Morelos. Kamberi

Fod
Polster
Stewart
Kent
Katic

barrheadbear

Never mind formations, has Taverniers crossing improved
If I'm not mistaken a few minutes before Alfies disallowed headed goal last night, Tav put in a great cross that Alfie should have burst the net with, instead he put it over the bar.

Last edited:

CupGoalie

Wes

Tav Goldson Edmundson Barisic

Davis Jack Aribo

Hagi

Morelos Kamberi

I think Kent needs a wee rest to regroup. McGregor is of course our best goalie and number one, but his distribution is just genuinely awful. Wes can ping a 70 yard pass and we shouldn't be having to rely on McGregor at home to Livi

bucks72

mcgregor
edmundson goldson katic
arfield jack davis kamara hagi
morelos kamberi (or Stewart)

Tav and kent are off form, barasic not fit - 352 at home, ATTACK

47blue

That is our problem, we demand changes and really our squad ha

If I'm not mistaken a few minutes before Alfies disallowed headed goal last night, Tav put in a great cross that Alfie should have burst the net with, instead he put it over the bar.
Exception rather than the rule.

There will be no dramatic formation change, there will be no dropping of Kent and Aribo etc. It will be exactly the same set up with almost the exact same players.

rangersfc_51

Official Ticketer
Wes

Tav Goldson Edmundson Barisic

Davis Jack Aribo

Hagi

Morelos Kamberi

I think Kent needs a wee rest to regroup. McGregor is of course our best goalie and number one, but his distribution is just genuinely awful. Wes can ping a 70 yard pass and we shouldn't be having to rely on McGregor at home to Livi
Dropping McGregor.
Give it a rest eh.

Also, this Edmundson chat will not do. Aye, we get that after Goldson it's Helander then Katic then Edmundson. But Katic should play before Edmundson. George is a rookie.

MearnsUnionist

Back to the same style and formation we were using when we were destroying everyone pre Dubai.

Hopefully we are able to include Tav, Borna and Jack in the same team for the first time this year.

That's the difference.

Some of the selections on this thread border on lunacy.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic
Jack Davis Kamara
Hagi Kent
Morelos

Harsh on Arfield and Stewart, but they are excellent options from the bench.

Hopefully Defoe's rehab is still well ahead of schedule too.

McCoisty

Team needs a kick up the arse and some bloody bite...

McGregor
Edmundson Goldson Katic
Tav Polster Davis Jack Barasic
Morelos Kamberi

Subs: Hagi, Kent, Kamara, Aribo, Arfield, Halliday, Wes

Clinton Baptiste

Mcgregor
Jack Davis
Jones Hagi Kent
Morelos

Play Kent and Jones in wide roles, Hagi as dedicated CAM. I personally don’t see the need for Davis, Jack and kamara to all be playing at Ibrox against the likes of Livi.

JCDarcheville

I'm going to go against the grain here but to my mind all of our best football this season has been with a midfield three of Davis, Jack, Kamara. We fail to dominate the game with the recent more attacking combinations.

McGregor
Tav, Goldson, Katic / Edmundson, Barisic
Jack, Davis, Kamara
Hagi / Aribo, Morelos, Kent

Katic / Edmundson - tough to call, but if we dominate possession Edmundson is more effective. Dykes is a handful and has got the better of our centre halves before, they need to not get too close to him high up the park and caught out with pace as Goldson was on Wednesday.

Hagi / Aribo - I'd go with Hagi, not great on Wednesday night but he deserves another start at home and offers more of a goal threat.

This would be very harsh on Arfield who has been our best performer in recent weeks, however I still don't think he offers as much as the others in the starting front three and we need to get control of the midfield back.

Skinny-fat

I said on another thread that this is an opportunity for the manager to experiment with a new system. I’d like to see 3 at the back, Borna and Tav as wingbacks. For me Hagi needs to be in the middle I think his talents are wasted out in the wing, you can see he’s always looking for that little flick pass to put a player through - we really don’t see enough of that.

JCDarcheville

Back to the same style and formation we were using when we were destroying everyone pre Dubai.

Hopefully we are able to include Tav, Borna and Jack in the same team for the first time this year.

That's the difference.

Some of the selections on this thread border on lunacy.

McGregor
Jack Davis Kamara
Hagi Kent
Morelos

Harsh on Arfield and Stewart, but they are excellent options from the bench.

Hopefully Defoe's rehab is still well ahead of schedule too.
Should have read through before posting my own. I completely agree, we need to go back to what has given us success previously.

CM13

Official Ticketer
Mcgregor

Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barasic

Jack
Davis
Arfield

Hagi
Morelos
Stewart

Obviously if Borna still out go with Halliday who only just pip's Flanagan. Don't see a change in formation happening. I rate Kent highly but he's bang out of form just now and needs taken out the firing line, he will come good for us I have no doubt. Stewart deserve's a chance to play hopefully Alfredo can get an early goal and start to kick on again as we badly need him to.

blueskin52

Knowing the manager's tendencies for team selection, there won't be wholesale changes. I have no problem with that, but our intensity and desire has to increase to the level of before the winter break. We are good to watch when we play at a faster tempo and it's up to the players on the field to carry this out.

laud55

Livi will play the same way Dolly did. Take turns to bump and bash and out ball to big awkward centre. Going to be difficult. Possession going forward with pace, at least one midfield player arriving in box and opposite side wide player moving in to box are essential. A bit more physical commitment from the lighter weight players would help. Now who to actually pick based on recent form?

JimmysGers

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Edmundson Barisic
Davis Jack Kamara
Stewart Jones
Morelos
Slightly harsh on Arfield tbf.

Lache79

Seriously why are we contemplating playing 4 at back effectively against a team with 9 at back and 1 up
100% spot on,been saying this for months,we know every team in the league apart from "THEM" will play 1 up top against us so why we need 4 at back is cuckoo and why we play 1 up top as well is even more baffling,sick of this negative playing not to lose $#!7 rather than playing to win,we know teams fear us so why do we play as if we fear them,we're Rangers ffs,biggest club in the world and we're acting like pussies,3 4 3 tomorrow and let everybody know this is what you'll be up against from now on

Latest posts

change consent