Your team vs Hibs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He absolutely wasn’t awful yesterday. Admittedly it wasn’t his best game for Rangers either but he was far from awful. Hibs game I agree but everyone was awful that day apart from Aribo and Arfield.

Kamara was excellent against Prague too.

As the above poster said, no chance he drops out IMO.
First half hour he was excellent, motm material. Last hour he regressed badly to the point I'd have subbed him around the 50min mark. Slack passing, caught in possession constantly, only passing backwards or sideways when at the start he was looking, passing and moving forwards. I agree he won't be dropped, just hope he turns up like he started Sunday.

Remarkable that so many have Arfield in the team automatically; an example of the impact he has made on the team since coming back into the reckoning. My one concern about this game is the central defence, but going forward we look strong right now.

He absolutely wasn’t awful yesterday. Admittedly it wasn’t his best game for Rangers either but he was far from awful. Hibs game I agree but everyone was awful that day apart from Aribo and Arfield.

Kamara was excellent against Prague too.

As the above poster said, no chance he drops out IMO.

Yes, for me he had a frustrating 15/20 minutes but that apart he had a good game. Also, had a great game v Sparta as you say.

He has a mobility & pace around the park that we need in a tough away game imo.

I’d play him 100%.

Remarkable that so many have Arfield in the team automatically; an example of the impact he has made on the team since coming back into the reckoning. My one concern about this game is the central defence, but going forward we look strong right now.

My concern is that he’s getting similar to Davis & finds it hard to play two big matches well within a few days.

Based upon repeating yesterday I would select him, but I’m sure the management team will look at the data & react accordingly.

My concern is that he’s getting similar to Davis & finds it hard to play two big matches well within a few days.

Based upon repeating yesterday I would select him, but I’m sure the management team will look at the data & react accordingly.
Good point; also, I wonder if the tactics may suit him as they did yesterday.

Based on his press conference today I reckon he'll play Roofe if he can.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Bassey Barisic
Arfield Davis
Roofe Aribo Kent
Morelos

I suspect will be the team and it actually looks quite good on paper tbh. Would be all for it.

Not a game for hagi - will be blood and thunder

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Kamara
Jack
Arfield

Kent
Morelos
Aribo

Alfie not on his game off at half time and Sakala on

I'd go with 1 holding midfielder....like v Livi....

I'd play Patterson at LB for some minutes, Borna can come on if not working.

Bacuna and Arfield pushing into the Areas between Sakala and the wide men....

I'd go with Aribo and Hagi on the wings....

McGregor

Tav
Patterson @ LB
Goldson
Bassey

Davis(Holding)
Bacuna
Airfield

Aribo
Hagi
Sakala

That would leave good set of impact players in Kent, Morelos if required.
Aye let’s go away to a notoriously hard venue and play our young RB at LB and just so he can get some minutes. Madness. Probs be better just playing our Croatian international at LB eh?

Aye let’s go away to a notoriously hard venue and play our young RB at LB and just so he can get some minutes. Madness. Probs be better just playing our Croatian international at LB eh?
Madness.......not necessarily, Tav is in great form, Patterson is too and has undoubtedly played outstanding for Scotland. Borna has been hit and miss this season, give it a try and as i said bring Borna on if not working.

There's every chance Patterson could turn in a better shift than Borna on the night.

As in notoriously hard venue....take away the championship years and its not the case. Pre 2012, since 2000 Hib only won 2 games at Easter Road, the 90s are slightly similar.....I'd say that's where we are now and what our expectations should be back at. Pre 2012 levels

Hibs are 6/1 we are 1/2 massive favs......

I think your over estimating the challenge, however I don't doubt your over estimating the importance with your caution.

Madness certainly not. Champions of Scotland and top of the league against a mob who have lost 5 of thier last 6 league games.

Lastly, Gio will have them fired up and ready to give it everything from the shock semi. Hibs won't be able to repeat against a motivated Rangers team out to settle a score.

Last edited:
Same back 4 as Sunday I would like to see Davis and jack as the 2 sitters then Aribo Kent and Arfield then either one of Alfie or the Zambian prince

You have got to assume that Davis will come back in and we will play two holding midfielders. But who is coming out to make room for him.
I don't think Fashion will start, using him as a super sub seems to be working. But if he keeps scoring who knows.

Could anyone name a centre half playing in the youth team showing promise that could step up in the near future ?

Could anyone name a centre half playing in the youth team showing promise that could step up in the near future ?
The likes of McLelland and King from the B Team are miles off First Team standard. The one who’s closest, just like all our main backups, is out on loan. That would be Lewis Mayo at Patrick Thistle. I’d suggest he’s a long way to go to be ‘First Team ready’ as well but he’s the best CB amongst the youngsters.

Last edited:
Didn’t think he was great second half but thought he done well first half and played well vs Sparta. Fully expect him still to start.
Brilliant first half but always choose the safest option when passing in the second which was quite frustrating.
I can’t see many changes on Wednesday from Sundays team.

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Davis
Kamara

Sakala
Aribo
Kent

Morelos

Feels harsh on Arfield, wouldn't have any problems with him starting. Balogun if fit in for Bassey

Davis will be in for Hagi.

The Boss will need to make a call on either Buffalo or Sakala.
Would Davis for Hagi not give us the exact same starting 11 that got beat off them the other weekend with the exception of Bassey for Balogun.

Can't see any change except maybe Hagi in for Davis. No need to change much, need to ensure we have enough cover defensively.

Based on his press conference today I reckon he'll play Roofe if he can.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Bassey Barisic
Arfield Davis
Roofe Aribo Kent
Morelos

I suspect will be the team and it actually looks quite good on paper tbh. Would be all for it.
No chance Roofe goes straight in IMO. Furthermore Gio clearly has a preference for width so I don’t see Morelos and Roofe starting. I can see Roofe being brought on to play in the hole behind Morelos if we need to score in the second half, otherwise if we are leading I think he would be a straight swap for Morelos second half.

Against Dundee at home, yes I can see Roofe and Morelos in the same team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back