Your Team V Hearts

More or less picks itself, for me:

Foderingham

Tavernier (c) Martin Alves John

Docherty Goss

Candeias Windass Murphy

Morelos

Agree with everything that has been said about this selection so far.

Like you, I think this starting 11 picks itself. Also like you, I'd like Cummings to get much more than a 10 minute cameo late in the game.

And lastly, I agree with everyone who is thinking Holt may get the nod, despite him being a little less physical than Docherty.

The thing about Holt, is he absolutely busts a gut in there, and has done all season. He's like a duracell toy and just never stops running.

This 4-2-4 system is too open for me especially if the 2 are Goss and Holt.

You have to make adjustments against the more capable teams.

I fear another Hibs type result tomorrow.

When did we start playing 4-2-4 mate?

Candeias and Murphy do a power of defending .

Foderingham

Tavernier (c) Martin Alves John

Docherty Holt

Candeias Windass Murphy

Morelos

I think Holt will come back in for Doc and it'll be the same side as last week apart from that.

Docherty has started the last two games and his time will come but Holt was been playing out of his skin for about 2 or 3 months now.

for me we cannot go 1 upfront at home again, made the mistake V hibs and it cost us bad, HEarts have argubly the best centre back pairing in the league form wise, 2 up is a must to give them trouble.

Wes
Tav Bates Alves John
Goss
Candeais Murphy
Windass
Morelos Cummings

Take the game right to them from the word go

Windass isn't an attacking midfielder, basically a second striker or false 9. He does no defensive work and doesn't drop into midfield.

You have to make alterations with no Jack and McCrorie but Murty isn't going to do it.

for me we cannot go 1 upfront at home again, made the mistake V hibs and it cost us bad, HEarts have argubly the best centre back pairing in the league form wise, 2 up is a must to give them trouble.

Wes
Tav Bates Alves John
Goss
Candeais Murphy
Windass
Morelos Cummings

Not a chance of that team starting mate.

We're scoring for fun and controlling games with our current formation and line up.

…………….Wes…………..
Tav Martin Alves John
……………Holt……………
…….Docherty Goss…..
Candeias…… Murphy
………..Morelos………..

Windass on as a sub depending how the games going, wind the midfield battle first

Fod
Tav Bates Martin John

Docherty Holt Goss Murphy

Windass

Morelos

The only debate for me is whether Murphy or Candeias start.

After my mistake last week of suggesting I would sacrifice Morelos for Holt to play Windass up front, I think this is the 11 I would go for. Would expect Tav and John to push up and Murphy to play further forward when attacking. Alves in for Martin if available.

I know man, but we done this 4-2-3-1 against hibs and were nowhere, total bug bear starting with 1 upfront against teams at Ibrox

We missed a stack of chances and gave away a ridiculous penalty that day mate.

Hibs only effort on goal from 25 minutes onwards was the penalty.

We really should've won that game.

We missed a stack of chances and gave away a ridiculous penalty that day mate.

Hibs only effort on goal from 25 minutes onwards was the penalty.

We really should've won that game.
Suppose on another day we would have, just felt we made it so easy for them from the word go with 1 upfront but maybe the midfield can hold the blame for not supporting, hopefully tomorrow they make runs beyond Alfredo and get round about him for the knockdowns

Suppose on another day we would have, just felt we made it so easy for them from the word go with 1 upfront but maybe the midfield can hold the blame for not supporting, hopefully tomorrow they make runs beyond Alfredo and get round about him for the knockdowns

It certainly worked against Aberdeen at Ibrox mate.

Another thing I'd say is that since the Hibs game, both Goss and Murphy are much more match fitter and Windass's form has taken a serious upturn.

Do we really need 4 players marking Lafferty ? I'd be tempted to go 3-5-1-1 Foderingham

Tavernier Martin John

Candeais Docherty Goss Holt Murphy

Windass

Morelos

Or you could drop Murphy push John into the 5 and have Bates or Alves at the back

For all the talk of poor defending - we'v conceded 7 goals in 7 games since the break.

3 of those goals have come from penalties, 2 of which I don't believe should have been given. 1 has come from Wes' mistake.

Plenty we can improve upon, but I don't think it's been as poor as some suggest.

Last edited:

Wes
Tav Bates Alves John
Goss
Candeais Murphy
Windass
Morelos Cummings

Do we really need 4 players marking Lafferty ? I'd be tempted to go 3-5-1-1 Foderingham

Tavernier Martin John

Windass

Morelos

Or you could drop Murphy push John into the 5 and have Bates or Alves at the back

Sweet baby Jesus :eek::eek::eek:

I think holt will come back in. However if it was me I’d keep docherty as he is stronger than holt. Central midfield is too lightweight for my liking.
Agreed, learn our lesson from the Hibs game, particularly the first half, we need more strength in the middle of the park. It's a bit tough on Holt but it's not about sentiment it's about winning this game and putting the pressure on ahead of the Sheep and Them game on Sunday.

I really like goss as a player but I think without a defensive minded midfielder it leaves us very open. I would be tempted to try Holt with Docherty, we need to try and control the midfield then it wide to Candieas and Murphy

Tavernier Martin John

Windass

Morelos

With Tav & John we hardly have 4 defending at all times.

We will need height to cope with Lafferty, Berra etc.

This 4-2-4 system is too open for me especially if the 2 are Goss and Holt.

You have to make adjustments against the more capable teams.

I fear another Hibs type result tomorrow.
Hearts are not as dangerous as Hibs going forward, yes they crushed the filth 4 0 but that was a one off game at home, Djoum and Cochrane are out aswell 2 of their best midfielders.

We need to be cautious but i dont have the same nervous feeling i did against Hibs.

That's a wind up surely?

Top midfield there mate.

I'd like to see us go two up front against them and get amongst it.

Candeais and Murphy supporting the two going forward or dropping back and supporting Goss/defence.

For what it's worth I think it'll be fairly unchanged with possibly Holt back in.

Back