Team For The Europa League Final?

Difficult to argue with that.

I've been giving Wright pelters on here for weeks. He was gash in the first leg vs. Red Bull. But his lay off for Kamara to get our 2nd in the Ibrox leg has maybe thrown him a wee lifeline.

I'd have him on the bench.

After changing my mind a million times, I’d go with:

Kent Roofe Aribo
Kamara Lundstram Jack
Barašic Bassey Goldson Tavernier
McGregor

If Roofe doesn’t make it, Wright to come in and go on the right, with Aribo moving to the centre.
Spot on mate.

I wouldnt start Roofe. Even if he makes the game i doubt he would be fit enough to last. In which case, id rather keep him back for any potential extra time and penalties.

Agree with the rest. Wright in place of Roofe and Aribo up top.

I think the team picks itself, and it's in the OP.

Aribo will start up front, not Roofe. He won't get thrown into the the final after not kicking a ball for weeks.

I wouldnt start Roofe. Even if he makes the game i doubt he would be fit enough to last. In which case, id rather keep him back for any potential extra time and penalties.

Agree with the rest. Wright in place of Roofe and Aribo up top.
Roofe won’t play.Can’t even see him on the bench,unfortunately.

Kent Roofe Aribo
Kamara Lundstram Jack
McGregor

If Roofe doesn’t make it, Wright to come in and go on the right, with Aribo moving to the centre.
Find it hard to argue with that in all honesty.

Kent Roofe Aribo
Kamara Lundstram Jack
McGregor

That is the team apart from Wright for Roofe

Roofe, Ramsay, Balogun and Sakala may get some game time dependent on fitness.

Kent Roofe Aribo
Kamara Lundstram Jack
McGregor

If Roofe was going to start he really needed ~90 mins between the last 2 league games. Bench at best for me as there's no way he can be fully match fit.

I'd be tempted with Sakala and Kent and Aribo as the false 9.

However I think if will be same team that started versus Ross County except Jack in for Lowry.

I'd go with SF 2nd leg team. Wright is not always the most composed but he opens up opponents much better than Roofe.
Goals can come from a range of others.
I think things break down with Roofe.
Roofe is arguably a better striker, but Wright gets a degree of movement going up front.

McGregor
Tav, Goldson, Bassey, Barisic
Jack, Lundstram
Arfield, Kamara, Kent
Aribo

Flexibility if we need to change shape during the match

Ten of the team are nailed on. Wright seems to be favourite as he has been a starter recently with Sakala a sub. Arfield, Ramsey, Davis, Diallo also off the bench.

Can't see Roofe making the starting 11.

I expect it to be the 11 who started the semi final. Interesting that he completely rested 12 players today, the Leipzig 11 plus Sakala.

Maybe hasn't made his mind up between Fashion or Wright yet.

McGregor

Tav - Goldson - Lundstrum - Bassey - Barisic

Jack - Kamara

Ramsey - Aribo - Kent

Anyone else think this is how we will start?
Back 3 with Lundstrum - and FBs supporting forwards. Jack just in front of Back 3, mopping up and controlling passes. Kamara pushing forward and Aribo in False 9 role. With Kent coming off the left and Ramsey on the right. Possibly interchangeable.

I think this is how it will go. Gives flexibility in midfield. Only possible change that Gio May go with is starting Wright instead of Ramsey. Personally would not be starting Roofe. Just not had enough minutes - but a good option from the bench along with Fashion..

Thoughts bears?

It will never happen, but I would love to see the arrogance of Lowry in there in place of Ramsey

I get that Ramsey is a "big game player" but he's done nothing to show he merits a start in the final. I didn't think i'd be sitting here picking a team for a Europa League final, but equally as mental it now seems saying Scott Wright deserves a start more than Ramsey does (on merit of recent performances at least)

It will never happen, but I would love to see the arrogance of Lowry in there in place of Ramsey

I get that Ramsey is a "big game player" but he's done nothing to show he merits a start in the final. I didn't think i'd be sitting here picking a team for a Europa League final, but equally as mental it now seems saying Scott Wright deserves a start more than Ramsey does (on merit of recent performances at least)
Yeah, I see your point in that. Tricky one
And yes.. Scott Wright does deserve a place. Lowry would be a glorious addition. Can you imagine it!? lol, cannae see it tho.

Don't disagree, would start Wright instead of Ramsey. Ramsey, Amad, Roofe and Lowry to play at some point in the second half, extra time.

It is a final, win or bust, so we need to go for it at some point in time. The final will have its own dynamic, who knows who will be the hero(s) villan(s)
We are on good form going into this final. I am confident about it.

Kent Roofe Aribo
Kamara Lundstram Jack
Bassey Balogun Goldson Tavernier
McGregor

otherwise,

Kent Aribo Wright
Kamara Lundstram Jack
McGregor

Kent Roofe Aribo
Kamara Lundstram Jack
McGregor

I’m thinking my team in the OP might just be our starting line-up.

What’s everyone’s thoughts now that Roofe is confirmed as being fit?

Can't see us getting more than 20 minutes from Roofe. It will be the team that started against RBL unless Ramsey comes in for Wright

Start with Roofe trying to get on the front foot and get ourselves in front, to then control the game with a false nine or Fashion coming on to rip them up on the counter.

Or start with the false nine, control the game then get Roofe on to get the goals if we haven't yet.

Could really be either. I don't think it'll be like either Leipzig game though, somewhere in the middle.

I still have a strong feeling Ramsey will start, either in for Kamara, or in place of Wright/Roofe.

He's played enough minutes over the last few games and appears to be fully fit and a player of his quality is made for a big match like this.

He also gives a goal threat from midfield which, despite recent Lundstram and Kamara strikes, we have lacked for ages.

Convinced he's starting Scott Wright up front regardless if Roofe is sharp or not.
Wasn't Wright utter gash in the away leg vs Red Bull? And for large parts of the home leg?

But he redeemed himself with the layoff for Kamara to get the second at Ibrox?

I'm not convinced Wright should start tbh.

Wasn't Wright utter gash in the away leg vs Red Bull? And for large parts of the home leg?

He was

But he’s quicker and will probably press more than Roofe does. Frankfurt are also weak dealing with set plays and crosses so Wright bombing down the wing might not be a bad thing

I start with the same team v Leipzig and then we have Ramsey, Roofe and Sakala as good options from the bench

Same team and formation as Liepzig.

Ramsey and Roofe don't have the sharpness and legs to play 60+ minutes in that heat.

Keeping Ramsey, Roofe, Sakala, Diallo, Lowry, Arfield, Davis, Balogun etc for later against tiring legs gives us a lot better options depending on how the game is going. Whereas starting Roofe and Ramsey would see them burst by 60 minutes and having less offensive options on the bench.

In the press in the home leg Wright was quietly effective. As soon as Wright went off for Arfield the right side started getting over run. Arfield has more quality but his lack of pace in the press caused an issue, when Wright went off.

Kent Roofe Aribo
Kamara Lundstram Jack
McGregor

otherwise,

Kent Aribo Wright
Kamara Lundstram Jack
McGregor

I’m convinced it’ll be your second one. I just can’t see Roofe starting the game without getting any minutes over the last few weeks.

I’m concerned about Wright. He was out of his depth in the away game against RB. Couldn’t hold onto the ball and constantly lost possession.

Not sure if there has been a thread about this but this is my team for tomorrow.

McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Bassey/Balogun
Barisic/Bassey
Kamara/Davis/Ramsey
Lundstrum
Aribo
Arfield/Ramsey
Kent
Roofe/Sakala/Wright

McGregor