Your Team Vs Livingston?

Edmundson was torture against hamilton mate. Katic was dropped for a clean sheet vs Aberdeen.
Whoever plays vs Hamilton should have played last night to get the experience of playing on plastic.
There were no positives last night. None. I would be here all day if I wanted to analyse individual performances.
For me the players are playing for their futures now.

Whoever plays vs Hamilton should have played last night to get the experience of playing on plastic.
There were no positives last night. None. I would be here all day if I wanted to analyse individual performances.
Even if we had world class players we still wouldn’t be allowed to win the league.

Reactions: dmg
Something needs to change, 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-3-1-2, 4-5-1. We can’t continually play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Play hagi central also would help tbh.

Edmundson was torture against hamilton mate. Katic was dropped for a clean sheet vs Aberdeen.
I think it might have been making an arse of a challenge with cosgrove which left him with a one v one with our keeper to be fair.

Niko will get there but at the moment he's all over the camp

I see you have left out our best and most technical player, Steven Davis.
I think you were infront of me at the game last night, shouting “well done Halliday” and clapping like a seal at every 5 yard pass he completed.

The standards really are low.
At least he was completing the passes, and attempting to build forward momentum.
How many times did our creative forces lose the ball by not being able to play a five yard pass or by playing the ball backwards?
Halliday is what he is, an honest, hard working utility player - he will never hide or shy away from the task - right now we need that mentality in more of the squad.

Something needs to change, 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-3-1-2, 4-5-1. We can’t continually play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Play hagi central also would help tbh.
Never mind formations, has Taverniers crossing improved? Has Morelos game management improved? How many No10s do we need? How many of our wingers are effective?
We have serious issues all over the park with an unbalanced and underutilised squad. Gerrard has been given money, 2 x DoF, a huge coaching team and a new 4 year contract. Apart from Europe he is failing.
Everyone of the squad and management team should be on notice now. This slump is unacceptable.

Never mind formations, has Taverniers crossing improved? Has Morelos game management improved? How many No10s do we need? How many of our wingers are effective?
We have serious issues all over the park with an unbalanced and underutilised squad. Gerrard has been given money, 2 x DoF, a huge coaching team and a new 4 year contract. Apart from Europe he is failing.
Everyone of the squad and management team should be on notice now. This slump is unacceptable.
Nobody was saying that 3-4 weeks ago when we battered celtic twice. Its not the personnel its the tactics and formations. The first 6 months we dropped points to them and aberdeen, teams now have us sussed. Why do you think they went 3-5-2?

Y
You would think it should, but with our corrupt officials I wouldn’t bet on it!!
Wow man

paranoia on another level if you think that then mate

the refs are shockingly bad but to suggest they’ve cost us is insane

the players have let us down badly as well as Gerrards inability to change a game tactically

Nobody was saying that 3-4 weeks ago when we battered celtic twice. Its not the personnel its the tactics and formations. The first 6 months we dropped points to them and aberdeen, teams now have us sussed. Why do you think they went 3-5-2?
Serious question. Is it because their manager knows what he is doing?
One prominent poster made the point that those performances resulted in the players thinking they had achieved something.
Gerrard and the players have the rest of the season to save their futures.
I don’t care how we win consistently, I just don't see it with this squad.

At least he was completing the passes, and attempting to build forward momentum.
How many times did our creative forces lose the ball by not being able to play a five yard pass or by playing the ball backwards?
Halliday is what he is, an honest, hard working utility player - he will never hide or shy away from the task - right now we need that mentality in more of the squad.
We used to have a team full of them. (And by them I mean players who have limited ability and are Rangers men, its clearly what you mean) Halliday, Docherty, Dorrans, McCrorie, Holt, Cummings etc.

Back when we used to get beat 5-0 everytime we played the mentally challengeds, remember that?

Based on current form, injuries and opposition

McGregor

Goldson Edmunson Katic

Tav Jack Arfield Davis Kent

Stewart Morelos

Unfortunately mate we need 11 players and he’s the only option so you’ve contributed no end

thanks for that

if people can’t come up with a genuine selection then don’t fvcking comment
He did come up with a comment son.

I personally feel a left back from the youth system should be promoted now

Doesn’t really matter, Gerrard will go with the same old humdrum crap as normal.

Livi will sit with two banks of four and if we don’t go two goals up, it’ll be squeaky bum time from 65 minutes onwards.
And that is THE problem.

Wow man

paranoia on another level if you think that then mate

the refs are shockingly bad but to suggest they’ve cost us is insane

the players have let us down badly as well as Gerrards inability to change a game tactically
I would agree with some of that, but if you don’t think referees have cost us points and games, then wow!!What was wrong with alfredo’s goal last night?should their first goal have been given?what about the penalty we should have had?League cup final was their goal not offside?I could go on, officials have cost us big time not even up for debate.

We used to have a team full of them. (And by them I mean players who have limited ability and are Rangers men, its clearly what you mean) Halliday, Docherty, Dorrans, McCrorie, Holt, Cummings etc.

Back when we used to get beat 5-0 everytime we played the mentally challengeds, remember that?
I dont recall me saying that we need a team full of the same ability, but a team with the same attitude and desire.
it was all too casual and cumbersome for the last 6 weeks or so. Standards have slipped, and noone is stopping that. Thats when character and desire can trump ability in these cases. We have always had that character for when things get gritty in our squads -Ferguson, Mccall, Thomson, Ferguson, Ricksen, Mcculloch, Weir, Brown - players who’s ability was outshone by their sheer burning desire to never be second best (not slating their ability - all fine players) - we have too many players who havent won a thing in their career.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barasic

Davis
Jack

Kent
Hagi
Jones

Morelos

4-2-3-1 , Kent and Jones playing as wingers and Hagi in the #10 role

Mcgregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic
Davis Jack
Stewart Hagi Kent
Morelos

Get Kent and Stewart playing out wide to stretch the defence. Tav and Barisic should mix it up and maybe try underlapping every now and again. Davis and Jack should be instructed to try and arrive late at times rather than just sit, one goes the other stays. Let Hagi wander, let him get up alongside Morelos, drop deep of he wants.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barisic

Jack
Kamara

Hagi
Aribo
Kent

Kamberi - Morelos needs a spell on the bench

McGregor

Goldson Katic Edmundson

Tavernier Davis Jack Barisic

Hagi

Morelos Kamberi​
This should be the team to take us forward,Time to ditch that predictable shite formation we've been playing. it's ran its course now. whatever we play it'd better be 2 up front from now on going forward

Who was then? Your probably on the band wagon that aribo was shite aswell.

Andy haliday did not step a foot wrong last night. He missed a header before the goal? didnt cost it at all.

Im not for giving him a contract in the summer, not usually a supporter of his. But last night, he was our best player on the park

Not sure if you are serious? He should have been marking O'Donnell but left him free to score unmarked.

Halliday's use of the ball last night was chronic. His long, short passes and balls into box were awful. He was getting caught out of position in the first half and his defending at the first goal was some thing that would have seen Flanagan slaughtered.

Halliday is rotten and I couldn't care less if he's a Rangers supporter. He wouldn't get a game for Kilmarnock.

Livingston will be another war of attrition.
Time for some real battling and a change of format. Fight fire with fire and drop some guys who have been powder puff since the break.
Shagger
Goldson Katic Edmundson
Tav Arfield Davis Jack Borna
Stewart Kamberi

Genuinely can't get excited for this!

Just now I don't really care who plays.

When has Kent shown he is threatening this season?
Other than hamilton away at the start of the season and against them at new year I can’t think of any

needs benched as it’s like playing with a man down

nowhere’s bear the standard of a £7million player and very much the player who had failed loans at Bristol city, Barnsley and Freiburg

He's been way below par, but my comment wasn't that he has been threatening, it's more that on his day he is one of our most threatening players. Having the two up top would open up room for him as well as options for passing and crossing. Would you rather have Barker, Jones or Ojo as when I've seen them recently they've been as bad as Kent, if not worse. We need Kent to get his form and confidence back.

McGregor

Goldson edmundson katic
Tav Barisic

Jack
Aribo Hagi

Stewart Kamberi

He's been way below par, but my comment wasn't that he has been threatening, it's more that on his day he is one of our most threatening players. Having the two up top would open up room for him as well as options for passing and crossing. Would you rather have Barker, Jones or Ojo as when I've seen them recently they've been as bad as Kent, if not worse. We need Kent to get his form and confidence back.
For me Kent needs to earn a right to start, you can’t just keep playing him in the hope he plays well. That’s the reason I’m my OP that I’d change the formation and tactics and you have Kent on the bench if need be

Back