• As is but newer, cleaner, brighter

Votes: 43 8.0%
  • As above but with terracing added

Votes: 59 11.0%
  • As above but also expanded capacity if possible

Votes: 185 34.5%
  • Rebuild while leaving Main Stand as it is

Votes: 228 42.5%
  • Rebuild elsewhere and leave Main Stand as museum, library, cafe, bar and cultural centre

Votes: 22 4.1%

• Total voters

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
....if we decided to redevelop for the 150th anniversary.

Let's assume we had the cash, how far would you go?

Poll to follow.

1. As above but with terracing added

2. As above but also expanded capacity if possible
Either one of those options i would be happy with, along with renovations to restore it to it's former glory.

Knock down the three 70's stands and rebuild trying to ensure no gaps.

I live for the day when we get rid of these f.ucking screens and fill in the corners properly.

Standing sections and both ends would be a must - and maybe one big kop type tier like what Spurs are getting.

Capacity of at least 60k

It’s a real difficult one. Preference would obviously be to stay at a Ibrox with that iconic Main Stand - certainly in the short term to our 150th anniversary.

However, Ibrox is getting old and already needs a lot of work. The Main Stand will not last forever and will, at some point, be something we can no longer adequately maintain. Don’t get me wrong, it is hopefully a long way off - but it will come.

It would be nice to get a new state-of-the-art stadium - ideally just across the road from Ibrox (as impossible as that seems at present) and retain most, if not all, of the Main Stand facade as an entrance to a Rangers Heritage Centre and other facilities. That, if it’s ever possible at all, is for decades into the future though. For now, a significant spruce-up, better disabled facilities and a decent-sized safe-standing area.

Another option might be to gut Main Stand apart from facade and the staircase etc...make that entrance but rebuild bowl type stadium behind....have the world's greatest entrance and porch!

Increased capacity would also mean lots of flexibility with pricing and a great chance to attract new fans, or people who can't go often.

Keep the main stand and try freshen it up somehow touch all the windows up treat all the brickwork etc.

Bulldoze the rest and rebuild

It’s a very emotional one for me as the main stand is something that should be preserved at all costs.

I’m also very reluctant to knock down the 3 other stands as I feel these are very much a memorial to the 66.

It would be interesting to hear if anyone knows what the original expected lifespan of the 3 other stands was when they were built?

where is the Megabrox option?
dopf4fB.png

I’ve gone with the middle option. Close thw gaps betwen main stand and coplabd/broomie. Maybe 3rd tier on the sandy jardine.

The main stand kept but gutted internally to provide a modern football experience for players and fans. To be clear, the internal work would be the footballing and stadium side of things. Stairwells and offices of historic value would need to kept as is.

Flatten the rest and start again. Two three tier stand with safe standing on the bottom two tiers with massive 'Kop ends'.

Any young supporter who needs convincing of the stature Rangers once enjoyed in world football need only look at our main Stand ..the most photographed and iconic building in Scotland ...at one time we were up there with Real Madrid , Barcelona , The Milans etc ...anyway to the original question ..id polish it up and keep it much as it is with some safe standing .
San Giro for example is a big half empty heffer ..i think overall we have capacity about right .

If money wasn't an issue I'd also ensure, with a 3 stand rebuild, that the concourses were top drawer and something similar to what Spurs are getting. Ours really are poor in every way.

We can but dream !

As most I would leave the main stand and increase the capacity and a general brighten up for the place. Would be good to rebuild the three 70's stands if we had the cash.

As we are just now I think we could do the following:

-brighten the place up, some more new lights, paint, panels on the sides of the broomie and copland.
-new seats as a lot of them just now are a bit faded
- new bigger modern screens to replace the existing

& if we could raise the funding would like to see the Govan Rear extended at the back by about 15 rows which could give us roughly 4500 extra seats. (based on 900 seats per three rows like bar 72) I feel it could be easier than filling in the corners but would mean some work being done to the roof.

Increasing capacity is all fine and well but without extra and vastly improved transport links then it's pointless. The road system around Ibrox is an absolute clusterfuck. Times that by a million on a match day.
For that reason alone, reluctantly, It would be far more viable to move.
I want to see the club maximise it's future potential with fans zones and other commercial opportunities, sadly I don't see how they can be realised where we are.
I really do get what the stadium represents though. But lets be honest, in its current form, it isnt inclusive to all of our support. Disabled facilities are a disgrace. Facilities for the general fan aren't much better. I'm sure plenty won't agree but going to other stadiums around Europe,certainly opens your eyes.

In an ideal world, knock down the other 3 stands.

Introduce safe standing in all the lower tiers. Create a bowl, with dedicated away pen.

Proper state of the art interior.

Upper sections seated, with great boxes and comfy padded seats.

Rover tickets.

Proper club shop and ticket office.

Regeneration of the surrounding area. Walk way, fan zone etc.

One can dream.

Last edited:
In the bottom image just look how much better it looks with the screens gone and the corners filled in properly.

I hate having these blasted screens taking up valuable seating space.

IMG_2250.PNG.3a9fe022444ae8f425c3a89445b9c7c8.PNG
Does look class but I think it will be difficult to support the other roofs if you remove the screens. There is a shit load of support steel work behind the screens holding the roofs up so would be rather costly and difficult. Might actually be easier to redo the roofs on all three stands if we are going to fill the corners.

I wonder how much that would cost Stirling? Remove roofs, remove screens, put in seats and then put in new roof that 'holds up' the stands and offers the security in the corners that current foundations don't.

I chose the 3rd option, as it is with expansion if possible.

If money is no object, then state of the art facilities for our disabled fans are long, long overdue.

I would give those guys and girls absolute priority, it's more than deserved after years of neglect.

In the bottom image just look how much better it looks with the screens gone and the corners filled in properly.

I hate having these blasted screens taking up valuable seating space.

IMG_2250.PNG.3a9fe022444ae8f425c3a89445b9c7c8.PNG

This for me copy Dortmund’s stadium. They filled their corners in think it was 2004. Definitely doable. Would also extend the fronts of the Copland and broomloan. Remove the horrible yellow cladding Inside the stadium on the ends of the broomloan and Copland.

I love Ibrox, the three stands and solid and will last forever I hate the soulless new build stadiums. Our main stand is a thing of beauty and totally unique in world football.

Keep the Main Stand; leave the three lower tiers of the other stands, and rebuilding the three upper tiers, particularly the exterior, and making them bigger. We'd have to be careful though- Ibrox is one if the best stadiums in the world, certainly for atmosphere, and also for the layout etc; changing it would have to be done with as much care as was done a few decades ago.

I wonder how much that would cost Stirling? Remove roofs, remove screens, put in seats and then put in new roof that 'holds up' the stands and offers the security in the corners that current foundations don't.

ooft who knows mate. I reckon though if you want to extend the corners to s a second tier to match the existing you would need to take down the roof anyway.

I'm sure we could easily add rows to the back of the three stands or maybe even just the govan. You could potentially do a lot of the works for extra foundations at the back of the stands first and still allowing access and finish the roof an tie in during the summer when the season is over.

Fill in the corners and make a safe standing section, that would increase capacity enough. I'd also consider housing away fans in a section of the enclosure so they are generally not visible on TV.

Increasing capacity is all fine and well but without extra and vastly improved transport links then it's pointless. The road system around Ibrox is an absolute clusterfuck. Times that by a million on a match day.
For that reason alone, reluctantly, It would be far more viable to move.
I want to see the club maximise it's future potential with fans zones and other commercial opportunities, sadly I don't see how they can be realised where we are.
I really do get what the stadium represents though. But lets be honest, in its current form, it isnt inclusive to all of our support. Disabled facilities are a disgrace. Facilities for the general fan aren't much better. I'm sure plenty won't agree but going to other stadiums around Europe,certainly opens your eyes.

We literally couldn't get closer to the M8 / M77 / M74. Various Subway stops within walking distance. the only thing that could be added to existing infrastructure is the old Ibrox train station.

Shouldn't be any problem at all with adding c10k to our capacity with current transport links.

Safe standing installed.

Screens removed - seats added.

Main stand given a good clean.. bricks, pillars etc.

The face of the Broomloan, Govan & Copland stands all changed from brick & plastic to a modern glass look similar to Leicesters stadium. (lights up blue at night etc)

The length of the stadium on Edmiston drive turned into a fans walkway only, with statues of our founders looking across onto the main stand.

The main stand is one of the most iconic buildings in football. It has to stay as it is. Still get a buzz every time I walk in to it, and I’ll do my best to keep my ST there for as long as I possibly can.

The rest of the stadium needs rebuilt around it, hopefully with a capacity increase, and improvements to the immediate surrounding area.

Also, remember, we'e not being harsh, some of the stadium is 40 years old and it is obviously looking tired. Board have so many things to attend to but eventually this will become pressing.

Keep the main stand, rebuild the rest with bigger capacity, terracing area, more bar 72s, corners filled in. Why not 65-70k it will be full for the big games with the right ticket pricing.

I'd remove the screens and fill in the corners to expand capacity to 60k (if possible). Both Copland and Broomloan fronts converted into the safe standing zones - could even do this with the enclosures. Away fans would remain in the Broomloan/Govan corner, with some form of screen or netting separating them from the home fans.
Outside of the ground it would be good to have fan zone areas.

We modelled Ibrox on the Westfalenstadion and if we did it again with our own
"blaue weiße Walle" it'd suit me fine.

Get rid of the screens and add seats then try and implement some retractable screens from two of the stands roofs

We literally couldn't get closer to the M8 / M77 / M74. Various Subway stops within walking distance. the only thing that could be added to existing infrastructure is the old Ibrox train station.

Shouldn't be any problem at all with adding c10k to our capacity with current transport links.
It's getting to the M8 / M77 / M74 though.

We are on PRW for a good 40mins these days.

The 3 subway stations in walking distance are absolutely mobbed.

It's much worse now than its ever been.

Keep the Main Stand.

Change the Copland and Broomloan to single tier Kop style stands with safe standing.

Renovate The Govan so it blend in with the two new stands.
This is the ideal scenario, could this be done without completely knocking anything down?

It's getting to the M8 / M77 / M74 though.

We are on PRW for a good 40mins these days.

The 3 subway stations in walking distance are absolutely mobbed.

It's much worse now than its ever been.

Far less people travel on an RSC bus, for a variety of reasons....the culture has changed. More go with families, or are wanted 'back home' straight after the game.

Would be weird not having the 70's stands.

I'll take the Megabrox please, with all corners filled. Proper fortress.

Back