Your ideas for sub-forums and designs etc

As far as designs go. I still feel the Xenforo lay out before this was better. My phone browser seems to clink and clank its way through the threads now. But if possible a link to other subforums at the top of each page would make being involved everywhere feel more seemless.

A techy/gadget forum, a lounge, and if we had a “deviant” forum i’ll be in there all the time. So not sure if a good idea or not :)

Never liked the tech forum. You could create a post on there asking for a bit of advice or something and could wait a day for an answer. In that time your post could still be in the top 3 threads due to the lack of activity on it.

Plenty of activity on it for various things.

Threads never moved quick and allowed people to click on links that people provided, digest and come back to it for more info if needed and start a conversation back up again. Some threads ran into the hundreds on the back of some advice.

I've learned plenty from Bears through the years with their patience that you wouldn't get on other forums.

Techie threads on here disappear within the day when posted in the lounge. I feel it's needed imo.

On my iPhone on the new layout there’s one thing I don’t like and would like to see it improved.
When going into a thread with more than one page, I need to scroll to the end of the fist page before I can go to any other page. Would like to see the page numbers at the top of the page as well as the bottom.
Otherwise liking the new layout.

Hello,

We'll batter on with one main forum for now before we start expanding.

https://www.pulseresources.org has some decent ideas and is based on Xenforo too - check it out.

Ticket Office is a must I think but open to other suggestions.

Tech forum would be nice in addition to Tickets, Bear Pit and Lounge.

Some other skin choices would be nice (surely we must have one web/css designer kicking about here?), like:

XenForo - Shades of Grey Skin

blue-png.165006

The main two and obviously a tech section again.

Maybe we should have a media discussion forum WITH SPOILERS to talk about books and tv stuff without picking up bans:))

The Bear Pit should be for only Rangers related talk.

Another sports/football forum

A tech/gaming forum

Lounge for everything else

We already have a deviants lounge.

It’s called the lounge.

Tech forum and a search function would be the two obvious improvements. I’d also vote for re-re-naming the Lounge after Tom Weir again :) Or Liz Hurley.

There are many issues on a political level that affect the club and support.

Consequently, there should be a forum other than The Lounge where fans can discuss such matters.

There is also such a huge contrast in subject matter in The Lounge that is always going to dissuade some posters from contributing.

Any one who cares forum
Posts on Joe the bhigot, scoreboard, BBC, Sutton, Harston etc etc to save ones eyes and clogging up main forum

I am happy with the way it is at the moment, too many forum options and you miss tit bits that you would not normal see.
Lets just continue with The Bear Pit, Lounge & Secret Lounge as it already is!

I would love a "Rangers only" forum and a sub forum for all other football related chat.

On my iPhone on the new layout there’s one thing I don’t like and would like to see it improved.
When going into a thread with more than one page, I need to scroll to the end of the fist page before I can go to any other page. Would like to see the page numbers at the top of the page as well as the bottom.

Was going to post similar

In old format you could see how many pages on a thread on the forum page, could click through to last page. Could also click to page from top of any page

Can we have the link back to forum page, for example "Bear Pit", at the top and bottom of each page instead of just the bottom

These changes would make the experience a lot easier

Otherwise like the format. Cleaner

I'd like to have an automatic filtration system introduced, whereby all posts containing more than 9 grammatical or spelling errors are redirected to a separate forum called "W.T.F. are you on about?"

Great. Thanks for putting the pages at the top too. Good that you’re listening to your customers. Lol.

Back