Your first game at Ibrox, against who and score?

96 season Rangers 0 v 1 Ajax

Group game in the Champs League think we were already out tbf guy called Scholten scored

Always remember Kluivert giving the finger to Copland End

Me,
22 September 1984Greenock MortonH2–016,995McCoist, Fraser
I remember my Aunt who was looking after me that day protesting that I didn't go :D
I can't recollect anything about the game other than we won, I was in the West Enclosure.
Still a wean, what about you?
1976 at Tyne Castle we won 3_1i was 14 years old at time

Rangers 1-2 Newcastle
Ally McCoist testimonial, preseason 1993

All I really remember is Hateley scored for us and a big noisy Newcastle support. Think they'd just been promoted to the Premier League the season before.

Can’t remember a great deal about it, singing Rangers to hey Jude, was in the East enclosure cold and damp, the only game my dad ever took me and my brother to.

Friday 25th November 1994

I sat in the East Enclosure

Rangers v Aberdeen

We one 1-0 with McCoist scoring and when I walked into the stadium, it was a like dream seeing the park under the lights.

About August 1959, went with a pal we were 12 years old, walked from Scotstoun over the Whiteinch Ferry up to Ibrox got lifted over to watch Rangers v Motherwell beaten 1 - 2, at that time M'Well had a good team.

A Scottish cup tie against Partick Thistle 1963 or 64 , 3-0 , I think Davie Wilson got two & Jim Forrest the other.
My dad (Thistle supporter ) & my uncle & cousins ( bluenose,s ) took me & we went on the train, the station was at the back of the Govan stand, I wish they would bring it back

August 1966 league cup v Hibs .1-0 Rangers George McLean I think scored. Oh and I cycled to the match. 200 miles from my front door to Ibrox got as far as Perth train for the last 60 miles or so as we hadn’t a clue how to get their and we thought our bikes would get nicked in Glasgow lol. True story.

[QUOTE="Mr. T., post: 6197201, member:

Did we have summer football
[QUOTE="Mr. T., post: 6197201,

Did we have summer football back then?
[/QUOTE]
It is a strange date and I'm not sure it is correct I just copied it from history of previous meetings The scorers were jim Forrest 2 and George McLean 2. I cant really find too much about the game elsewhere, but definitely my first ever game at Ibrox. My next one was the following season Rangers v Kilmarnock 4-1. Greig, Willouby, Willie johnston 2. I have kept a book with every game I have ever attended with score and scorers but dont have the exact dates they were played on. My first ever Rangers match was Falkirk 1 Rangers 7. Davy Wilson scored 6. that was in 61/62 season. I was 7 years old :D ps been to 107 old firm games and my last one was skol league cup tie in 04/05 season 2-1 aet. Prso and Aveladze .

Last edited:
Rangers V Ajax, Jan 73, Super Cup First leg

Rangers Scotland1–3Netherlands Ajax
MacDonald
Goal
41'
ReportRep
Goal
34'
Cruyff
Goal
45'
Haan
Goal

Not the first game I was taken to - I don’t really remember the early ones. But after a break away from attending football this was when I started to go regularly. Two late goals from Sandy Jardine (who had taken the number 9 jersey away from SAF) sealed a pretty unmemorable win. I stood in the old east enclosure.
OpponentVenueResultAttendanceScorers
7 September 1968Partick ThistleH2–030,000Sandy Jardine (78,88)

February 5th 1994

Rangers 5 Patrick Thistle 1

Was the day after my dads birthday and he took me up for my first game at Ibrox, brilliant day and memories

Rangers Vs Red Star Belgrade
1990 I would have been 7 or 8
1-1 Ally McCoist scores (first leg was 3-0 to RSB who has a sensational team back then - Prosenecki / Panchev etc) think they won the European Cup that year ?

Me,
22 September 1984Greenock MortonH2–016,995McCoist, Fraser
I remember my Aunt who was looking after me that day protesting that I didn't go :D
I can't recollect anything about the game other than we won, I was in the West Enclosure.
Still a wean, what about you?
Aberdeen last game at Ibrox 67-68 season.My dad took me to the main stand.only home loss that season 2-3

Scottish Cup 1/4 Final replay V Motherwell in March ? 1972

We won 4-2 following the 1st match at Fir Park which ended 2-2.

WATP

25 April 1999AberdeenH3–149,145Wallace, Kanchelskis, Amato (pen.)

8 years old. Just remember an aberdeen fan running on to attack Andy Cameron and then aberdeen taking the lead. Only time I’ve sat in the Copland Rear.

I've always said my first real memories are of Rangers at Fir Park in Nov 1965.

But I have grainy images of Rangers playing against a team in blue and white stripes at Ibrox.

I have a feeling it wasn't Kilmarnock, but rather a tradition back then and it was the A team v the B team in a seasonal warm up and the B team were in the 'Butchers' stripe' of 1964 SC final fame.

09 Dec 1995

1-0 against Thistle, Durie with the goal. Only managed to get to a few games with my Dad before he passed on, but the excitement of walking up to Ibrox with him will stay with me forever.

Wednesday 18th August 1965
League Cup Sectional match
Rangers 3 Clyde 0
Scorers : the cousins, Jim Forrest 2 and Alex Willoughby 1
Attendance : around 30,000

I still get shivers down my spine when I remember how excited I was, after my dad’s pal lifted me over the Main Stand turnstile, and I left him behind as I ran as fast as I could up the stairs to see inside the Stadium for the first time.

Last edited:
Scottish Cup 1/4 Final replay V Motherwell in March ? 1972

We won 4-2 following the 1st match at Fir Park which ended 2-2.

WATP

I'm sure M'well took the lead that night in two mins or so (McCabe?) John Fallon, bitter yahoo, let a trundler in to get us back in the game, I'm sure.

Although my first game was in 1987, I didn't actually see us get beat in person until that match against Kilmarnock in 98!

Rangers 1 Morton 1 October 1981.

From memory Bobby Russell equalised after a Gregor Stevens own goal.

It was only my 3rd ever Rangers game, the first being a SC Semi at The Piggery and the second a 1-0 defeat at Rugby Park.

My Dad really wasn’t that keen on taking me to football but he promised to take me to Ibrox before we moved to England which was only a couple of weeks later.

Maybe older bears can help me out here. My dad took me to 2 games but can't remember which was first.
Friendly v bordeuax and v Motherwell.
I think coisty scored v bordeuax.
Was goalless v well and we left to avoid traffic, thankfully missed well winner.
At a guess would've been in 85

Back