Your best and worst Rangers memorabilia

77-DF63-F3-047-C-4-DD0-9374-7-F31659-EC023.jpg

Hi Robert, do you have any more details on these rugs beyond the label on the reverse?
They were produced in 1967. Both Us and Celtic were in European Finals and the idea was that the middle of the rug would feature the trophy that the individual teams would win. Unfortunately, as history has dictated we were defeated and Ibrox was inserted to replace the image of the ECWC.

Best - signed strip from Helicopter Sunday era team

Most bizarre (can't being myself to say worst) Rangers playing cards and Rangers team bus model

I have a few special tickets that I retained, my very first game at Ibrox, its in a frame on the man cave wall, I have my Helicopter Sunday ticket, first Cup Final ticket, etc.

I have the 98/99 red away shirt signed by a host of players including Van Bronckhorst, Amo, Ferguson, Reyna, Advocaat, Kanchelskis.

I have the 2001 away shirt with 11 Albertz on the back and signed by the big man himself.

The 140 year commemorative home jersey signed by the Goalie.

A framed painting of Ally McCoist, signed by the man himself.

My dad gave me an old tea towel from the 1960's which is in great condition

I have a couple of letters from people at the club, including a hand written one from Claudio Reyna, and one from David Murray (shudder) on the beautiful thick paper with the gold emboss on it.

Got a few more bits and bobs and will try get some pictures uploaded.

Also, another of my favourites is the Laudrup: The Joy of Football VHS. If you pre-ordered it from the advert in the Rangers News, you got a signed copy.

Two pieces for me.

One is a programme which Davie Cooper autographed for me on his way into Ibrox a couple of hours before helping the team to beat Motherwell 2-0 to win the league on our 1978 treble venture ( I don’t have an uploaded image yet but I will). “ There you go wee man” as he signed it.

And the second is a William Struth autographed Eleven Great Years. I have more valuable items but these are my favorite two items.
Eleven Great Years Book by Rangers-Programmes, on Flickr
I have an " Eleven Great Years" Book also signed by Wm Struth, it states "To John Young with Wm Struth s Complements, dated 21 /1 45".

TR the writing is is exactly the same as yours have you ever got the signature authenticated?

I remember reading that his long serving Secretary sometimes signed books for Struth!!!

I have an " Eleven Great Years" Book also signed by Wm Struth, it states "To John Young with Wm Struth s Complements, dated 21 /1 45".

TR the writing is is exactly the same as yours have you ever got the signature authenticated?

I remember reading that his long serving Secretary sometimes signed books for Struth!!!
Hi.

No I haven’t and that’s interesting to hear. I checked it against a few other signed articles I found online but I suppose she could have being doing the bulk of the signing and I might have been comparing her signature for him all along to other versions of her signature. Here’s a link to an image of team autographs from 1946 and his signature on that looks very close to the autograph in the book.

Hi.

No I haven’t and that’s interesting to hear. I checked it against a few other signed articles I found online but I suppose she could have being doing the bulk of the signing and I might have been comparing her signature for him all along to other versions of her signature. Here’s a link to an image of team autographs from 1946 and his signature on that looks very close to the autograph in the book.

Thanks TR, All the best Keep Safe

Best - I got the 2007-08 top signed by the team, framed, for my 18th birthday.

Worst - the 2006-07 home shirt with Sionko 14 on the back. Thought he was going to be a world-beater.

Best - a framed Brian Laudrup signed 94-96 home top. Sits in between Ronaldo & Messi signed tops

other best - hand signed cup winners cup final poster by all of the winning team. Was won at auction by Paul McBride of all people. He was a close friend of my mother and he gifted it to me. It is poster 002 and I believe (May well be wrong here) that 001 is in the trophy room.

I've seen a Jim Baxter clock with his coupon as the clock face, sadly it was a bloated face from his later poor health years. Sad and utterly mesmerising in equal measures

Does anyone have silk handkerchiefs?
If I knew how to supply photos, it would probably help.
The small one must have been produced in 1961. It has printed on it League Champions 1960/61 and Scottish League Cup 1960-61. Just noticed that the main crest with Aye Ready under it has League Champions 1958-59.
I have a much larger one that is embroidered. It is dated 1690 and has a man on a big white horse with King William lll, underneath.
I am sure that I have others. Will need to rake around my drawers :) .
Obviously forgot to state that they are Royal Blue silk.

I am fortunate to have quite a few bits of Memorabilia.
I have Alfie Conn's match-worn Jersey from ECWC Final in 72.
I also own the replica ECWC Trophy that is on display in Trophy Room at Ibrox

That is superb.

How did you come to own that, out of interest?

That is superb.

How did you come to own that, out of interest?
Alfie worked with me and I bought it off him about 24 years ago
I was embarrassed about the size of the CWC trophy in The Trophy room so I hunted about and eventually got one made in Malta. Sandy asked if I would loan it to the Club
I have a few Jerseys up in The Louden, all match worn.
In no particular order
Alfie Conn 1972 Final ECWC
Ian Ferguson
92/93 SCF 92/93 LCF 90/91
Tom Forsyth 1977/78 SCF
Hamdani from Manchester 08
A few others like Sammy Cox Scotland top from 1951
Colin Stein Red Away top from 1970
match wore Jersey's from Andy Goram, Ian Ferguson, Brian Laudrup (2), Ally McCoist, and Richard Gough
I also have 3 Scotland Caps
Graeme Souness, which he kindly donated
Sammy Cox
Alfie Conn
61 Rangers Handbooks ( Wee Blue Book ) from 1927 until the 80's

Alfie worked with me and I bought it off him about 24 years ago
I was embarrassed about the size of the CWC trophy in The Trophy room so I hunted about and eventually got one made in Malta. Sandy asked if I would loan it to the Club
I have a few Jerseys up in The Louden, all match worn.
In no particular order
Alfie Conn 1972 Final ECWC
Ian Ferguson
92/93 SCF 92/93 LCF 90/91
Tom Forsyth 1977/78 SCF
Hamdani from Manchester 08
A few others like Sammy Cox Scotland top from 1951
Colin Stein Red Away top from 1970
match wore Jersey's from Andy Goram, Ian Ferguson, Brian Laudrup (2), Ally McCoist, and Richard Gough
I also have 3 Scotland Caps
Graeme Souness, which he kindly donated
Sammy Cox
Alfie Conn
61 Rangers Handbooks ( Wee Blue Book ) from 1927 until the 80's

The CWC is brilliant.

I’d love to see their faces if you ever ask for it back. Going to leave a bit of a hole.

I started a thread on an archive of Jim Baxter stuff i won at auction but cant find it on here. Was going to add some of the personal telegrams etc he was sent playing for Rangers and Scotland.

A London Underground ticket to seven sisters for the Spurs away friendly in 86.
Boom!
Beat that.

I’ve a few signed tops, Barry signed one which as one of my favourite ever players is a treasured item.
Probably my 92/94 home shirt and the lilac shirt are my prized items.

I’m not really a collector and so my best ‘items’ are all memories. My worst item(s) were a set of photos (sadly lost now but possibly a couple kicking about somewhere in my Mum’s house)
Myself and a friend went down to Ibrox - possibly the day after we had won our first league in nine years in Souness’s first season. It was my first experience of us being champions. Anyway we had one of those tiny Kodak throw away cameras that were out at the time. The entire camera was kind of a spool With a wee flip up plastic viewer. I got my picture taken with just about everyone: Super, Butcher, Durrant, Woods, the lot. I remember that Ally had on a pink shirt and Durrants was a vertical blue striped one. I remember that so clearly because when we got them developed my pal had managed to cut the head off of every single player - courtesy of the crap wee camera to be fair! So a whole set of a 15 year old me with Rangers players torsos wearing a variety of eighties Style shirts.

I’ve got a crispy fiver with Gazza’s signature on it and a signed photo of John Greig, don’t really have anything ‘bad’ ,maybe some really old scarfs lying about that should have been binned years ago.

On another note I’ve got an away ticket collection that would choke a horse, I do have a great regret that I discarded my ticket for the 4-4 game at Ibrox in the 80’s, still to this day I don’t know what I was thinking when I binned it, still annoys me 30-odd years later.

I have two Rangers paintings from the 1933-34 season.

One is the names of all the players and the other is Rangers player sweeping all the other teams on the pitch.

I got this framed photo for my dad to celebrate 50 league titles, he has been gone a fair few years now but I proudly hang the picture in the study, worst was a blue Rangers rubber duck, awful, truly awful thing.

I have a 36th Ulster division battle of the Somme flag signed by John greig, Jim Baxter and the team that won the league at the theatre of screams. I also bought a xxxl home shirt and got that signed also. Used to get into hospitality around that time. Derek McInnes was the only player who noticed it was a uvf flag and I thought I was rumbled but he just said "f**k it, geez it here"

True story

I have a match worn Chris Burke top, which was gifted to me by my nephew. The worst is the 2008 Uefa final programme, even tho I had a great day up until the game. ( I met John Grieg before they went to the match.) The result was a gutter.

Back