Your favourite Aberdeen win

September 25th 1982. 2-1 win at Pittodrie. Derek Johnstone and Robert Prytz got the goals.

Long enough ago that Aberdeen were still relevant, we didnt win up there very often back then, and it was the first time I'd been to Pittodrie.
Yeah, first time i seen us beat them up there.

September 25th 1982. 2-1 win at Pittodrie. Derek Johnstone and Robert Prytz got the goals.

Long enough ago that Aberdeen were still relevant, we didnt win up there very often back then, and it was the first time I'd been to Pittodrie.

Are you me mate that was exactly what I was going to post

Honourable mention to bomber Jackson LC final And big DJ SC final with the gas meter swinging on the bar

Some crowd attendance that Sc final bigger imho than the crowd v hearts

I really enjoyed the 5-0 last year. Aberdeen and Cosgrove especially were unbelievably horrible.

I'd struggle to pick a favourite game as any win over Aberdeen is a good day.

Probably the Gazza game.

Favourite Away wis there = 1-5 Amato masterclass.

Favourite Home wis there = Gazza 3-1

Favourite watched on telly = Amoruso.

Favourite moment wished I'd seen = Butcher 87.

8 in a row by miles for me.

Although, don’t get to many away games but was at Pittodrie when Jelavic got that overhead kick, what a night.

Hateley and McCoist were superb that night, would also put the Skol Cup Final of 1988 in there as well, the 3-2 game at Hampden
That brings back memories, Gers fans in the main stand. Did the sheep used to give us an allocation for the main stand or was it NE bears buying them direct from the sheep?

Skol Cup final, Ian Ferguson goal was sublime, was a kid at the time and most of my schoolmates were sheep fans, still speak about it with them to this day..... God I loved the late 80s and 90s as a Ranger, that being said I feel Gerrard is building something special in Scotland, our time is now.

I enjoyed yesterdays result, always great coming away from there with 3 points especially our first game of the season.

I racked my brains as we have demolished them on a number of occasions.

I have a number of personal favourite wins against them :

Rangers 2 Aberdeen 0 - 1991

A title day decider and an emphatic win to secure 3 in a row. The sheep came to Glasgow thinking that the title was there for the taking. Thankfully we shoved it down their throat and took the title.

Rangers 3 Aberdeen 1 - 1996

The Gazza show after the scum managed to nick an early goal. Gazza was just superb that day and what a feeling taking the title whilst they watched.

Rangers 4 Aberdeen 0 - 2000

Orange cup final, Leighton gets injured early on and without a replacement on the bench Rangers punish them and show no remorse as the sheep claim we only won it because of injuring their keeper.

Rangers 1 Aberdeen 0 - 2006

Super Sebo fires 1 of his only 2 competitive goals for Rangers in the 85th minute. Just as the subway loyal were all boarding the subway.

Aberdeen 2 Rangers 4 - 2019

A red card for Alfie for an alleged stamp on McKennas womanhood. Defoe comes on does the business and the travelling support go mental for JD. Even at full time JD looks towards us and thinks "what the fuuk" after us singing his name for about 10 minutes solid. :D

Rangers 2 Aberdeen 0 - 2019

After going 2 up, Rangers pass the ball between each other for about 8 minutes solid without the sheep getting anywhere near the ball. Was a thing of beauty.

What is your favourite wins against them?
The one we were 2 down and won 3-2 in 2010 is up there

Memory serves me correct, I think it was a minutes silence at Ibrox for Geordie Young (could be wrong). The Sheep Scum did not respect it with shouting and chanting, we gave them a lesson in class football, think it was 3 - 4 nil. They (SHEEP) really are Sub Human Support!

Has to be the title decider in 91, however in season 92-93 had a memorable 1-0 win up there. We were battered for spells, goalie played a blinder, and Hateley grabbed the winner with an excellent header. The league if I recall was tight (or as tight as it got in those days!), and they were in great freescoring form, scudding someone 7-0 (Partick or Airdrie I think) just before we played them.

Man Utd's win at St James park a few years later - also the Feb I think - reminded me of it, when Cantona grabbed the winner in a 1-0 smash n grab. You just knew that was the league won at that point.

87 league game, to won the league, what's the best game ever, not a victory, but just as important.

A midweek win with a jelavic overhead kick in the title run in with a patched up team.

beating them 2-0 in league cup under big eck which probably saved his job at the time. Fernando ricksen free kick.

but Gazza for 8iar

2005, Helicopter Sunday season, we beat them up at Pittodrie 3-1 in the split to stay 2 points behind. The week before the tims had beaten us at Ibrox and at 5 points behind we looked dead and buried. But then day before they lost to Hibs and the hope came back a bit.

The pitch was flooded it was pissing it down. A proper battle

Barry scored a peach setup by Prso who got a double himself including a sublime back heel to put us ahead. Tremendous celebration as well.

Goal typifies wee Nacho as well, hated the sheep and was at them constantly. Great game and I genuinely thought we would win the title after it

[/QUOTE

We were right at that but with no roof, the full game it was pissing down. Some trip back on the bus that day

What is significant about this rare sheep win that makes it more memorable than Rangers wins?
Was watching it in York working away from home. Not so much the result but more the two papes in our crowd's relentless moaning about it.Thread did ask about Aberdeen win...... not US against them.

Scottish Cup Semi Final 1969 at the Piggery, we demolished them 6-1.

I was at that game. Was it Andy Penman ? who ran the show.

We stuck them with another 6 in a 1970's league cup tie at Ibrox.

In the eighties I remember a Legue Cup FInal where we led twice only for them to equalise before Super got a winner in the 89th minute. That one would have been a right sickener.

I like any win against them that has their rancid support gagging up their sheep dip by F.T.

The 4-2 win last season was brilliant. When Defoe scored with pretty much the last kick of the ball, after we’d been on the back foot for the best part of 10 minutes. Pandemonium in the away end, and the home end emptied as if a bomb had gone off. Some trip and a sash bash in the McDonalds we stopped at on the way home.

Initially I thought I dont have a favourite Aberdeen victory then I remembered their Scottish Cup final victory over the mhanky mhob. The one they won on penalties when everyone, including the keepers , got to take one and good old Anton missed to hand the Sheep the cup

Then I realised I'd misunderstood the thread title
:)):)):))

A 6-1 midweek win over them in a League Cup game in 1977 was as good as I have ever seen a Rangers team play.

Aberdeen were our closest challengers that season, we absolutely demolished them.
That game rankles with me to this day as I stupidly didn't go,skint 15 year old!.
My brother was there and he told me the score and I didn't believe him of course.
I'm sure Billy McNeill who was their manager then was very complimentary about us.

Was watching it in York working away from home. Not so much the result but more the two papes in our crowd's relentless moaning about it.Thread did ask about Aberdeen win...... not US against them.

Thanks for the reply, it did seem a bit random with no context.

Looks like we have all read the thread wrong and posting Rangers wins :eek::)):))

I was at that game. Was it Andy Penman ? who ran the show.

We stuck them with another 6 in a 1970's league cup tie at Ibrox.

In the eighties I remember a Legue Cup FInal where we led twice only for them to equalise before Super got a winner in the 89th minute. That one would have been a right sickener.

I like any win against them that has their rancid support gagging up their sheep dip by F.T.

Andy Penman scored two that day, and was certainly well involved.
Willie Johnston scored a Hat Trick of brilliant goals, but the Evening Times of the day, had Willie Henderson as 'Star Man'.
Jim Forrest scored Aberdeen's goal, totally against the run of play, just before half time, to make the score 1-2, his third goal in two games against us that season.
Despite the 2-1 half time scoreline, Rangers had dominated the first half so much they could easily have scored six, but for some miracle saves by Ernie McGarr.

ByZvczlCcAEU5Wk.jpg-large.jpg

A 6-1 midweek win over them in a League Cup game in 1977 was as good as I have ever seen a Rangers team play.

Aberdeen were our closest challengers that season, we absolutely demolished them.
Was at that game and the return at Pittodrie,think we got beat 3 1.

So many to choose from - three title deciders (Butcher, Hateley and Gazza hat trick games), Cup final wins - Doddie diving header, big Bomber, the sash in the Jungle, Coopers free kick, and many more but the 6-1 League Cup tie midweek at Ibrox stands out. Perhaps due to it was so unexpected - we absolutely demolished them with Bobby Russell in particular outstanding. Pity there were no cameras there that night.

I enjoyed yesterdays result, always great coming away from there with 3 points especially our first game of the season.

I racked my brains as we have demolished them on a number of occasions.

I have a number of personal favourite wins against them :

Rangers 2 Aberdeen 0 - 1991

A title day decider and an emphatic win to secure 3 in a row. The sheep came to Glasgow thinking that the title was there for the taking. Thankfully we shoved it down their throat and took the title.

Rangers 3 Aberdeen 1 - 1996

The Gazza show after the scum managed to nick an early goal. Gazza was just superb that day and what a feeling taking the title whilst they watched.

Rangers 4 Aberdeen 0 - 2000

Orange cup final, Leighton gets injured early on and without a replacement on the bench Rangers punish them and show no remorse as the sheep claim we only won it because of injuring their keeper.

Rangers 1 Aberdeen 0 - 2006

Super Sebo fires 1 of his only 2 competitive goals for Rangers in the 85th minute. Just as the subway loyal were all boarding the subway.

Aberdeen 2 Rangers 4 - 2019

A red card for Alfie for an alleged stamp on McKennas womanhood. Defoe comes on does the business and the travelling support go mental for JD. Even at full time JD looks towards us and thinks "what the fuuk" after us singing his name for about 10 minutes solid. :D

Rangers 2 Aberdeen 0 - 2019

After going 2 up, Rangers pass the ball between each other for about 8 minutes solid without the sheep getting anywhere near the ball. Was a thing of beauty.

What is your favourite wins against them?
1991 League decider. For a number of reasons: I was in the, what was then the Family Section; in the Main Stand right beside the Broomloan with a clear view of the Sheep. These dirty Bastards could clearly see my two kids, one of them either side of me wearing their Adidas shell suits (yeah, I know) I was a marked man for their filth and had about 50 of the cnts giving me the "c'mon and even aiming filth at the kids. Boy did I give them it tight when we scored, I was going mental I think,more than probably Bayern Munich. The stress of those last few results of ours and the Buisness with Souness all came bursting out and the Sheep got it.
Our makeshift team seemed to be falling like ninepins but when the second went in I knew three in a row was ours and I was lovIng it, giving these dirty bastards the biggest GIRUYs I'd ever done in my life. Our players were warriors and although severely depleted at the whistle, the sheep never were in it. The biggest ever chant of "Sheep shagging Bastards" rang round the Stadium as the pavement dancers slunk out facing a minimum 2hour trip back to their grey shitholes.
Half the players were limping heavily and Ally Cowan came hobbling on in crutches as the Stadium erupted. There's no such thing as a poor win against them; the're all magic... but that was special!

1992 3-1
First half Ally had a nightmare, booked and playing badly. Second half we thumped them with the referee shiting out of sending aitken off.

I think it was durrants first goal against the sheep since that terrible challenge by simpson, anyone know?

Super Miko

Some fantastic games against them during the late 80s in particular; those two Skol Cup finals were the best games a young LJ had ever seen. But the correct answer to the question is, and always will be, the 1991 title decider. Utterly incredible.

Andy Penman scored two that day, and was certainly well involved.
Willie Johnston scored a Hat Trick of brilliant goals, but the Evening Times of the day, had Willie Henderson as 'Star Man'.
Jim Forrest scored Aberdeen's goal, totally against the run of play, just before half time, to make the score 1-2, his third goal in two games against us that season.
Despite the 2-1 half time scoreline, Rangers had dominated the first half so much they could easily have scored six, but for some miracle saves by Ernie McGarr.

ByZvczlCcAEU5Wk.jpg-large.jpg
Bill Mullen of Dalkeith, a very good ref.

Would be between Gazza one and the 2 nil down one, have to go 3-2 game, one of my favourite games in attendance.

I don't know why but the 2-0 win at the sheep in the CIS quarters in 04 where Ricksen scored the freekick always sticks in my mind.

SC semi at the sty with big DJ netting the winner Is also up there

Question for the older bears were we ever interested in signing Stevie Archibald From Clyde or even when he was at the sheep ?

Hateley and McCoist were superb that night, would also put the Skol Cup Final of 1988 in there as well, the 3-2 game at Hampden

I don’t remember the press being kind to Dale Gordon, and I was too young to watch much football on the tv. He looked a decent player in those highlights. Was he decent for us?

For me it was December 1974 when we won 2-1. That victory helped us win the league and stop celtic’s tiar :)

What makes it even more special for me was it took place during my (first ;) ) honeymoon :)

Arriving at Elgin station that Saturday morning, the platform was shoulder to shoulder with Rangers fans, the platform was bouncing.

Then when the train arrived from Inverness, it was packed full with Rangers fans, and my wife and I thought we’ll never get on this train, but we did, suitcase as well ( which we put in left luggage at Aberdeen)

At Pittodrie we paid cash at the turnstiles to sit in the Main Stand, and cheered along with the rest of the bears In the Main Stand and other parts of the ground, as we got a vital 2 points.

Back