Your favourite Rangers goal

BlueBritain

11 years old and was launched by my old man to what felt like a different side of the stadium. Unbelievable feeling.

Bullet header, just to show that the Prince of Denmark had everything in his locker

What's your favourite ever Gers goal and why??

So many to choose from.

If pushed I'd go for this. We were up against it from minute 6 when Robbo was sent off. Took an absolute battering from the scum and scored with what was the only real chance I remember us having, the celebrations were absolutely frenzied and he was scored by my hero growing up. A truly amazing moment. I was shattered at school the next day :)

Honourable mentions for Hateley at the shithouse 1/1/94, Barry Ferguson Scottish Cup Final and Mccoist again in a semi final (the one at Celtic Park).

Such a hard question but it would probably be between McCoist v Leeds Utd at Elland Road closely followed by Lovenkrands winner in the 2002 Scottish cup final and Gascoigne’s 2nd v Aberdeen to clinch 8IAR.

Impossible to choose one but one of my favourite goals was a Laudrup goal against the sheep at Ibrox...think it would have been 1997.
An unbelievable lob from an impossible angle.

Davie Cooper free kick against the sheep was also a thing off sheer beauty.

Hateley vs Aberdeen 91 title decider. I'll have been about 15 but my god I loved the team we had back then, Mark Walters is still one of my fave wingers to ever play for us. Hateley got both goals in the game if I remember right to win the title in the last game of the season

So many to choose from.

If pushed I'd go for this. We were up against it from minute 6 when Robbo was sent off. Took an absolute battering from the scum and scored with what was the only real chance I remember us having, the celebrations were absolutely frenzied and he was scored by my hero growing up. A truly amazing moment. I was shattered at school the next day :)

Honourable mentions for Hateley at the shithouse 1/1/94, Barry Ferguson Scottish Cup Final and Mccoist again in a semi final (the one at Celtic Park).
Came on to post this

Such a simple goal amidst all the 'netbusters' but it meant so much.

I'd been to my first Rangers game in the early 60s' However, this was my first Old Firm game. My first game at Hampden. My first Cup Final. My first time being there to see Rangers win a trophy. Our first trophy in nearly 4 years - which seemed an eternity at that time. With the goal scored by a guy less than two years older than me. It was the perfect day.

My go to on these type of threads is Bobby Russell's goal in Eindhoven when we were the first European side to win there..

It's not the best we've ever scored, nor the most important. There is just something about it though.

Hateley vs Aberdeen 91 title decider. I'll have been about 15 but my god I loved the team we had back then, Mark Walters is still one of my fave wingers to ever play for us. Hateley got both goals in the game if I remember right to win the title in the last game of the season

Mine as well mate, would love to relive that whole day, fantastic.

Changes every week the answer to this question for me but Gascoigne's goal at the Piggery when McCoist played him him and he just clips it first time by Marshall is just sheer poetry.

Hateley's equaliser against Marseilles in our first ever Champions League match was not the best goal he's ever scored but the way the crowd erupted is something I will never forget, beats any atmosphere from the modern era.

So many of my favourites already mentioned but I thought I would mention a more obscure one - Ian McCall at Ibrox v His 88/89 season past Andy Goram

Emotionally - Nachos penalty v Fiorentina. I’ve never cried at a Rangers goal, I was on my knees in tears like Ally at Parkhead!

Childhood - A goal made in England, wore my VHS out watching it and me and my pals would recreate it down the park for years.

All of them but Jonas Terns volley against them , SO sweetly struck there was no revolutions on the ball, peach !!

Back