Your SPLFL Team Of The Season if only allowed two players max from each club in the league?

Alnwick St Mirren

Rooney St Johnstone
Goldson Rangers
Guthrie Livi
Doig Hibs

Turnbull Scum
Callaghan Hamilton
McGrath St Mirren

Boyle Hibs
Morelos Rangers
Wright Aberdeen hehe

People that say Turnbull

me:
giphy.gif

Siegrist

Tav
Goldson
Guthrie
Doig

Mcgrath
Ferguson
McGregor
McCann

eduoard
Nesbit

Why in the name of Christ are people selecting Ajer?

Steven Davis and Alfie.

Jack Anwick,, Ross McRorrie, Jamie Murphy, Glen Middleton, Scott Wright Of Aberdeen, Lee Hodson,David Templeton, Nicky Clark, Darren McGreggor.

If you won’t allow me Wright then Chris Burke.

Anwick in goals, Alfie up front and the rest will do whatever Steven Davis tells them to.

Staunchington

Last edited by a moderator:
I genuinely only watch Rangers games. Don't watch any other team including highlights.

Only players I know are ex Rangers or stand out against us. One such player was Dykes before he moved on as an example.

All these people trying to be staunch.

Not one of you picked Jordan White.
It's almost like the greatest post in FF history didn't happen.

You all ought to be ashamed of yourselves :))

I genuinely don't think there is a player in the SPFL from any other team that deserves the place of 1 of our starters in a Team Of The Year. To my mind we have about 13 players that deserve it more than anyone else.

If the rules dictate that there has to be 2 from each team, change the rules! :))

Without the temptation of looking at other choices, I based mines around our best Centre Back pairing in a long long time as a block to build around. The only one that I was stuck at as I don't really watch much of the other SPFL teams was Tanser. I am not sure how good he is so put him down on merit with St Johnstone winning the League Cup and securing a top 6. I could have chose ANY Rangers player for all positions but opted for a partnership and the fact our defence has been unbelievable this year.

1. Lewis, Aberdeen
2. Gray, Hibs
3. Tanser, St Johnstone
4. Goldson, Rangers
5. Helander, Rangers
6. McCrorie, Aberdeen
7. Turnbull, Celtic
8. McGregor, Celtic
9. Nisbet, Hibs
10. Sibald, Livingstone
11. Middleton, Livingstone

Edouard although Celtic's best player misses out because 1 he is a lazy bastard and turns up when he feels like it and 2 I think the Celtic midfield pairing can supply plenty for the strikers. Sibald I have chosen mainly for his energy and closing down which I like.

Last edited:
What a great question, still thinking it over. Extra staunch points to those for few bears who didn't include Eduoard in their line up. I have to say even a half arsed, can't be bothered, doesn't care about 10 or the club he plays for "French Eddie" is the best non Rangers player in the league. The mentally challengeds will struggle to replace him and be amazed at how much he can up his game when he is playing for fans that don't pelt his car with rocks/sharks. People go on about how bad their defence is, but Eduoard carries them in the final third. Adieu Eddie!

Without the temptation of looking at other choices, I based mines around our best Centre Back pairing in a long long time as a block to build around. The only one that I was stuck at as I don't really watch much of the other SPFL teams was Tanser. I am not sure how good he is so put him down on merit with St Johnstone winning the League Cup and securing a top 6. I could have chose ANY Rangers player for all positions but opted for a partnership and the fact our defence has been unbelievable this year.

1. Lewis, Aberdeen
2. Gray, Hibs
3. Tanser, St Johnstone
4. Goldson, Rangers
5. Helander, Rangers
6. McCrorie, Aberdeen
7. Turnbull, Celtic
8. McGregor, Celtic
9. Nisbet, Hibs
10. Sibald, Livingstone
11. Middleton, Livingstone

Edouard although Celtic's best player misses out because 1 he is a lazy bastard and turns up when he feels like it and 2 I think the Celtic midfield pairing can supply plenty for the strikers. Sibald I have chosen mainly for his energy and closing down which I like.
Middleton of St. Johnstone, surely!!

For what its worth here is the Scottish League team of 1972 that played the English league

Scottish League: Hunter (Kilmarnock), Brownlie (Hibernian), Forsyth (Partick Thistle), Jardine (Rangers), Connelly (Celtic), Blackley (Hibernian), McQuade (Partick Thistle), Phillips (Dundee), Stein (Rangers), Hay (Celtic), Ford (Hearts)​
How does this compare, (max 2 per club)​

Back