Your most enjoyable Non-Rangers game

BobbyShearer

Official Ticketer
Right, it’s been a shite few days so let’s have an attempt at comfort football.

My go to non-bears football clip is Germany v Italy in 2006.
Click on the title rather than the play button.

Had everything and was just the epitome of quality and drama.
Not often you are out of your seat and shouting animatedly at a game when you don’t have a dog in the race. It was just great football.

Oh and Pirlos pass for the first. Fuc.k.

Post yours and the reason, however tenuous :D

Last edited:
The Barca 5-0 victory over Real Madrid immediately springs to mind.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching that

Liverpool pumping Barca 4-0 would take some beating.

Man Utd 99 champions league win another.

Also being in France watching them win the World Cup in 98

Holland 2-3 Czech Republic at Euro 2004. Holland went 2 up before taking the impressive Robben off for a holding mid and got stung by the Czechs.

Remember watching the game with my mates on a Saturday night before heading out and thinking some fckn game this.

Liverpool AC Milan final, thought I was gonna see a few more goals in the 2nd half. Didn't expect them to be Liverpool goals though

23? October 1971 : Rangers playing Motherwell at Ibrox Stadium and Partick Thistle playing Celtic in the League Cup Final at Hampden. Half time at Ibrox and the team were booed off the park with the score 0-0. Half time score from Hampden was announced over the tannoy as “Celtic 0 Partick Thistle 4 : I will repeat the score at Hampden Celtic 0 Partick Thistle 4”. Numerous chins were seen to bounce off the terracing steps at Ibrox before we all cheered and celebrated.

Our heroes came running back onto the park for the second half where we duly pumped Motherwell 4-0.

My most enjoyable non Rangers game.

Derby County 5 Nottingham Forest 0

Best match I've ever been to (until May when I'll be there to see us clinch 55)

Captain Marvel missing the penalty when Raith Rovers won the cup.
Not felt much better than that from a football game.

Scottish cup final 1991. I played for a team that was affiliated to the SFA and every year we got so many tickets to the cup final and Scotland international matches . We got 12 tickets for hampden,all for the Rangers end which Motherwell used. We got to Motherwell town centre in the morning of the match and the place was buzzing. Good atmosphere in the pubs,went to the Game and it was a cracker 4-3.
But weird being there as a neutral but a good day out

Last edited:
Accy Stanley winning the league 2 title against Lincoln City. I was there and it meant a lot to me as an accy fan as it was not something I expected after years of just trying to stay in the league.

The game in the OP was a cracker.

Other favorites for me:
- Charlton v Sunderland Playoff Final in 1996(?)
- ACMilan v Barcelona European Cup Final 1994 - Mail wiped the floor with a great side
- Milan v Juventus in 2003 Champions League Final at Old Trafford.. unpopular choice but as a defender and as someone who appreciates those aspects of Italian football, I loved that match. The two sides were the equal of each other all the way, it was a magnificent football match.... just one without goals!
- The famous Liverpool v Newcastle match in 1996 as well.. just a wonderful game of football to watch.

I have a few but one that really sticks out is Zenit 4-0 Bayern in the 2008 UEFA cup semi final. Was amazed at the performance of Zenit against a team like Bayern.

Was them I knew we had a real uphill battle if we got through our game which was on after it.

An individual performance in a match that is probably my favourite is Ronaldo at Old Trafford for Real Madrid in 2003. Amazing perfor,dance scoring a hat trick.

Arsenal v man utd when van nistelrooy missed a pen and keown and viera taunted him sticks in the mind, also Liverpool in instanbul but probably quite an obvious one

Few spring to mind.

Liverpool 4-3 vs Newcastle “collymore closing iiinnnnn”

Last minute winner for Man City “aaaggguueerrroo”

Liverpool vs Milan Istanbul 2005. The gaffer had a small part to play.

Barca 6-1 win vs psg few years ago as well. Entertainment at its very best.

1986 World Cup Final for me. I was 12, just in absolute awe of that whole tournament.

I was at Old Trafford to watch Man U 0 West Ham 1,

Tevez scored the goal to save West Ham from relegation.

Or, Spurs 2 West Ham 3 at Wembley in the League cup, West Ham 2 nil down at ht but ran amok in the second half to go thru.

Brazil 4 Italy 1
World Cup Final 1970

The greatest international football team ever bar none.

Easy decision for me. Norn Irn 1 - Spain 0 1982. Seems only like yesterday counting down the minutes on the stadium clock after Mal Donaghy was sent off

2014 Germany 7 - Brazil 1. Watched the game with my old man. Our jaws were on the floor.

2003 Manchester United 4 - Real Madrid 3. The game had everything. Just football at it's purest and most enjoyable. End to end. Both teams just went for it.

Those are just two that immediately spring to mind.

I've not been to a massive amount of non Rangers games so would go for either Hamburg 1-0 Leverkusen from 2017, was at it, Friday night game in the standing section and was mental when Hamburg scored, or the nord derby which HSV won 2 nil in Nov 2013.

One I wasn't at either the playoff HSV avoided relegation with a last minute equaliser or the day they avoided relegation against Wolfsburg with a late winner.

23? October 1971 : Rangers playing Motherwell at Ibrox Stadium and Partick Thistle playing Celtic in the League Cup Final at Hampden. Half time at Ibrox and the team were booed off the park with the score 0-0. Half time score from Hampden was announced over the tannoy as “Celtic 0 Partick Thistle 4 : I will repeat the score at Hampden Celtic 0 Partick Thistle 4”. Numerous chins were seen to bounce off the terracing steps at Ibrox before we all cheered and celebrated.

Our heroes came running back onto the park for the second half where we duly pumped Motherwell 4-0.

My most enjoyable non Rangers game.

Booed off the park for being 0-0 at HT?

Few spring to mind.

Liverpool 4-3 vs Newcastle “collymore closing iiinnnnn”

Last minute winner for Man City “aaaggguueerrroo”

Liverpool vs Milan Istanbul 2005. The gaffer had a small part to play.

Barca 6-1 win vs psg few years ago as well. Entertainment at its very best.
SG had probably the most inspirational individual performance since Maradona against England. He lifted that team by the scruff of the neck.

1970 World Cup semi final between Italy and West Germany. Italy won 4 - 3 aet but lost the final to the greatest team I have seen, Brazil. Pele, Gerson, Jairzhino et al.

Easy decision for me. Norn Irn 1 - Spain 0 1982. Seems only like yesterday counting down the minutes on the stadium clock after Mal Donaghy was sent off
Just going with ones I attended.Beating England 1-0 was pretty special as was the 3-2 win over Spain the following year. Both atmospheres were fantastic. At club level probably Chelsea beating Barcelona 4-2 is tops for me.

Back