Your (realistic) managerial selection

I will take whoever they choose.

The managerial merry ground has to stop though, it has to have an impact on the playing side.
New clear out every year and we will get nowhere.

Make a good choice Rangers.

Here we go again :D

McInnes was my no.1 choice from the moment Warburton went, and still is.

The longer we drag this out however I think it's less likely to be him, and in that case it would need to be an appointment of a very high standard beyond anyone mentioned so far, otherwise it's just going to confirm it's been the bumbling shambles many of us already suspect.

Preud’homme is the one with the outstanding CV. No idea what the man is like.

If we were being serious about moving forward, youth, progressive etc then it would be a longer term deal for Frank de Boer. Chances are we’d be thankful in 3 or 4 years instead of looking for a new man again.

If we’re going short term ie some stability before appointing someone for a real challenge in a year or two, then I’d likely prefer Pardew over McInnes as he’s a decent impact manager (before it all goes to shit).

McInnes the preference if we want guaranteed second for a couple of years before being back in the same situation.

A decent mix between all of the above would be GvB.

Here we go again :D

McInnes was my no.1 choice from the moment Warburton went, and still is.

The longer we drag this out however I think it's less likely to be him, and in that case it would need to be an appointment of a very high standard beyond anyone mentioned so far.

good points,
My personal opinion is the board are nervy, bordering on bricking it if they get this wrong.
For the first real time they have fans on at them asking difficult questions

pardew-hero.jpg

Claiming that the manager has been harshly treated and undervalued by his former club, Alan Pardew was the recipient of a staunch and passionate defence today from Alan Pardew.

Speaking less than a day after the manager’s dismissal from his position at Crystal Palace, Pardew was vociferous in his belief that Alan Pardew remains one of the most talented managers in England.

“You know, you’re gonna hear a lot of this and a lot of that, but I’m not really concerned about any of that. For me Alan will always be a hero,” said Pardew, adding that his personality, panache, style and modesty will be sorely missed in the Premier League.

“Ofttimes people – and especially football managers – aren’t truly appreciated within their time. Perhaps that’s the case with Alan. Some people don’t rate him for some reason but he’ll be on the right side of history.”

At press time, Pardew was systematically ringing all of the UK’s sport radio stations and using a different voice to valiantly defend Pardew.

McInnes
GVB
FDB

I don’t want Allardice, Pardew, O Neill or anyone like that. I respect Big Eck for what he did before despite his final season but I don’t think so for now.

I don’t want another Warburton type or a complete unknown. I don’t fancy the Belgian guy either he seems as flaky as Le Guen.

We need a solid steady manager and then when we get into habit of winning consider a manager who plays a more offensive style of football a few years after that.

I will take whoever they choose. Someone with a track record of galvanising team spirit, working with big egos and understands the club and the pressure. Its the management team that is crucial here. Alan Pardew with Murty as assistant (grooming Murty for succession) would be my top choice. Then Van Brockhurst with Advocaat as assistant would be next. I wouldnt be against Michael O'Neil if he brings Jimmy Nicholl with him - that would really annoy Scotland

McInnes is decent but also represents a gamble. Big step up Aberdeen to Rangers

The managerial merry ground has to stop though, it has to have an impact on the playing side.
New clear out every year and we will get nowhere.

Make a good choice Rangers.

GvB is my preferred choice but cant see that happening, McInnes would be my more realistic choice. Eck, Pardew, McLaren etc a big No thanks

Very few mentioned seem to be long term candidates, McInnes would need to be successful quickly to be considered long term, he's been up against Celtc for a few years now and hardly made a dent with the sheep.
A strong stable manager, where can we find that?

I'd actually quite like Pardew. Did well at Newcastle before they sold him team and I think he's got the passion and experience required for the job. Would like to see us get some top quality coaches in to supplement him too

Might even stick the head on a few more mentally challengeds too if we're exceptionally lucky :)

Henning Berg
Won the Polish league with Legia Warsaw in his first season, second season he came second and won the cup.Got them through the qualifiers for Europe both seasons.
Last season he was at Videoton and came second missing out of the league on the last day of the season.
He has played for us also so knows Scottish football.

Pulis if he gets bagged soon, on a horrible run fans unhappy playing Chelsea next, hes the type of manager we need.

Gio is an interesting one but i have no idea how hes done so far, i think it will be McInnes though as he knows the league/club and i cant wait to hear him comment on these refs.

Realistically ?
Hard to see past McInnes.
Don’t think the board will go foreign unless a left field stellar candidate comes in and I don’t think we’ve got the money for that.
Michael O’Neill might work but lack of top club management might be too much of a gamble.
Pardew also a gamble. No real knowledge of Scottish football and a less than startling CV.
Interesting week ahead !

GVB would be my choice.

I don’t see Pardew as being anything beyond a short term manager - I’d prefer someone who would be effective long term.

McInnes is the obvious candidate for me and we should've made that clear long ago to make him feel wanted. The longer this stutters on, the less chance of him taking it I'd imagine.

McInnes is the closest thing to a Walter Smith we could get at the moment and I think that's what we need. Back to basics, we've tried thinking outside the box recently and it's just not worked. I don't think our squads a million miles away from challenging, we just need a few tweaks here and there. Kevin Thomson once said when we realised Celtic were a better footballing team than us, Walter would make sure were harder to beat instead and built from there.

McInnes has worked wonders on a shoestring budget at Aberdeen, whereas we've wasted millions on the likes of Pena and Herrera.

I just think he'd totally stabilise us and bring back a winners/never say die attitude as well as have us operating more shrewdly in the transfer market. And it would also be a seamless transition because he knows the club and the league, anyone else coming in is basically starting from scratch having to get to know our players as well as all the opposition.

The floor is yours:

I'd be happy with Derek McInnes or Alan Pardew in the current circs.
I’m surprised that nobody has mentioned Martin Jol. He’s currently out of contract.

Good record at spurs finishing 9th, 5th and 5th, reached semi final of German Cup and UEFA Cup with Hamburg, finishing 5th in his one season there.

Didn’t drop a point after January with Ajax and goal difference of plus 86, scored 106 League goals and conceded least number in 5 years in his one season there. Beaten by one point, however won Dutch Cup 6-1 on aggregate beating Feyenoord.

9th and 12th finishes with Fulham, one point off their highest ever total, and then won the league in Egypt with Al Ahly.

Henning Berg
Won the Polish league with Legia Warsaw in his first season, second season he came second and won the cup.Got them through the qualifiers for Europe both seasons.
Last season he was at Videoton and came second missing out of the league on the last day of the season.

This is a name I haven't seen linked at all and I didn't know what he was up to. You certainly make a case for him to be looked at. Hopefully someone at Rangers is aware of him.

Henning Berg

That's a new one, doesn't sound like a bad shout at all mate.

GvB for me, McInness can’t beat Ceptic and has a win ratio on a par with Pedro, but had more time to build his team

I don't understand why Gio is getting so many mentions, is it simply because he is Dutch and used to play for us?

He has had 3 seasons as a manager, the first he relied heavily on Wee Dick bailing him out, the next he won the title and this season despite spending a fortune they are toiling, so 1 good season merits him being Rangers manager?

Don't think I have a preference from the likely candidates. I don't think Pardew should be considered, too much of a loose canon IMHO.

The delay in acting could suggest someone currently managing an international team and I've got a feeling we're after Coleman tbh.

Don't think I have a preference from the likely candidates. I don't think Pardew should be considered, too much of a loose canon IMHO.

The delay in acting could suggest someone currently managing an international team and I've got a feeling we're after Coleman tbh.

Coleman?

Tae phuck with that!

Henning Berg

A refreshing shout that one

McInnes won a league cup a early at Aberdeen and, after finishing 3rd behind mighty Motherwell, has since consolidated 2nd place comfortably. No more league cups mind you.

Perhaps we need to be careful what we wish for and what goals we, Rangers FC, aim for....

Don't know who I'm set on yet but in hindsight, every appointment the current board have made since they came in suggest they're not taking the obvious route.

Vitor Periera was first choice before Mark Warburton was then selected, when I for one thought they would have went with Stuart McCall, which seemed the obvious punt at the time.

Warburton leaves, like now everyone assumes it'll be Derek Mcinnes. They then go for a complete unknown in Pedro Caixiniha.

Pedro then gets punted, Mcinnes again the logical favourite and everyone thinks it for certain that it'll be him and with immediate effect. Hasn't happened (as of yet).

My choice even before Pedro was Michael O Neill. Don't pay attention to International football much but it's impossible not to notice what he's accomplished. I was completely naive to the man's leanings or his personal life, but even after it hasn't really changed my feelings.

Back