Candeias Jack Dorrans Nemane(or John)
Pena(playing off the striker)
Morelos

Wes
Tavernier Cardoso Alves Wallace
Candeias Jack Dorrans Windass
Morelos Herrera

If Windass Is struggling I'd like to see Pena finally get a start

Yeah, I think that looks about right. I don't think it's how we'll line up, but it's the same side I would choose.

Wes
Candeias Jack Dorrans Deek
Pena
Morelos

Pena off after 60 minutes and get big Herrera or Rossiter on depending on the circumstances the match dictates.

737dcf20d8dc37fa3bf7e50df57ff981.png

Wes
Tavernier Cardoso Bruno Wallace
Rossiter Jack
Candeias Dorrans Nemane
Morelos

I would like to see Dorrans further up the pitch I feel he would offer far more if he was given a little more freedom.

Wes
Rossiter Jack
Candeias Dorrans Nemane
Morelos

I would like to see Dorrans further up the pitch I feel he would offer far more if he was given a little more freedom.
We would certainly be rock solid at the back. Do we need that against Dundee though?

I'd be looking to switch to 4-2-3-1 now but he'll likely stay 4-4-2 so I'd move Dorrans wide left and put Pena in the middle.

Foderingham
Jack Rossiter Dorrans
Candeias ---------------Windass
Morelos​

I'd be looking to switch to 4-2-3-1 now but he'll likely stay 4-4-2 so I'd move Dorrans wide left and put Pena in the middle.
I agree with you on the formation. Certainly need to get an extra body in the middle of the park for the tougher games

Foderingham
Tavernier, Cardoso, Alves, Wallace,
Candieas, Jack,Dorrans, John,
Herrera, Morelos.

Think we're all agreed that Niko and Kenny sit this one out, Kenny has been an absolute hero in the past for us but his form this season has been poor, he'll be back no doubt.

We would certainly be rock solid at the back. Do we need that against Dundee though?

We probably don't although I don't think Pena should be playing deeper either so I'm not sure who else would fit in next to Jack other than Rossiter. I think Pedro will keep Dorrans and Jack together though and probably play Pena behind the striker.

Think we're all agreed that Niko and Kenny sit this one out, Kenny has been an absolute hero in the past for us but his form this season has been poor, he'll be back no doubt.

Exactly, both Kenny and Niko were dreadful against Ross County and hope to see Pena and Herrera given a start on Saturday.

Wes
Rossiter Jack
Candeias Dorrans Nemane
Morelos

I would play Dorrans to the left in your system with Pena attacking through the middle. It allows them to attack with Jack and Rossiter protecting the defence.

Agree with the team in the OP but it think Miller will start instead of Herrera

I'll be disappointed if Pena doesn't start against Dundee. The 1st match was 10 weeks ago. He must be ready. If not, the board should be asking serious problems.

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if Pedro leaves Miller and Krancjar on the bench.
It's the correct decision to take however.

I'd like to see us go with a 4-4-1-1, gives Pena & Kranjcar the joy through the middle without being shunted out to the left. Also gives them more leeway when they lose possession, as there is still a midfield 4 behind them.

Like the suggestion of the 4-3-3, with Windass left & Candeias right. Gives Tav & Wallace plenty of width to push onto & then we have a midfield 5 with 3 players ahead.

Full team as per and it's the type of game where I'd love to see someone other than Miller get a chance.

Herrera and Morelos need a run at some point.

If Windass is fit i suspect it'll be the same team that has played at the start of the season. Personally would like to see Herrera and Morelos get a start together, or maybe Pena playing just off Morelos. Either way, we need to get the two Mexicans up to speed and in the team. For the money we spent on them, we need them to be starters.

I understand where you are coming from but we should also be using these next 3 games to prepare for how we are going to have to play against Celtic.
No, we should be using the next three games to put a winning side on the park. Our formation and tactics against Dundee and partick thistle will be significantly different to the scum game.

Latest posts

Back