Your very first Rangers game

Was that Lee Robertson in the starting XI? Struggling to remember much about him. The sub Watson was I think Steven Watson who possibly played a few first team games at left-back towards the end of the 1992-93 season. Who are the subs Walker and Smith?
I was six years old so I’ve no idea :)

Morton, Ibrox, around 1984, we won. It was a pretty timid affair.

I do remember going to Ibrox to see us play Hearts and my Dad insisted I didn't pay into the East Enclosure as it was a bit "rowdy"...tbh, the West Enclosure still felt spicy as a 12 year old kid :D

Dunfermline at East End Park in the Skol Cup, August 1987. My dad got us tickets but we were in the home end...I remember having to try (and failing as a young boy) to keep quiet as Super scored a hatrick. Falco got the other in a 4-1 win!

Amazing number of first games against Dunfermline. Mine was against Dunfermline at Ibrox I think 73/74 I was 9. Might have been in the enclosure. Didn’t see much can’t recall the score. It might have been a draw. My older brother wasn’t too happy.

Mine was against Dunfermline as well--mid 60s at East End Park--we lost 3-1 with Davie Wilson scoring a consolation goal. Things could only get better!

1973 Scottish Cup Semi Final, 2-0 over Ayr United and the king of Ibrox Park scored both. I wasn’t allowed to the final but I did get to go to the Junior Cup Final to watch the other Rangers.

December 1997.

Rangers 1-0 Hibs.

Negri scored a follow up after missing a penalty.

That was my first Rangers game, but my first game at Ibrox was about one year earlier. Scotland beat Sweden 1-0, John McGinlay scoring a good goal early on.

Rangers v Hibernian at Ibrox about 1964. We won 2-0 (apparently) , I was 4 yrs old & can vaguely remember Jim Baxter elbowing a Hibs player in the throat & a big fist flying free for all at the corner of what is now the Copland & the east Enclosure.

1979 v Kilmarnock in the Dryborough cup. 2.0 to the Famous. John MacDonald got both goals and yours truly was hooked for life.

1967 at Annfield when Shankly was their Manager. Won 4-2 with Orjan Persson scoring one of the goals, direct from a corner kick.

I don’t really remember mine, 84-85 season went a few times, what I do remember is there being hardly anyone in Ibrox, but my brothers was the ill fated 3rd round tie with Hamilton in 87. Promptly told by my Gandpa, that he was Jonah, the tears flowed.

My first few games where to see the reserves play then I can remember Ally McCoist testimonial game..... Still have the programme book from the day.

V West Brom Albion Tennents Caley cup in the seventies cant remember which year , which i guess im getting old .

Rangers v Hearts 1976 cup final.

I was shitting it every time we scored. I was all over the place with a surge from behind.

Amazing how many folk you can cram into a terrace.

I was only 18 month old (Start of the 87/88 season) when my dad first took me to Ibrox so obviously I remember absolutely nothing of it. I think we played Dundee Utd, will have to double check with the old man to confirm though

1961/62 season Falkirk 1 Gers 7. Davy Wilson scored 6. My 1st game at Ibrox was 1965/66 season V Hamilton 4-0 Forrest 2 McLean 2

My dad, who didn’t really like football but was as staunch as they came, took me to Pittodrie twice but I can’t remember which was first, the 0-0 draw or a 3-2 win to us in around 1969 or 70. He only took me to the football once more, to my first game at Ibrox. Against Motherwell- and I’m sure it was another 0-0 draw. That was probably 1971 or 72

I don’t really remember my first game at Ibrox as I was probably too young to care about the game. I do remember the crowd (and my dad) going mental cause someone was flagged offside but they weren’t. If that narrows it down. :))

It annoys me that I don't remember. It would have been '83 or '84ish. I have a programme up the loft for a testimonial game against New Zealand but don't know if that's it, also vaguely remember a game where there were footballs at the side of the pitch and a player kicked them in to the stands.

October 1992, 1-0 against hibs, mccoist with the goal. Was back the following month for the 3-0 win over partick

D7-DA1794-588-A-432-F-9549-7-B65-E3-C1-B933.jpg
Rangers v Airdie 1969, John Greig scored a first minute penalty to put us in the semi final of the Scottish Cup. Crowd looks amazing .

January 1974, age 6, Scottish Cup tie v Queens Park at Ibrox, we won 8-0. I think the only time I was ever in the Centenary Stand

I remember being 2 or 3 with my dad in the main stand and him pointing to the Derry and saying Granpa is over there.

Its a very distant foggy memory and I don't recall anything else about it
Poss 71 or 72

Impossible to forget mine, January 1967, Berwick Rangers 1 Glasgow Rangers 0 up to that point the worst result in our proud history. Willie Johnston broke his ankle during the game, Jock Wallace was Berwick player Manager playing in goal and our twin strikers, Jim Forrest and George McLean were never to play for the club again. The little town of Berwick was dismantled brick by brick that night and the implications were far-reaching when we reached the European cup winners' cup final but lost after extra time because we didn't have any strikers

Was very young.

A European game in the mid 80s.. I think against a German side Koln maybe.
Played them 82 beat them 2-1 at Ibrox but went out after 2-0 defeat away and played them 88 and drew 1-1 but again went out this time we lost the first leg. Yes I’m sad with this stuff haha

Back