last edited:
I have a painted and varnished stone with Hagar the Horrible in a Rangers scarf on it, an ex gave me it in the late 80s, not sure if it's my best or worst but it's been through every move since with me!

Got a number of match worn shirts. Also a photo of my dad and I with the trophies after the 99 treble but not sure where that's gone, and ticket stubs & programmes from euro away trips.

Last edited:
Probably one of the desk sets that I sell. :))

I recently got a guided tour of the Louden's memorabilia from @Robert Marshall and it was fantastic. He's got some wonderful stuff as he details above.

ECWC Final 73 Matchworn Jersey Alfie Conn
ELF Final 08 Matchworn Jersey Hemdani
SCF 93 Ian Ferguson Matchworn
SCF 78 Tam Forsyth Matchworn
SLCF 93 Ian Ferguson Matchworn
1951 Matchworn Scotland Jersey Sammy Cox
1997 Matchworn jersey Brian Laudrup
1970 Matchworn Red away Jersey Colin Stein
Matchworn Jersey Richard Gough
Graeme Souness Scotland Cap
Sammy Cox Scotland Cap 1956
Collection of Porcelain Plates
Approximately 200 Rangers Books
Rangers Rug from 1967
Rangers Tea Towels 1969 and 1973
Loads of other Memorabilia
All of which will be displayed within the next few months in The Louden
Loads of other things
A superb collection sir. One thing, I seem to recall hannah of united wearing Fergies top collecting his winners medal in the Scottish cup in 93 though do not doubt you have it.

Anyone remember the red and blue alarm clock, that opened up to a football pitch with miniature players that played a song?

I had a big mirror when I was younger, Had all our honours engraved into it, Wish I still had it. Someone gave my auntie it, When she worked in the star & garter in maryhill.

Back