Helander
Barisic

Davis
Kamara
Arfield

Wright
Morelos
Kent
This should be the team with Hagi coming on to replace Arfield around the 60 min mark when we are 2/3 goals up! Wright and Kent will terrorise their defence as there will be a good bit of space in behind their midfield.

Only 1 position in doubt for me and that's who plays in the right sided forward position.
4 players fighting for 1 position.

Aribo, Roofe, Hagi and Wright are all in contention for it and I can't make my mind up between Roofe and Aribo.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Arfield
Davis
Kamara

?
Morelos
Kent

McGregor

Patterson Goldson Helander Barisic

Arfield Davis Kamara

Roofe Morelos Kent

Reactions: TN8
Only 1 position in doubt for me and that's who plays in the right sided forward position.
4 players fighting for 1 position.

Aribo, Roofe, Hagi and Wright are all in contention for it and I can't make my mind up between Roofe and Aribo.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Arfield
Davis
Kamara

?
Morelos
Kent
I wish we had this problem for the midfield, but it's starting to look pretty bare in there.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Davis
Kamara

Roofe
Aribo
Kent

Morelos

Seeing Arfield in everyone's lineup over the past few days is giving me major anxiety, he has been a liability since new year.

I think it's Aribo's indiscipline out of possession that's the worry for many.

He doesn't work hard enough when the other team have the ball and doesn't offer the same amount of protection and cover to our full backs as Arfield does.

Arfield has saved some of his best performances for this mob.
The same can't be said of Aribo, yet.

McGregor
Patterson Goldson Helander Barisic
Arfield Davis Kamara
Roofe Morelos Kent

Right from the start Rangers COME ON!!!!!

I just don’t get why the vast majority on here want Arfield to start! Arfield has hardly kicked a ball since coming back from injury and is way off the pace. He even looked off it against Cove.

I think it's Aribo's indiscipline out of possession that's the worry for many.

He doesn't work hard enough when the other team have the ball and doesn't offer the same amount of protection and cover to our full backs as Arfield does.

Arfield has saved some of his best performances for this mob.
The same can't be said of Aribo, yet.

With Jack out you’d think Arfield will start.

It then comes down to one from; Hagi, Aribo or Roofe.

McGregor
Patterson Goldson Helander Borna
Arfield Davis Kamara
Roofe Kent
Morelos

Roofe over Aribo, because while Aribo is a more creative player, Roofe is better at scavenging for scraps and rebounds in the box. Given how poor the Celtic defence is at clearing their lines I think Roofe is more likely to score.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Davis
Kamara

Roofe
Aribo
Kent

Morelos

Seeing Arfield in everyone's lineup over the past few days is giving me major anxiety, he has been a liability since new year.
Take a xanax

I just don’t get why the vast majority on here want Arfield to start! Arfield has hardly kicked a ball since coming back from injury and is way off the pace. He even looked off it against Cove.
Because there's very little other option, it's a choice between out of form Arfield, Aribo likely disappearance act or the total unknown of Zungu. Arfield is probably the safest choice of the three because you're at least guaranteed endeavour if nothing else.

The back 5 picks itself, in midfield I think SG will go with Arfield as Hagi/Aribo won’t track back & help out Patterson enough, leaving him exposed in a 2 on 1. Arfield is not playing well, but he’ll put in a shift to protect his right back.
Davis & Kamara are the obvious other mids.
Up front, Morelos & Kent are nailed on, the 3rd slot on the right hand side could be Aribo, Roofe, Wright or even Hagi. I’m really not sure which one SG will pick, Wright is the least experienced in this fixture, Aribo has the ability but not really delivered v them yet, Roofe is a goalscorer and will cause them problems but his link up isn’t always the best, Hagi does link up well but drifts in and out of games.
I think SG will start with Roofe and look to bring on Aribo later if things are going well, but I’d love to see Wright get a chance from the start.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Davis
Arfield
Kamara

Wright
Kent

Morelos

After careful consideration I've went for Arfield in midfield I know his form has been a massive concern but he is a go to player in this fixture and he gives us more balance and work rate over Aribo and we can't afford to be overrun in there.

The right forward position you could argue anyone for it Aribo, Roofe, Hagi, but I think the work rate, pace, creativity, and the possible change of roles with Kent at times gives Wright the edge for me I think it's long overdue we mixed things up against that mob.

We need to really go for there backline and save Aribo/Roofe as impact options late on if required.

I’d go with

Greegs

Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barasic

Davis
Arfield
Kamara

Roofe
Alfredo
Kent

I think Joe Aribo will be playing in either Arfield or Roofes position .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back