Your kids making you proud or making you laugh whilst talking about Rangers.

DavieJD

I have a lot of small things Rangers related that gives me great memories with my kids, as I imagine lots of us have. But the 'man tears' thread reminded me of this so figured I'd share and hear some of yours on a great night.

I have a 15 year old girl, a 14 year old girl and 11 year old boy, anyways, so the other week there, away to Ross County, half an hour in and I turn and see my oldest shoulders bobbing up and down with tears streaming down her face. I thought she'd got hurt or something, so I asked what's the matter hen are you ok? And she sobbed wiping her face and replied "Ryan Jack is on a hat trick!". :))

Made me proper laugh out loud, but very proud at the same time.

Let's hear yours. :)

My 3 year old spontaneously bursts out with “go Rangers” when she’s cutting about the house.

This morning though I told her I wouldn’t see her until tomorrow cause I was going to see Rangers tonight.

She turned to look at me and said “NO! We ARENT going to see Rangers tonight.”

Not with that attitude you’re not wee one.

Last edited:
Took my daughter to her first midweek, first European game tonight. Needless to say she was buzzing when we got home at about 11.

She decided it was a good idea to go into her big sisters bedroom, whilst said big sister was sleeping and sing the Jermain Defoe song.

Normally crabbit bastard dad would go nuts but I just laughed my arse off.

My youngest has the Rangers bug, I’ve passed it on, I’ve done my duty.

My wee girl was raging I didn't let her stay up to watch the game. She saw the first five minutes and went to be whistling 'Seven Nation Army'. She loves Alfredo.

My cub travelled to game from Ulster tonight without me for first time,am on holiday in Lanzarote,even managed to uplift tkts for Sunday's game lol.....kept looking for him in cf1 on telly,he stuck with it thru the bad years , tonight was his reward, follow follow,good times and bad, proud of you bud.

Not my kid, but I imagine this dads would be proud. Was in a DW sports the other day, behind me, could hear a wee kid crying, bout 3 yr old, “I don’t want to be in here, I want to go”, the dad says to the mum “what’s up with him?” “It’s the Celtic stuff in the window, doesn’t want to be here”

Our 3yo son is getting really into football now, enjoys going to games with his Gran. Has been going into nursery the past few weeks singing various Rangers songs.
So far we’ve had...
Buffalo Soldier
Kent will tear you apart again
Hey baby
Scotty arfield
The blue sea of Ibrox

I beam with pride when he’s giving them full pelt!

Was at the game with my daughter tonight, but always knew she'd be a diehard when at 13, while about to watch live coverage of Rangers at the Piggery, she jumped up and switched off the TV and said 'Am no listening to their garbage song' - refusing to put the TV back on until she was sure it was safe to do so!

My boy is 19 . Jeez I gave him the hardest introduction. He was very young when we both watched 9 men win the cup , a distant memory for him and since he has had a hard shift. I love the fact that him and his catholic cousin both go to the games as rangers fans ( the cousins grandad was a mad Gers fan and despite his dads efforts he is one of us ). We have season tickets together but on Europe nights I give up my seat to let the boys go together. I’m very close to the cousins dad , he is great person but I know nights like this kill him. But ultimately it gives me great joy to see my boy and his close family go together to see the Gers and better still religion is irrelevant. They both love the rangers . Man I could greet how cracking that is.

My 5 year old sings "Rangers are the best, chuck out the rest" much to the annoyance of her Thistle Supporting mother and grandad.

She also asks if Rangers scored 99 after each game.

Shes born and bred Australian and has no idea about football. But she knows that The Rangers at the greatest team :cool:

A few years ago was watching an OF game where we got gubbed, where I passed comment regarding them and there general lack of hygiene to my 9 year old son. The wife doled out a bollocking about telling the boy things like that and how it could get him in bother.

Later the same day, we were doing a bit of shopping and stopped in for a coffee somewhere, when suddenly my son starts tapping my arm furiously, whilst pinching his nose and pointing at a family that had just walked in - father and two boys decked out in green and grey tracksuits and the mother. Looking over at us, my wife's giving me the death stare and I'm trying to get my boy to quit the theatrics.

He takes his fingers off of his hooter before aloofly announcing, "Well, I'll stop it, but I'm going outside for a breath of fresh air". Wife mortified, me doing an impression of the Centurion in Life of Brian trying to conceal my laughter and the family of tims wondering WTF was going on.

Our 3yo son is getting really into football now, enjoys going to games with his Gran. Has been going into nursery the past few weeks singing various Rangers songs.
So far we’ve had...
Buffalo Soldier
Kent will tear you apart again
Hey baby
Scotty arfield
The blue sea of Ibrox

I beam with pride when he’s giving them full pelt!

It's cracking when they're really wee and just starting singing them. When mine were wee, I used to sometimes sing them to sleep with "Every other Saturday" as a lullaby type thing, so that was the first one they learned and they got particularly excited the first time they actually walked down Copland Road themselves because of that. They have quite the repertoire now though lol.

Staying in a hotel in Aberdeen. Just heading back to room and the 3 year old starts belting out “we love the Rangers we do” along the corridor out of nowhere. Last night was pretty special with the wee boy. He’s 11 so witnessed some tough days, he was buzzing through to tonight still

It's cracking when they're really wee and just starting singing them. When mine were wee, I used to sometimes sing them to sleep with "Every other Saturday" as a lullaby type thing, so that was the first one they learned and they got particularly excited the first time they actually walked down Copland Road themselves because of that. They have quite the repertoire now though lol.

Although my singing is fairly awful both mine were on occasions sung to sleep with 'Four Lads had a dream'

Posted this on here before but my lad, probably about 6 or 7 at football training down here in Plymouth years ago. He was wearing the full Rangers kit while all the other wee guys were wearing the usual Man U, Barca, Liverpool and Plymouth Argyle strips. One wee shite looked at the Gers top and says which team is that? in a derogatory manner. 'The most successful team in the world' quips the wee barra. The apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here is on with Harry Redknapp
Let's just say I share the same first name as his son
So we say to my 7 year old wee girl "Harry has a son and he played football just like your dad, guess what his name is"
To which she says Alfredo Morelos

A few weeks back when we went top of the league my 9 year old son was buzzing a canny wait to go in to school dad he says, I said son don’t be to cocky just now it’s still early in the season, no he said I’ve took this crap for years off them at school. So walking him to school get to the school gates I wait a minute to see he gets in ok,all his pals are standing in a group he puts his bag down opens the zip(I’m wondering wtf he’s doing)pulls out the rangers scarf that he’s sneaked in to his bag holds it up singing at the top of his voice. TELL ALL THE TIMS YOU KNOW WERE TOP OF THE LEAGUE ARE YOUR NO.

Just love to see the emotion on my 19 year old sons face .
He and most at his age have had to endure the High school taunts ,the workmates "banter",the nights out patter ,watching us climb back to where we belong ,and cutting it in Europe.
The whole social media has exploded in that time and have had to endure the incessent mickey take from his peers.
A few years back yesterday we were playing Alloa ,and per usual we were there.
His age group have had it tough ,so was so pleased to see him bouncing out of Hampden on Sunday ,and our spiritual home last night.
Onwards and upwards.WATP.

My four year old last night with a tear in his eye turned to me and said "Dad, we are witnessing the early stages of something truly special. In Gerrard we have a manager who has what it takes to take us to 55 and return us to where we belong as the champions of Scottish Football. It's been an honour watching such a magnificent victory right here in this majestic arena by your side. No surrender. The popes a bender"

My four year old last night with a tear in his eye turned to me and said "Dad, we are witnessing the early stages of something truly special. In Gerrard we have a manager who has what it takes to take us to 55 and return us to where we belong as the champions of Scottish Football. It's been an honour watching such a magnificent victory right here in this majestic arena by your side. No surrender. The popes a bender"
And then, with those last 4 words, he earned us another "partial stadium closure".

I was doing the stadium tour at the nou camp in the summer and my 4 year old was need the toilet. Takes him down and low and behold who walks in front of us but a Tim bedecked in the full kit. We walk in and the toilets are sticking. Quick as a flash my wee man asks “are the toilets smelly dad cause that man’s wearing a celtic top”. Should have seen the look on the tims face, priceless!

My youngest was born on the 12th. Always away in spain every year for it. Great days in the Rangers pubs with him abroad. He told me he was born to be a Rangers fan last week lol

A fantastically eloquent and astute 4 year old you have there Baron.

My wee 3 year old grandson is in the States visiting his aunt at the moment and his maw sent a video home of him singing 'Bouncy, bouncy nah nah nah'.

In the background you can hear someone saying 'Who taught you that song ?'

'Grampa 'Muz''(obs said my real name) much to my pride and delight.

WATP

When my daughter was wee she was spending an afternoon with her Nana. At one point they were on a bus passing nearby Parkhead and the wee one starts holding her nose.

"What are you doing, darling?"

"It's just somefin me 'n Dad do in the car when we see the Piggery."

(So pwoud.)

My wee 3 year old grandson is in the States visiting his aunt at the moment and his maw sent a video home of him singing 'Bouncy, bouncy nah nah nah'.

In the background you can hear someone saying 'Who taught you that song ?'

'Grampa 'Muz''(obs said my real name) much to my pride and delight.

WATP

You can't beat watching your own doing the bouncy at any age, but when they're wee it's even better. :)

Take my grandson who is now 9 to as many games as possible. He is my wee lucky charm, never lost a game yet that he’s been at! 1-0 Celtc and 2-0 Porto stick out in my mind the most. He can choose whatever tunes he wants while we’re driving to the game and picks Blue sea of Ibrox and simply the best all the time but it made my night v Porto watching him do the bouncy!

Without doubt this last 8years or so have been the most difficult In terms of supporting the club but we now finally look to be out the other side which I’m happy about as my wee boy and lassie when she’s born in March can see rangers like we really know them the greatest team in the world that win all before them I can’t wait to get them both along to Ibrox.

My 2 year olds favourite song is ring a ring o rosies. Our version is:

Ring-a-ring-a-rosies
A pocket full of posies
A tissue, a tissue
We all fall down
The robin on the steeple
Singing WE ARE THE PEOPLE
A tissue, a tissue
We all stand up

He screams it and cheers at the WATP bit and i love it!

My wee girls mum hates football and steers her off it as much as possible. She was with me the other weekend there though, and I was explaining the difference between the league and the cup. She asked me ‘so if we win against Hearts, does that mean we’re in the final’.

just that one little word ‘we’ meant the world!

My 17 year old son has seen both success and the hard times. He’s got a wee part time job now working in the kiosks at Ibrox, but he’s proud just to work in the same stadium as his great grandad worked in. My 8 year old daughter has never seen us lift a trophy but her proudest day was meeting Alfie at the stadium a few months ago. The smile on her face in the pic shows what it meant to her.

I can’t wait till she actually sees us win something!

Told my 3 year old girl Alfredo might be leaving in the summer because someone will buy him. She looked gutted and said

Can you not buy him dad ?

If only hen, if only. Got to laugh though

Took my 12yr old to work last Sunday, one of the drivers phoned a sickie so had no option.

Ten minutes to kick off at the stad de gadd and I'm delivering in Springfield Gardens, literally a stones throw from their midden.

Driving up springfield Road looking to turn right and the place is double hoachin with the crash barriers, they are on the road and the pavements and the wee man's says to me, right oot the blue, go on Dad, be a hero lol

I said to him that he was out of order and they weren't worth the £500 excess.

Told him a hire motor was the way to go

Last edited:
Cumbernauld loyal always passed Royston and full bus giving them pelters to James bond theme for some reason. Anyway, my boy Calvin was going into town with his mum, who I'd split with by this time, and starts giving it to Royston as normal. Loved it when I heard.

When I drop my boy at his football training and he has one of his Rangers training tops or jogging bottoms along with his own club kit it makes me proud to see the colours being worn down here.

Cumbernauld loyal always passed Royston and full bus giving them pelters to James bond theme for some reason. Anyway, my boy Calvin was going into town with his mum, who I'd split with by this time, and starts giving it to Royston as normal. Loved it when I heard.

This sounds great for some reason , I hope they still do this !

Back