Your feelings for Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's simple to me Celtic play with such abandon that it is too high risk against us even if we are not firing on all cylinders. They leave too much space and their defence is clearly at best a work in progress. They've also got to show as a new collective they can handle the hostility and atmosphere of what should be something unlike they've experienced.
This sets their manager a dilemma and all things considered I think he will tweak it slightly rather than change what he is known for...of course he might just stick to what they are known for but that will take big balls...as if it goes wrong and we are close to good it could go badly wrong.

The other side of things is it is reasonably unusual for teams who are playing poorly or below par to in a single game transform themselves to top form, it can happen but it is rare. This is one for me that the manager absolutely needs to know the detail of who is likely to perform on the day against players who may need a bit more time. He needs to nail this even if it throws our formation off slightly.

All in all we have the stronger more robust set up-we turn up they have more to worry about even if they are at their best. However it is a whole new thing and who knows what randomness could happen.

I am reasonably confident we can win but absolutely 100% if we don't get the application right we will have problems.

Get at them and we'll beat them, I'm sure of it.

Sit back and play the slow tempo lethargic shit we've been playing and we'll struggle.

They shoot their load in the first half of every game plus they've just had a really hard 90 minutes on Thursday.
To be fair they came back a bit on Thursday and counter attacked AZ-we need to be wary of that....

We’ll need to be better than we’ve been so far this season, especially defensively.

Despite our slow start this season by the standards that were set last year and Celtic having a decent goal scoring start domestically, regardless of opponent, I still favour us. Defensively we’ve not been at our best but Celtic look very soft and poor at the back so I’d be wanting our front 3 exposing that. Definitely fancy Roofe and Morelos against that boy Starfelt! Hoping for a good win tomorrow that hopefully kicks us into gear. 3-1 Rangers

I think they will come at us right from the start, they will score a quick goal but will run out of steam...This is what they've been doing since the start of the season , I'm going for a 2-1 win.

I fancy us strongly and if we can get an early goal then a potential leathering is on the cards
Cmon Rangers let's go

If we click, we win.

Clatter the Japanese player early on and we win.

High intensity, we win.

Last night I was angry and couldn’t see how we could raise our game from that performance to one good enough to win on Sunday.
Thinking about it more rationally today I figured out last night was an exercise in game management and energy conservation, plus we will have some important players back.
And as a precedent I’m thinking back to 1985 (I think) when we lost to Chesterfield midweek then destroyed the mentally challengeds on the Saturday.
Remember that game well. Was at both matches. Freezing cold day in the Copland front but soon warmed up jumping around a bit we we scored.

I think if we turn up we should win, but we need to start taking our chances in front of goal, they have pace up front that can hurt us if we are slack at the back, their wee Japanese only lasts around 70 mins at most and tires, am nervous though from our recent performances and we have to acknowledge the officials that will be on show, do not think a lot will go our way with decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back