• As is but newer, cleaner, brighter

Votes: 43 8.0%
  • As above but with terracing added

Votes: 59 11.0%
  • As above but also expanded capacity if possible

Votes: 185 34.5%
  • Rebuild while leaving Main Stand as it is

Votes: 228 42.5%
  • Rebuild elsewhere and leave Main Stand as museum, library, cafe, bar and cultural centre

Votes: 22 4.1%

• Total voters
We literally couldn't get closer to the M8 / M77 / M74. Various Subway stops within walking distance. the only thing that could be added to existing infrastructure is the old Ibrox train station.

Shouldn't be any problem at all with adding c10k to our capacity with current transport links.
The Dumbreck road is a bottle neck with no room to expand.
The subway is bursting at the seams as it is. I agree, the railway station should be operational. Why isn't it?
Parking is a nightmare for all that use a car. It's an absolute disgrace for those with disabilities.
I hate wasting over an hour to get onto the M8. The whole thing is a farce.

It would likely be cheaper to move location.

In the bottom image just look how much better it looks with the screens gone and the corners filled in properly.

I hate having these blasted screens taking up valuable seating space.

IMG_2250.PNG.3a9fe022444ae8f425c3a89445b9c7c8.PNG

With regards to the top picture, do you enjoy watching the games from Club Deck?

The reason I ask is that the top tier will be further away and higher from the pitch than the club deck which on here is slated for the view and it's access.

So there would need to be escalators or lifts which then need more space at the back of the stand to be installed. Before we know it we would be evicting Corkerhill lodge.

With regards to the top picture, do you enjoy watching the games from Club Deck?

The reason I ask is that the top tier will be further away and higher from the pitch than the club deck which on here is slated for the view and it's access.

So there would need to be escalators or lifts which then need more space at the back of the stand to be installed. Before we know it we would be evicting Corkerhill lodge.
Yes mate. The top picture is not my preference - it's the bottom one that I was focusing on.

There was a feasibility study done at one point regarding adding a third tier to the Broomloan and Copland stands, but I don't think it was cost-effective.

The original 'Blue Heaven' plan had the corners gfilled in, but it was found to be a very expensive engineering proposition due to the way the original 'goalpost' designs of the three stands. The only real way to do it is remove the roofs and goalposts and replace with Canteliver style roof

There was a feasibility study done at one point regarding adding a third tier to the Broomloan and Copland stands, but I don't think it was cost-effective.

The original 'Blue Heaven' plan had the corners gfilled in, but it was found to be a very expensive engineering proposition due to the way the original 'goalpost' designs of the three stands. The only real way to do it is remove the roofs and goalposts and replace with Canteliver style roof

Yes this is my belief also, we would then have something that resembles the cess pit across the city. I still think we could extend the back of the top tiers by a few rows at a fairly reasonable cost but it would involve doing something with the roof.

EDIT: just remembered there are boxes at the back of the govan so might not be difficult at all to extend the back of it but you would then loose the boxes and stuff like the argyle house restaurant. I could be re-worked though.

We are going to sell out of season tickets right away with a long waiting list so capacity should be extended in some way but imperative to leave main stand as it is, it's our history and one of the most dramatic and historic stadiums in world football

EDIT: just remembered there are boxes at the back of the govan so might not be difficult at all to extend the back of it but you would then loose the boxes and stuff like the argyle house restaurant. I could be re-worked though.

Don't forget that Argyle House was a later addition to the Govan stand (1990).

We made a seies of changes to Ibrox during the 90s to try and increase capacity, but changing regulations menat we didn't actually add more than about 6K seats - Club deck was balanced by the conversion of the Enclosure to seats, the aisle had to be increased post hillsborough which lost us a lot of seats, we dropped the pich twice to add more seats in the front rows, then reconfigured the whole seating arrangement 9when we went 'blue' at the same time as adding small capacity to the corners.

Is there anyone in the construction industry on here who could put an educated estimate cost on

1. Rebuilding a 60k stadium keeping the main stand. Not Lego quality like the piggery.

2. Reroofing the three stands and filling in Govan corners.

tear down the 3 stands.
replaced with modern bowl/ curve effect.
terracing for lower half of copland end.
72K capacity.

I would love us to have more stuff around the ground. A mueseum and some proper facilities would be grand. There isn’t really much to do outside of going to the game when you go to see Rangers so I would like to see that improved.

For me remove the screens , full in the corners with seating . Takes us up to around 56,000 seats which for me is perfect .

Install safe standing all along broomloan front.

Put new screens up on Copland/broomloan roofs so full stadium can see.

Improve handicapped facilities .

Finally get rid of the shameful portakabin ticket offices which shame our stadium , and have a proper ticket office where the club shop is.

Pedestrianise Edmiston drive, have nice trees, walkway and fanzone where the pitch is currently.

A museum and restaurant fit for visitors and a club of our history and values .

Memorial garden .

We have the basis of a great ground we just need to implement the above changes and it can be done without throwing silly money at it.

An area with surrounds and stadium we can all be proud of .

I wouldn't want us to move Ibrox, its location is iconic too & it would be the end for a lot of the Rangers pubs nearby.

I'd like us to fill in the corners & possibly expand the sandy jardine stand to match the club deck. Put lifts in there & the main stand

New bigger goalpost support structure for the existing Copland and Broomloan roofs and a new cantilever roof over the Sandy Jardine to allow filling of the corners and a third tier (about 5000 capacity) on the SJ. Third tier to be used for away support (a la Camp Nou) and/or cheaper tickets for games when away support doesn’t fill it. Movable Perspex screens to prevent throwing of objects. Gets away support out of view of tv cameras. Elevated walkway to take away support in and out from turnstiles on Broomloan Road. 60k without SJ tier 3, 65k with.

Later rebuild of Copland Road into single tier end housing about 15k if demand exists. Final capacity of 72.5k.

In an ideal world, knock down the other 3 stands.

Introduce safe standing in all the lower tiers. Create a bowl, with dedicated away pen.

Proper state of the art interior.

Upper sections seated, with great boxes and comfy padded seats.

Rover tickets.

Proper club shop and ticket office.

Regeneration of the surrounding area. Walk way, fan zone etc.

One can dream.

Love the away' pen' - you keep pigs in a pen ? Most appropriate on OF day

In an ideal world with no money isues attached, the three new stands would be down.

The entire area would then we seamlessly rebuilt bowl style with no restricted views,

a middle run of corporate boxes between each level of the new stands, a la Etihad in Manchester,

safe standing accomodated in the front sections either end,

a vastly improved accomodation for disabled fans with good views of the pitch, dry, and with shallow ramps to make access easy, plus plenty of disabled toileting facilities,

Vastly improved and expanded toilets, and a strict no smoking ban enforced therein (automated soap dispensers, water dispensers, hand driers)

Fan zone with roofing to allow for weather and to allow drinks to be served pre and post match in relative comfort

Huge improvement of catering

Secure outdoor area for half time smokers (I'm a sympathetic former smoker)

New rail link to the stadium environs

And lastly, 72,000 capacity, with 750 tickets allocated for the bheasts when they stink up our stadium :D

Back