Your team vs Hibs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper Kent

Huge game on Wednesday night now, and a chance for Gio to extend his perfect start and get off to one of the most impressive starts of any Rangers manager.

What would you go with?

I’d go;

McGregor
Tav Goldson Bassey Barisic
Kamara Davis
Arfield Aribo Kent
Morelos

EDIT - Arfield in for Sakala because I forgot all about him!

Above is also assuming Balogun is still out. If he isn’t then I’d put Balogun CB and Bassey to LB.

Last edited:
Kamara was miles off it yesterday and will need to up his game if selected

Huge game on Wednesday night now, and a chance for Gio to extend his perfect start and get off to one of the most impressive starts of any Rangers manager.

What would you go with?

I’d go;

McGregor
Kamara Davis
Sakala Aribo Kent
Morelos

I’m fairly certain he won’t play Sakala and will start with Hagi, but think his added pace might be useful on the break.

Above is also assuming Balogun is still out. If he isn’t then I’d put Balogun CB and Bassey to LB.
Balogun definitely wont be back mate.

Do wonder whether he might start young patterson in front on tav?

Full strength on Wednesday and rotate v Dundee on Saturday.

Hibs:
McGregor
Arfield Davis Kamara
Aribo Morelos Kent

Dundee:
McLaughlin
Patterson Goldson Simpson Bassey
Lundstram Jack
Hagi Aribo Kent
Sakala

Hopefully Balogun back in and Bassey at left back.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Bassey

Kamara Davis

Arfield Aribo Kent

Morelos

Didn’t think he was great second half but thought he done well first half and played well vs Sparta. Fully expect him still to start.
His ball retention and passing was way off yesterday.
Would happily replace with Davis tomorrow. If Jack was fitter Id start him

Hibs:
McGregor
Arfield Davis Kamara
Aribo Morelos Kent

Dundee:
McLaughlin
Lundstram Jack
Hagi Aribo Kent
Sakala
We'll certainly need to rotate, but hopefully not to that extent. Continuity is important too.

We can easily go pretty balls to the wall with the team for Hibs and Dundee, decent break period between Dundee and Hearts if players really need rested for Lyon.

I would expect pretty similar to yesterday, Davis for Arfield

His ball retention and passing was way off yesterday.
Would happily replace with Davis tomorrow. If Jack was fitter Id start him
He was awful yesterday, twice in the 2nd half Tav had a go at him for getting the ball with 10-15 yards of space in front of him to run into and instead he stopped cut back and played a 5 yard pass side ways to Bassey.

I think it'll be a much more solid, practical looking team than for his first 2 games on Wednesday and a flatter, straight 433 to nullify them on the break. 2 of Hagi, Arfield and Aribo will drop out imo for Davis and either Sakala or Patterson for outright pace on the wings/break and ability to double up on their wings when they are attacking. Whichever of the 3 get kept in will be asked to sit deeper in midfield with the task of breaking forward and supporting Alfie whenever possible. He will have seen first hand last weekend Hibs strengths on the counter and will nullify it without compromising our strengths too much. Rest will be unchanged.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Davis
Kamara

Hagi
Aribo
Kent

Morelos

Hagi loves a big game and always does well against Hibs, same as Morelos. Would be madness to leave either out

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Balogun or Bassey
Bassey or Barisic

Davis
Kamara

Sakala
Aribo
Kent

Morelos

Although I have a feeling we'll see Patterson in that formation instead of Sakala.
Harsh on Arfield but Aribo is simply a better option in the central role of the 3.

I don't know if Balogun has any chance of making it, honestly don't want to see Bassey in there. He's been fine, but he just isn't a natural centre back in a back 4.

_____________McGregor

Tav____Goldson______Bassey_____Barisic

___________Davis____Kamara

Aribo__________Arfield___________Kent

______________Morelos

Same team as yesterday for me. Hopefully we show up this time and can get Jack some more minutes when we're in a comfortable lead.

You read some mental stuff on here. I often wonder what folk actually watch at times. We have posters dropping Aribo and Kamara.:eek: FFS guys, its not happening and nor should it be happening.
Kamara was awful yesterday, awful against Hibs last weekend and has been well below par the majority of this season.

He probably won't be dropped but you can't exactly criticise guys for wanting him out the team.

Kamara was awful yesterday, awful against Hibs on last weekend amd has been well below par the majority of this season.

He probably won't be dropped but you can't exactly criticise guys for dropping him.
Sunday, for example, wasn't his finest game. Nevertheless, he was the one holding that midfield together. Gio's formation has been wide open in his first two games - Sparta, in particular, had way too much of the ball and a better team would have hurt us badly - and I don't see that continuing against Hibs in what will be a tough game. It will be Kamara plus Davis/Jack as the holding two and a much more disciplined defensive setup with one of Aribo/Hagi (probably the latter) dropping out from the Sparta selection. There isn't a snowball's chance in Hell that Kamara is dropping out.

Same as yesterday with the possible change of Hagi for Davis.

Even if Balogun is available, I’d keep Bassey.

A settled team will do wonders for us. That Dundee rotation suggestion above is just mental.

Hibs:
McGregor
Arfield Davis Kamara
Aribo Morelos Kent

Dundee:
McLaughlin
Lundstram Jack
Hagi Aribo Kent
Sakala

Somebody further doon from this post that you are mental with yer two team idea, I agree wi him/her.

What would you go with?

I’d go;

McGregor
Kamara Davis
Arfield Aribo Kent
Morelos

EDIT - Arfield in for Sakala because I forgot all about him!

Borna was good yesterday I thought

Kamara was awful yesterday, awful against Hibs last weekend and has been well below par the majority of this season.

He probably won't be dropped but you can't exactly criticise guys for wanting him out the team.
He absolutely wasn’t awful yesterday. Admittedly it wasn’t his best game for Rangers either but he was far from awful. Hibs game I agree but everyone was awful that day apart from Aribo and Arfield.

Kamara was excellent against Prague too.

As the above poster said, no chance he drops out IMO.

I'd go with 1 holding midfielder....like v Livi....

I'd play Patterson at LB for some minutes, Borna can come on if not working.

Bacuna and Arfield pushing into the Areas between Sakala and the wide men....

I'd go with Aribo and Hagi on the wings....

McGregor

Tav
Patterson @ LB
Goldson
Bassey

Davis(Holding)
Bacuna
Airfield

Aribo
Hagi
Sakala

That would leave good set of impact players in Kent, Morelos if required.

Edit; a lot of guys laughing at this. I never thought a wee team selection like this would have this much ridicule :)):p

Last edited:
even if Balogun is fit I’d go with Bassey. He’s been fine the last two games and Balogun was honking v Hibs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back