Your team against Ross County

I'd like to see us find a way of getting Silva and Dessers both starting. Probably with Silva just off the left. I fear a lack of goals with just 1 of them playing.
Would like to see it but they are our only 2 fit strikers at the club. No way he will risk playing them both right now.

I’d like to Cortes on the right with matondo on the left

I’d start dessers and Lawrence

I think the fact Silva started v Ayr and Dessers never got off the bench at all means Dessers stats v County

I'd have gone the other way. Dessers v the pishy lower league team and Silva in the all important league game

Dessers has scored big goals in big games mate.

I think Clement will regularly rotate him and Silva, although I do think Dessers looks the more natural goal scorer of the 2.

Both will get plenty of opportunities though.

Butland
Tav Goldson Souttar Yilmaz
Lundstram Lawrence
McCausland Cantwell Silva
Dessers

I’d quite like to see Silva playing off the left, think he’d do well.

Clement seems to like pace in the wide areas though.
He likes to counter quickly, which possibly goes against Silva playing wide.

Silva is nowhere near as quick as Matondo, Cortes, McCausland or Wright.

Dessers has scored big goals in big games mate.

I think Clement will regularly rotate him and Silva, although I do think Dessers looks the more natural goal scorer of the 2.

Both will get plenty of opportunities though.
Whilst much of what you say is true, and although it's early days, anyone who has ever watched a reasonable amount of football can see Silva is miles ahead of Dessers technically. He's also more mobile and and gets around the field more.

It looks an absolute formality that Silva will establish himself as the number 1 pick at centre forward.

I'm not knocking Dessers, its just clear as anything the attributes Silva possesses.

Why is there such focus on getting goals, obviously the more the merrier but is it so we can go top just now or because people think the league will be decided on GD?

Clement and the team have done an amazing job to not only drag us into a title race but also heap massive pressure on our rivals. Our consistency has put all the pressure on them, we don’t need to worry about goals just now.

I really don’t see it going to GD and while us going top would rattle their already demented heads it’s not something we should be worried about or try to force.

If we can continue to do what we have done since Clement came in we’ll be alright. And considering the squad is in a much better place than it was, there’s no reason to suggest we can’t.

An OF win is all we need to change, not scoring more goals.

Completely disagree with this.

First of all we should be trying to win every game by the maximum number of goals. There's no time for messing about taking it easy. We could have come a cropper against the sheep when we should have had them out of sight.

Secondly I wouldn't be so sure it won't go to GD. Normally it's unlikely, but in this league this season I can't see us losing anywhere except the Piggery and I can't see them losing anywhere other than to us. So we might well go neck and neck to the end of the season.

Thirdly there is a confidence that comes with battering the opposition. And also a fear it puts in them. Win more games by 3 or 4 goals and you have more chance of winning the next games as well.

So keep up the pressure - keep going for big wins and keep the pressure on that mob to respond because I don;t think they can at the moment. They will, however, continue to grind out 2-1 wins so we may need the extra goals.

Butland
Tavernier Goldson Souttar Yilmaz
Lundstram Diomande (or Lawrence)
McCausland Cantwell Cortes
Silva

Could even play Diomande and Lawrence and give big John a rest

Completely disagree with this.

First of all we should be trying to win every game by the maximum number of goals. There's no time for messing about taking it easy. We could have come a cropper against the sheep when we should have had them out of sight.

Secondly I wouldn't be so sure it won't go to GD. Normally it's unlikely, but in this league this season I can't see us losing anywhere except the Piggery and I can't see them losing anywhere other than to us. So we might well go neck and neck to the end of the season.

Thirdly there is a confidence that comes with battering the opposition. And also a fear it puts in them. Win more games by 3 or 4 goals and you have more chance of winning the next games as well.

So keep up the pressure - keep going for big wins and keep the pressure on that mob to respond because I don;t think they can at the moment. They will, however, continue to grind out 2-1 wins so we may need the extra goals.

I assume that we are already trying to win every game by the maximum number of goals, we certainly haven't been 'messing about taking it easy'. The goal we conceded against Aberdeen was because they got behind our defense (from a long ball), if we go chasing goals that leaves us more open to that happening.

You can't see them losing anywhere other than to us? I would say that the chances of them losing to others is higher now than it has been in years.

We just have to continue to do what we're doing, there is no need to change anything (and chasing goals would be a change). The team are improving, almost week on week, and as the confidence grows goals should hopefully naturally follow but we 100% shouldn't be changing anything that has dragged us back into a title race.

I assume that we are already trying to win every game by the maximum number of goals, we certainly haven't been 'messing about taking it easy'. The goal we conceded against Aberdeen was because they got behind our defense (from a long ball), if we go chasing goals that leaves us more open to that happening.

You can't see them losing anywhere other than to us? I would say that the chances of them losing to others is higher now than it has been in years.

We just have to continue to do what we're doing, there is no need to change anything (and chasing goals would be a change). The team are improving, almost week on week, and as the confidence grows goals should hopefully naturally follow but we 100% shouldn't be changing anything that has dragged us back into a title race.
They won't be losing other than to us. No matter how bad they are the other teams are much worse. And we weren't chasing goals when we lost the goal to Aberdeen - it wasn't a break out of defence - it was just a long ball we made a mess of. And if we'd chased goals a bit harder we might have been 3 up by then anyway so I don't agree. We are miles better than these teams and should be blowing them away.

Don't come crying to me when we get to the end of the season and it does go to GD and they win because they've been playing for 90 minutes and scored 3 in injury time against the sheep whilst we sit back on a 1-0 lead.

Whilst much of what you say is true, and although it's early days, anyone who has ever watched a reasonable amount of football can see Silva is miles ahead of Dessers technically. He's also more mobile and and gets around the field more.

It looks an absolute formality that Silva will establish himself as the number 1 pick at centre forward.

I'm not knocking Dessers, its just clear as anything the attributes Silva possesses.

Silva is definitely the better technical player, no question.

However, Dessers looks a more natural goalscorer at the moment and in the position they are playing for us, that is absolutely key.

Dessers is also quicker across the ground.

Both will see plenty game time however.

Butland
Tav, Goldson, Davies, Yilmaz
Lundstram
Diomande Cantwell
Matondo, Silva, Cortes.

I wouldn't be upset about Dessers starting, likewise McAusland or Lawrence.

Lovelace to get a seat on the bench?

They won't be losing other than to us. No matter how bad they are the other teams are much worse. And we weren't chasing goals when we lost the goal to Aberdeen - it wasn't a break out of defence - it was just a long ball we made a mess of. And if we'd chased goals a bit harder we might have been 3 up by then anyway so I don't agree. We are miles better than these teams and should be blowing them away.

Don't come crying to me when we get to the end of the season and it does go to GD and they win because they've been playing for 90 minutes and scored 3 in injury time against the sheep whilst we sit back on a 1-0 lead.

We don't need them to lose, draws are fine too. They've played 22 games this season against the other sides and have dropped points in 6 of those games. Almost 30% of the games, why are you so sure they won't drop anymore points?

It wasn't a break away but that only proves my point, if we go 'chasing goals' it makes it even more likely that we can get caught.

We didn't sit back on a 1-0 lead though, previously we would be happy with a lead and not keep pushing that's not the case under Clement.

We have been almost perfect since Clement has come in, certainly out with OF games so why would you want to change that when it's got us back in a title race?!

We didn’t sit back on a one goal lead.

I'd like to see us find a way of getting Silva and Dessers both starting. Probably with Silva just off the left. I fear a lack of goals with just 1 of them playing.
We only have 2 strikers and I would be shocked if we started with both of them. I think we’ll continue to see them rotate, and hopefully Cortes starts to chip in.

Butland

Tavernier
Goldson
Souttar
Yilmaz

Lundstram
Lawrence

McCausland
Cantwell
Cortes

Dessers

Still see Dessers as the striker most likely to score.
Great options on the bench now in all positions.
That's the starting 11 right there.

I think the fact Silva started v Ayr and Dessers never got off the bench at all means Dessers stats v County

I'd have gone the other way. Dessers v the pishy lower league team and Silva in the all important league game
You need to look one more game ahead to understand why.

Sat 10th - Ayr Home - Silva
Wed 14th - Ross County Home - Dessers
Sun 18th - St Johnstone Away - Silva

Craig Levein has made St J a potentially very sticky away day. They don't concede many at home.

Butland
Tavernier Goldson Souttar Yilmaz
Lundstram Diomande (or Lawrence)
McCausland Cantwell Cortes
Silva

Could even play Diomande and Lawrence and give big John a rest
Lundstram won't be rested

Gave us impetus when he came on v Ayr and every league game is vital now

May get a rest when we're far enough ahead

They won't be losing other than to us. No matter how bad they are the other teams are much worse.
I don't understand why people make these stupid declarations of fact.

It's pointless, verging on childish.

They've dropped points in about 6 league games this year, plus been pumped out a cup domestically. Unfortunately none of that was us (yet).

It's likely odds on Celtic will lose at least one more of their ~12 league games to the other 10. I bet the bookies would make it odds on if you asked them anyway.

They've dropped plenty of points to other teams in the league so far and they will drop more.

You need to look one more game ahead to understand why.

Sat 10th - Ayr Home - Silva
Wed 14th - Ross County Home - Dessers
Sun 18th - St Johnstone Away - Silva

Craig Levein has made St J a potentially very sticky away day. They don't concede many at home.
Makes sense

Could see Silva's ability on the ball, backed up by Cantwell, Lawrence, Cortes etc being key to breaking down a stuffy defence.

Butland
Tav
Goldson
Souter
Yilmaz
Lundstram
Lawrence
Cantwell
McCausland
Dessers
Cortes

Hopefully no injuries and a 4-0 win.

Butland
Tav, Goldson, Soutter, Barisic ( for crossing as we won't defend much )
Lundsram and Lawrence
McCausland , Cantwell and Silva
Dessers

Go for goals !

He’s had a good month or so.

Was culpable for plenty goals at the beginning of the season. Not that Goldson hasn’t been either but the difference is tangible when he’s not been in the team
He’s been very impressive recently I must say.

On topic I’d go

Butland
Tav Goldson Souttar Ridvan
Lunny Lawrence
Matondo Cantwell Cortes
Dessers

He’s been very impressive recently I must say.

On topic I’d go

Butland
Tav Goldson Souttar Ridvan
Lunny Lawrence
Matondo Cantwell Cortes
Dessers
Won't be too far away I don't think

Maybe someone else for Lawrence. Though having said that, will be Jack's turn in the rest rotation and Sterling suspended. So could well be Lawrence.

Matondo might play left with McCausland right

Otherwise that's probably it

Lovelace is on the bench for the B team in Bolton, so tomorrow is probably a bit early to hope for him to make the bench for the first team

I would have gone for him too, but I think Big Phil might do a slightly similar thing he’s done with Jack and Lawrence the last couple of weeks and sit him on the bench until County tire a bit.
Not sure why. Cortes is not an injury prone waste of a wage like the other two mentioned.

BTW, are Ross County fans getting the normal away corner and not Club Deck like Livi ??

Utterly ridiculous. They will have about 20 fans ffs.

interesting there’s not many folk picking Borna. Is Ridvan now the people’s choice starting LB or is it a case of horses for courses?

interesting there’s not many folk picking Borna. Is Ridvan now the people’s choice starting LB or is it a case of horses for courses?
I'd prefer Ridvan all day long.

Borna will, quite rightly, be moved on in the summer.

Another who we have kept on far too long.

Butland

Tav
Goldson
Souttar
Yilmaz

Lunny

Lawrence
Cantwell

Mccausland
Silva
Cortes

I think he will play Matondo over Cortes however.

Back