Your team for Sunday

Get Goldson and helander too %^*&. Both absolutely pish. Put in katic and Edmundson. N if barisic isn't fit. Put in halliday. He cannie be as bad as Flanagan. I'm honestly fearing the cup final

People need to calm down. There is no way the manager will make wholesale changes because we DREW with Aberdeen away. People seriously suggesting he will drop Tav or Goldson for a Cup Final? It's possible Katic will replace Helander. If Barisic is fit he will start and I imagine Kamara will start. That will be it. And if they play the way they can, stay focused and cut out individual errors it may well be enough.

People need to calm down. There is no way the manager will make wholesale changes because we DREW with Aberdeen away. People seriously suggesting he will drop Tav or Goldson for a Cup Final? It's possible Katic will replace Helander. If Barisic is fit he will start and I imagine Kamara will start. That will be it. And if they play the way they can, stay focused and cut out individual errors it may well be enough.
Bang on.

btw Goldson and Katic for me,only because we've played that before and were solid. Helander reads the game ok but his lack of pace is very worrying

I have real fears about the central defence, but I will be surprised if SG goes with any other pairing than Goldson and Helander.

Helander and Goldson need to start together as we’ve played them all season together. Can’t just throw in an untested defence with Edmundson in it like some people are suggesting. Against weaker opposition aye maybe but it’s too big a game to chop and change the defence imo

A defence of Tav, Katic, Edmundson and Halliday to be played for the first time in a cup final against them??

12imc5.jpg

I’d go 3-5-2

Katic , Goldson , helander
Tav Davis jack kamara Barasic
Defoe Morelos

MacGregor

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Borna

Jack

Stewart
Davis
Kamara
Kent

Morelos

Would be happy with this but, Arfield will start ahead of Stewart imo.

This was actually the team I wanted the past two games as I felt Arfield was needing a rest. After the past two games I dont think he merits being dropped.

We've shown against decent teams in Europe we can more than just 'compete' with the team selections. One off night and everyones going a bit crazy

I'm not overly fussed if SG sticks with Helander and Goldson as long as he DOESN'T play 5 centre midfielders like our last outing against them

Get Goldson and helander too %^*&. Both absolutely pish. Put in katic and Edmundson. N if barisic isn't fit. Put in halliday. He cannie be as bad as Flanagan. I'm honestly fearing the cup final
If he puts Katic and Edmundsom in for this game and it doenst work out he will be slaughtered for changing it up. We can win the game on the front foot, if we sit off them and let them pass the ball about we will not.

It’s a real pity Jones isn’t fit. If we had him wide and Kent in the Arfield role we could terrorise them on the big pitch with pace and movement. We have to stop brown dictating play for them though

McGregor

Tav
Katic
Helander
Barisic

Jack
Davis
Kamara

Kent
Morelos
Stewart
That’s my team too. But I expect blind loyalty to Goldson with Arfield or Ojo instead of Stewart. Arfield will regain his form at some point. Ojo should be on the next train back to Liverpool. Right wing is a problem. Hoping Jones will make it his own. We should have kept Candeias.

I think that Katic will come in for Helander (who is fast becoming a liability).

I also expect Barisic and Kamara to both come back in.

This is what the team will be

I agree and that’s what worries me, particularly in that formation.

Arfield cannot play on the right, it’s unfair on him as he clearly is unsuited to it.

The two centre halves are an obvious weaknesses, and I expect they will target the space between Tav and Goldson, and the lack of pace from Helander.

As I said on another thread I think we’ll need to score three to win with that defence, and I’m not confident.

But those players drew with Aberdeen? The worst result in the history of Rangers. We should play 11 new players every game and sack the manager after every goal conceded. No panic here mind.

My choice would be...
McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic
Jack Davis Kamara
Stewart Morelos Kent

Would have been tempted to say Jones instead of Stewart, but as he’s been out for 3 months now it would be stupid to throw him into an OF cup final.

However, I think he’ll go with...
McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Helander
Barisic
Jack
Davis
Kamara
Arfield
Morelos
Kent

My choice would be...
McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic
Jack Davis Kamara
Stewart Morelos Kent

Would have been tempted to say Jones instead of Stewart, but as he’s been out for 3 months now it would be stupid to throw him into an OF cup final.

However, I think he’ll go with...
McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Helander
Barisic
Jack
Davis
Kamara
Arfield
Morelos
Kent
Jones has picked up another injury you won’t see him till after the winter break

Jones has picked up another injury you won’t see him till after the winter break
FFS I’ve obviously been living under a rock :)) Not ideal, RW is becoming an area of concern. Would be good to get JJ a run of games and see if he’s the man to take the spot!

As annoyed as I am with Goldson and Helander (and the whole team really) after last night I don't think its a good idea to throw Katic in from the cold for Sunday.

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Jack
Davis
Kamara

Stewart
Morelos
Kent

A think we need 2 natural wingers in this game. Don’t think he’s gonna drop goldson and helander he’s went with they two so a reckon we should go,

Mcgregor
Tav. Goldson. Helandar. Borna
Jack. Davis. Kamara
??? Kent
Morelos

Still undecided for right side. If we had jones would go him. Arfield to slow ojo no go enough. Maybe possible barker there but of pace to run at there defence.

Aribo done well last night first half but he’s not a natural winger. Tough call

I'd be very surprised if Stewart is included. I don't think he's able to work as hard as SG wants. I think Barker could be thrown in ahead of him.

In saying that, it'll likely be Davis Jack Kamara; Arfield Morelos Kent with the usual back 5.

Back