Not open for further replies.

Angrybluebear

Official Ticketer
McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Barisic

Arfield Jack Kamara

Kent Barker

Morelos

For those questioning Barker you clearly weren’t in Porto to see the shift he put in. We need the threat of pace to stop them forcing us back.

Ojo might not have contributed much either in Feyenoord but the threat of his pace was enough for them to sit deeper.

Jones in Denmark was the same.

In Europe you need pace. Central defenders lap up long/high balls all day long the thought of three pacy attackers dragging them out of position terrifies them.

Personally would change Aribo for Barker. Barker is playing like someone low in confidence. And even more so after his performance against Celtic

they are likely to do what we tried in Vienna last year, namely sit in for 70 then go for it.

so Stewart for me, although Barker is also a decent shout

Thought Aribo has done well in his new position so I'd be sticking with that. I understand what you mean about pace and YBs are not going to sit in as they require a win to ensure getting through, so we won't need stewart to break them down. So I'd start the same team that started on Sunday (Helander/ Katic excluded) and hope for the same performance... no way we aren't scoring playing like that again.

they are likely to do what we tried in Vienna last year, namely sit in for 70 then go for it.

so Stewart for me, although Barker is also a decent shout

I don't think so tbh. Their attacking line is very potent and their defence is pretty garbage. I reckon it's going to be end to end stuff.

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Katić
Barišić

Kamara
Jack
Arfield

Aribo
Kent

Morelos

No need to tinker after Sunday. Straight swap with Katić for the injured Helander. Should win comfortably.

Jack, Kamara, and Aribo is the obvious for the midfield. I'd play Ojo and Kent either side of Morelos.

McGregor
Jack Kamara Arfield
Aribo Kent
Morelos

Subs: Foderingham, Edmundson, Flanagan, Docherty, Stewart, Ojo, Defoe

McGregor

Arfield Jack Kamara

Kent Barker

Morelos

For those questioning Barker you clearly weren’t in Porto to see the shift he put in. We need the threat of pace to stop them forcing us back.

Ojo might not have contributed much either in Feyenoord but the threat of his pace was enough for them to sit deeper.

Jones in Denmark was the same.

In Europe you need pace. Central defenders lap up long/high balls all day long the thought of three pacy attackers dragging them out of position terrifies them.
Didnt need to be in porto to see the game mate. Hes had a good 45 minutes in a Rangers jersey. He's not good enough

McGregor
Tavernier
Barisic
Katic
Goldson
Jack
Kamara
Aribo
Morelos
Stewart
Kent

Arfield and Barker should not be starting they are offering nothing.

I think SG will go for

mcgregor
Arfield Jack kamara
Ojo Morelos Kent

Stewart or Aribo for Barker. Christ, even Ojo after that awful cameo on Sunday.

He’s way out his depth.

Just the right sided attacker up for debate. I have no real preference but Aribo can switch the role well with Arfield so I would go with Aribo. 2-1 victory for us tonight. We need to repeat the Celtic performance and surely we won't be quite so unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back