Your favourite Aberdeen win

mark hateley

Official Ticketer
I enjoyed yesterdays result, always great coming away from there with 3 points especially our first game of the season.

I racked my brains as we have demolished them on a number of occasions.

I have a number of personal favourite wins against them :

Rangers 2 Aberdeen 0 - 1991

A title day decider and an emphatic win to secure 3 in a row. The sheep came to Glasgow thinking that the title was there for the taking. Thankfully we shoved it down their throat and took the title.

Rangers 3 Aberdeen 1 - 1996

The Gazza show after the scum managed to nick an early goal. Gazza was just superb that day and what a feeling taking the title whilst they watched.

Rangers 4 Aberdeen 0 - 2000

Orange cup final, Leighton gets injured early on and without a replacement on the bench Rangers punish them and show no remorse as the sheep claim we only won it because of injuring their keeper.

Rangers 1 Aberdeen 0 - 2006

Super Sebo fires 1 of his only 2 competitive goals for Rangers in the 85th minute. Just as the subway loyal were all boarding the subway.

Aberdeen 2 Rangers 4 - 2019

A red card for Alfie for an alleged stamp on McKennas womanhood. Defoe comes on does the business and the travelling support go mental for JD. Even at full time JD looks towards us and thinks "what the fuuk" after us singing his name for about 10 minutes solid. :D

Rangers 2 Aberdeen 0 - 2019

After going 2 up, rangers pass the ball between each other for about 8 minutes solid without the sheep getting anywhere near the ball. Was a thing of beauty.

What is your favourite wins against them?

1992 3-1
First half Ally had a nightmare, booked and playing badly. Second half we thumped them with the referee shiting out of sending aitken off.

I think it was durrants first goal against the sheep since that terrible challenge by simpson, anyone know?

I really enjoyed this one, a belated payback for the doing they gave us up there in the mid ‘80s.

Knowing how games against us are their raison d’etre, that had to hurt.

I've got more memorable wins v them than I do Celtic to be honest.

League cup wins in 87 and 88.

Last day in the beach end, 2 0

Title decider at Ibrox

The treble in 93, they were runners up in all 3

Gazza hatrick

2005, Helicopter Sunday season, we beat them up at Pittodrie 3-1 in the split to stay 2 points behind. The week before the tims had beaten us at Ibrox and at 5 points behind we looked dead and buried. But then day before they lost to Hibs and the hope came back a bit.

The pitch was flooded it was pissing it down. A proper battle

Barry scored a peach setup by Prso who got a double himself including a sublime back heel to put us ahead. Tremendous celebration as well.

Goal typifies wee Nacho as well, hated the sheep and was at them constantly. Great game and I genuinely thought we would win the title after it

Last edited:

Hateley and McCoist were superb that night, would also put the Skol Cup Final of 1988 in there as well, the 3-2 game at Hampden
This for me as I worked offshore at the time & it was great going up to Aberdeen & coming home without having to get on a helicopter.
Kidding aside we had the beach end that night & we hammered them, the score doesn't reflect the dominance

For personal reasons the 2-1 win at Pittodrie in December 2017, the one we were 1-0 up then Jack got sent off for passing the ball and his momentum landed on that fucking jakeball Stevie May as he came steaming in late.

Anyway, I watched it in the pub with most of my family because my younger cousin - won't say wee cousin cos he's 6ft 6 - was over visiting from Canada. He's not too clued up on football but had a passing interest in the Gers due to my auntie, who moved over there when she was 22 (and sadly passed away when the big man was only 12).

The anger at Jack's red card had still to die down so a couple of minutes later when Windass scored to make it 2-0 the place properly fucking erupted, as in drink flying everywhere and guys falling over chairs and tables etc, I turn round and there's my big mild-mannered Canadian cousin in the middle of it all, launching himself about my local screaming like a lunatic! Ended up a brilliant all-day session.

Haven't seen him since but catch up with him occasionally on whatsapp & facetime, and he still talks about it!

Personally my favourite game up there was a 5-1 win under Advocaat, someone got a hat-trick if memory serves me right.

The highlight of the day was our supporters bus getting stopped to allow the team bus across a bridge and Advocaat himself was at the front of the bus giving us both fists in celebation. One of my favourite memories as a fan.

Personally my favourite game up there was a 5-1 win under Advocaat, someone got a hat-trick if memory serves me right.

The highlight of the day was our supporters bus getting stopped to allow the team bus across a bridge and Advocaat himself was at the front of the bus giving us both fists in celebation. One of my favourite memories as a fan.
JJ I'm sure.

All of the above, plus a shout for the thunderc*nt of a shot from Ian Ferguson when the washout postponed game was rearranged for a midweek early 1993
Was next to the sheep in 2006 when Sebo scored; f*cking mental scenes :))

I’m sure there will have been better over the course of our time but for me it’s Prso 3-1 in the pissing rain or 0-2 against them at start of 2010/11 and we win 3-2.

2002 when big Amo smashed a rocket in to win 1-0.The game was delayed about half an hour due to crowd trouble and what a way to shut them up.Beat the scum to title 50 that year on our last game of the season...ah the good times.
Was the season after we won 50 mate

The best performance was the 6-1 in the league Cup in77. Absolutely smashed them and they'd beaten us 5-1 the season before.
There was a game in the early 00s, we won 4 or 5-0 with Ricksen scoring from long range near the end. Tore them apart in the second half.

I enjoyed yesterdays result, always great coming away from there with 3 points especially our first game of the season.

A title day decider and an emphatic win to secure 3 in a row. The sheep came to Glasgow thinking that the title was there for the taking. Thankfully we shoved it down their throat and took the title.

The Gazza show after the scum managed to nick an early goal. Gazza was just superb that day and what a feeling taking the title whilst they watched.

Orange cup final, Leighton gets injured early on and without a replacement on the bench Rangers punish them and show no remorse as the sheep claim we only won it because of injuring their keeper.

Super Sebo fires 1 of his only 2 competitive goals for Rangers in the 85th minute. Just as the subway loyal were all boarding the subway.

A red card for Alfie for an alleged stamp on McKennas womanhood. Defoe comes on does the business and the travelling support go mental for JD. Even at full time JD looks towards us and thinks "what the fuuk" after us singing his name for about 10 minutes solid. :D

After going 2 up, Rangers pass the ball between each other for about 8 minutes solid without the sheep getting anywhere near the ball. Was a thing of beauty.

Aberdeen 0-1 Rangers.
Craig Moore.
Me in the camera shot jumping up behind the goal in the sheep end.
Not in the camera shot, the three of us getting thrown out a minute or 2 later under fire from pies and coins.

September 25th 1982. 2-1 win at Pittodrie. Derek Johnstone and Robert Prytz got the goals.

Long enough ago that Aberdeen were still relevant, we didnt win up there very often back then, and it was the first time I'd been to Pittodrie.

8 in a row and 3 in a row. More obscurely 3-1 at home in 1999. Game before we won the league at parkhead. Just a game I really enjoyed.

Scottish Cup Semi Final 1969 at the Piggery, we demolished them 6-1.
We were brilliant.
We were in such a rich vein of form, having three nights earlier hammered Atletico Bilbao 4-1 at Ibrox in the Fairs Cities Cup (first leg), which pretty much secured our place in the FCC Semi Final.
In the League, we had taken 25 out of 26 points since the start of December, and we had closed a 6 point gap to Celtic, down to 2 points with 8 games each to play.
We had already beaten Celtic home and away in the League.
In the Scottish Cup we had disposed of Hearts, Hibs and Airdrie, all First Division teams, without conceding a goal.
Celtic needed replays to eliminate Partick Thistle and Clyde, then scraped by St Johnstone 3-2, before facing Morton in the other Semi Final at Hampden that day.
We were banging in the goals.
Colin Stein had scored 18 in 24 games since signing back in October.
Willie Johnston had also scored 18 Goals, and would add another 3 that day v Aberdeen.
Greig, Henderson, Penman, Ferguson, Jardine and Persson were all in double figures.
That 6-1 win took our tally to 24 Goals in our previous 5 games.
This was our season. The Rangers were back.
I think the entire support felt that we could win the League, win The Scottish Cup, and we were favourites to bring home the Fairs Cities Cup, with only Ujpest Doza, Goztepe, and Newcastle (currently 16th in the English Div 1) in the Semi Finals.
It was a wonderful day in the east end of Glasgow.

Unfortunately it was not to be, and again we ended up with nothing!

1978 Scottish Cup Final, gave us the treble.
1991 League decider
1993 Scottish Cup Final, gave us the treble
1977League cup game at Ibrox, 6-1win

September 25th 1982. 2-1 win at Pittodrie. Derek Johnstone and Robert Prytz got the goals.

Long enough ago that Aberdeen were still relevant, we didnt win up there very often back then, and it was the first time I'd been to Pittodrie.
This great day

After going 2 up, Rangers pass the ball between each other for about 8 minutes solid without the sheep getting anywhere near the ball. Was a thing of beauty.

Has to be the Cooper league cup final,what a game that was.

Back