Your first ever trip to Ibrox

niktbelfast

After speaking with a follow bear yesterday and reliving my first ever trip to Glasgow to see the famous,I thought It would be interesting to find out everyone else’s first memories... (no this isn’t to get my post count up for lounge access :))) It’s genuine interest. Apologies also if this isn’t really the right place for this thread, just thought could end up an interesting read

my first memory... I would have been aged about 7, we went over on the sea cat from
Belfast and it was a surprise for my brothers birthday but it was a surprise for me too as I could keep secrets so I found out when he did. As soon as we drove onto the boat! I vaguely remember I started to cry thinking we had drove on by accident and would get into trouble. My brother would have been around 12/13 and always wanted to go see a game. we stayed in Glasgow central hotel and did the tour, not having any clue we would be watching a match the next day. We were in the Broomloan Rear, and I remember my mum had packed them wee tiny cans of coke you would get in Woolworths, and we had to bin them as weren’t allowed to take them into the ground. Our seats were at the very top of the steps and I remember a man a few rows in front, big bald guy roaring his heart out. I was absolutely mesmerised. Would love to know what he’s up to now! Can still remember how in awe I was at the whole stadium, the colours and the noise, nothing I’d ever seen before. My mum always tells me how I was trying to sing along but didn’t know the words and the people next to us loved this and thought it was hilarious :D we got food in Ibrox and the sauces all had rfc on them if I remember right? my rangers top had Charlie millers name on the back. Not sure why He was my favourite at such a young age, probably didn’t have a clue lol. this would have been mid 90’s. One of my earliest memories. Still have the scarf I was given that day and the football top, also the pics from my brother and I doing the tour. Great great memories.

DUndee Utd mid 80', my uncle took me but can only really remember the noise and the sheer size of Ibrox - and the curry we got on the way home. Good times

1970 v Dunfermline in league cup aged 4. We always went to the cinema on a Saturday back then but my brother sneaked us to the game instead..

DUndee Utd mid 80', my uncle took me but can only really remember the noise and the sheer size of Ibrox - and the curry we got on the way home. Good times
Same with myself, couldn’t remember much of the match but can remember the noise and just never seeing or hearing anything like it. Loved it

Scott Nisbet's testimonial. I was 11 and my brother was 7.

Remember he stood up for the first goal and didn't know the seats flipped up. Went to sit back down and decked it.

Thought so mate.

My auld man had a carry out and we were in with Hibs fans

I’ve seen footage of us playing Hibs away and you can see Rangers fans behind the goals in the Hibs end. In fact there was an official mixed section at one of the League Cup finals we played against Aberdeen in the 90’s. It’s unthinkable now.

St mirren in about 1990. Won 5 nil i think. Mark walters scored 2. Still remember walking out the concourse and seeing the pitch for 1st time. Won the tickets from panini stickers.

I’ve seen footage of us playing Hibs away and you can see Rangers fans behind the goals in the Hibs end. In fact there was an official mixed section at one of the League Cup finals we played against Aberdeen in the 90’s. It’s unthinkable now.

Utterly !!

My first trip to Ibrox was not a Rangers game, although McCoist did score twice. Scotland vs. Malta in 1993.

Grew-up in England, so didn't actually get to a Rangers game at Ibrox until coming-up to university in 2001.

First one I remember was in 1991, we lost 2-1 at Ibrox to Dundee United, I was in the West enclosure and when Super equalised for us I remember being crushed up against the fences which were still up at the time, my dad had to pull me back.

Rangers vs Dunfermline April 1997.

4-0 with Albertz, Petric, Laudrup and Hateley on the scoresheet. Still remember the Laudrup goal as clear as day.

Early 60’s but beyond that I have no recollection. I’m sure I’ll be able to come back on in about 10 years time with a clear and vivid memory of the day!!

Cant remember year but was clydebank with my dad remember wanting to leave as it was to cold must have been about 8

Around 1970 v Hibs

In the away end .

Someone confirm did fans easily mix back then ( apart from them) or am i imagining things
I remember a cup game at Hampden against Hibs around 1971. We were in the main stand, we were mixed in with Hibs fans. There was zero trouble, in fact I recall it being very good natured.

My cousin was a Scotland u21 internationalist

Scotland v England U21s at Ibrox

My cousing was being coveted by Rangers at the time and we were met at the front door by Archie Knox who gave us a personal tour of Ibrox.

Met Walter Smith too

Unfortunately my cousin was tied up on a long term contract at Dundee Utd and it never came to anything

Great night though for a wee boy!

I'm a lot older than most of you - so my first game at Ibrox was against East Fife in 1956 in the League Cup. I was 7 years old and my auntie took me as my dad wasn't interested in football. I will always owe her a huge debt of gratitude.

Dundee Scottish Cup game 73 or 74. Was with DJ's brother and the big man came out took us through the main door down the tunnel and into the copland road. We were then warned by him to behave ourselves haha

Beat hearts either 2-1 or 2-0. 1990. Trevor Steven scored and possibly Walters got the other one. Strangely enough on the exact same date 19 years later my son was born.

26th August 1995.

1-0 victory over Kilmarnock on the opening game of the season.

Stuart McCall the scorer :)
A day after my birthday.:)
Scott Nisbet's testimonial. I was 11 and my brother was 7.

Remember he stood up for the first goal and didn't know the seats flipped up. Went to sit back down and decked it.
:))I’ve genuinely nearly done that a few years ago after a few drinks in the wee rangers before the match

A day after my birthday.

:))I’ve genuinely nearly done that a few years ago after a few drinks in the wee rangers before the match

Don’t remember too much from the game itself apart from the goal, and the feeling of walking out in the Broomloan Rear and seeing the stadium for the first time.

Some feeling experiencing that as a 9 year old.

Oct 1981. My Dad kept his promise to me to take me to Ibrox before we moved to England. It was my 3rd Rangers game but my first home game.

I was 8 years old.

We drew 1-1 with Morton. Bobby Russell scored and I think Gregor Stevens scored an own goal.

Literally moved south a week later.

Killie at home, think we were beat 3-0 from memory. Was staying with my dad at a friends in Stirling and we drove down from there. Can't remember much else other than that as i was only a kid lol

I still get the same buzz seeing Ibrox today as i did then plus I get an even bigger buzz taking my twin boys now seeing how obsessed they have become with Rangers at the age of 6.

Rangers 2 v St Mirren 1. 24 September 1988.

Cooper (pen) and Walters were the goalscorers.

My first (and favourite ever) Top.

1_Mark-Walters-Rangers-football-player.jpg

Back