Votes: 198 18.1%

Votes: 76 7.0%

Votes: 98 9.0%

Votes: 170 15.6%

Votes: 268 24.5%

Votes: 170 15.6%

• Total voters

Alfie shhh!

Climbing the walls waiting for transfer news so passing some time. We've had various different shades of blue over the years. Vote for which number is your preferred Rangers blue. Post your own examples not shown if you can be fųcked! Number 3 for me:cool:

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

Should the club not decide on a shade, possible poll via STs and MyGers, and register it as Rangers Blue on the Pantone scale then future kits etc will be the same colour?

I actually like the slight variation. The blue on the new crests and branding is all the same shade of blue, but then we also use darker blues and golds etc.

Makes kit collections pop a bit more with the variations, I think if you look at most clubs and kits through the years, you'll always have that variation in shade or colour, so that it suits a design or theme for that year.

We're no different.
Locking ourselves into one blue limits us.

Blue is the colour.
Every shade of it.

I actually really really liked this shirt, it's just a shame that the majority of players that wore it, you'd rather forget about.

Special mentions to Waldo, McCulloch and this man.

Beautiful top but.
Simplistic and a cracking shade of blue.
WV9-Rangers-training.jpg
Wow it really is a cracker. Would love to see it without the cheap Tennants logo.

Edit: here it is

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

Last edited:
I like the mid shades, royal blue colours. And actually prefer the 2012 shade over the ones in the OP too.

What this thread does for me though is make me think of specific players as soon as I look at the tops. The first players to spring to mind are…

1. Ryan Kent
2. Alex Rae
3. Tony Vidmar
4. Sergio Porinni
5. Mark Hately
6. Davie Cooper
7. Colin Stein
8. John Greig

It is a great question and very difficult in my opinion to choose. I voted for number 7. However, I would love to see us bring out a jersey that is the identical shade to the official Saltire of Scotland which is 'Pantone 300' and also the same shade as the NHS logo. I would love to see this for various reasons:
  • Embrace Scotland and Scottishness whenever we can. The Founding Fathers choose blue for our jersey for a reason.
  • Start to take back our identity even if it is just a very small part which has been hijacked from the Republican and Independant crackpots and hypocrites.
  • To represent Scotland's Premier Football Club in our country.
  • To get it right up the lot of them and have them spewing at the sight of a Saltire shade of Blue on the team they despise for being Scottish AND British.

images

Last edited:
Was it with the first Castore kit, during the badge redesign, that we set an 'Official Rangers Blue'? Then this season used a completely different shade.

It is a great question and very difficult in my opinion to choose. I voted for number 7. However, I would love to see us bring out a jersey that is the identical shade to the official Saltire of Scotland which is 'Pantone 300' and also the same shade as the NHS logo. I would love to see this for various reasons:
  • Embrace Scotland and Scottishness whenever we can. The Founding Fathers choose blue for our jersey for a reason.
  • Start to take back our identity even if it is just a very small part which has been hijacked from the Republican and Independant crackpots and hypocrites.
  • To get it right up the lot of them and have them spewing at the sight of a Saltire shade of Blue on the team they despise for being Scottish AND British.

images
"There's Sevco brought oot a tap in that Pantone 300. Am fucking sickened, won't be able to watch their games noo!"

images
That's an interesting take. Our current kit looks quite a similar shade to that. We also had a Saltire on the shoulder of our 2006/07 kit. This one reminds me of Barry Ferguson, Kris Boyd and unfortunately Paul LeGuen!

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

Screenshot-20220114-083926-Samsung-Internet.jpg

The Umbro logo was bizarrely way too high on the kits from this era.

It amazes me the difference in colours over the years. Surely the club should have identified a RAL number years ago and made every strip that colour thereafter
Then every kit looks the same. Lose sales. As long as it's blue that's the main thing.

I like the mid shades, royal blue colours. And actually prefer the 2012 shade over the ones in the OP too.

What this thread does for me though is make me think of specific players as soon as I look at the tops. The first players to spring to mind are…

1. Ryan Kent
2. Alex Rae
3. Tony Vidmar
4. Sergio Porinni
5. Mark Hately
6. Davie Cooper
7. Colin Stein
8. John Greig

1. Fashion Jr
2. Mikel Arteta
3. Arthur Numan
4. Amo
5. Gascoigne
6. Ray Wilkins
7. Willie Johnstone
8. Ralphie Brand

That's an interesting take. Our current kit looks quite a similar shade to that. We also had a Saltire on the shoulder of our 2006/07 kit. This one reminds me of Barry Ferguson, Kris Boyd and unfortunately Paul LeGuen!

AIREVITAL-V1.jpg

Screenshot-20220114-083926-Samsung-Internet.jpg

The Umbro logo was bizarrely way too high on the kits from this era.
I'm not even sure if we ever had one the exact same as The Saltire but if we did bring one out in future then i'd love to promote it to the hilt and shove it in their fat Salmond / Sturgeon faces.

I actually like the slight variation. The blue on the new crests and branding is all the same shade of blue, but then we also use darker blues and golds etc.

Makes kit collections pop a bit more with the variations, I think if you look at most clubs and kits through the years, you'll always have that variation in shade or colour, so that it suits a design or theme for that year.

We're no different.
Locking ourselves into one blue limits us.

Blue is the colour.
Every shade of it.
I agree. I also like the kit when we change it at away games to blue shorts and socks. A full blue kit stands out and looks good. I think we should mix it up , as long as blue is the main colour

Sorry to flip the question a bit, but are there any home tops over the years you've looked at and just thought: "That's not right, entirely the wrong shade of blue"

Back