Your XI v st joes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fods
Polster Katic Edmundson Halliday
Doc Jack Aribo
Hastie Stewart McPake
I'm good with that. Might have thought about bringing in a youngster to the middle of the park for Jack but it doesn't look like there's one available now that Kelly is away.

Spot on. We put the tie to bed in the first leg and so I think we should be resting our entire starting eleven. The 4 rounds last season clearly took its toll on us and so we should look to use this opportunity to rest

We’ll beat this mob with anyone playing. The tie is over! Let’s get some of the new guys and guys who haven’t featured much experiencing a “pressure free” Ibrox.

Wes
Polster Katic Edmundon Barisic (c)
Doc Aribo Kamara
Hastie Morelos Jones
I’ve went for a bold psychological move by making Barisic the skipper!

________________McGregor

Polster____Edmundson__Katic____Flannigan

________Docherty_______Kamara

_____Ojo________Stewart__________Hastie

_________________Defoe

Anyone know roughly what time players etc are likely to arrive at Ibrox tomorrow - flying up with the wee man and will be floating about Glasgow from 08:20! :D

Wes
Polster
Edmundson
Katic
Flanno

Halliday
Docherty
Aribo

Stewart
Defoe
Hastie

With McPake coming on relatively early and Mayo and Barjonas getting the last 15 all going well.

You think its too early for Arfield to get mins?? Itching to get back to Ibrox tomorrow as never managed to get to the Marseille game :(

Anyone know roughly what time players etc are likely to arrive at Ibrox tomorrow - flying up with the wee man and will be floating about Glasgow from 08:20! :D
Head straight to Ibrox then you won't miss them :p

I've no idea but hope the wee man enjoys his day out!

I'd play the best possible lineup. Maybe 1 or 2 more experimental choices. These are good games for our team to gel before the real games start. Competitive game is always a competitive game, and a friendly is a friendly, no matter who you play against. If someone's in need of rest with one competitive game / week at this stage of the season, he'll maybe not what Rangers needs.
Early substitutions when Rangers is 2 or 3 in front.

McG;
Tav, Goldson, Katic, Borna;
Davis, Kamara, Jack;
Ojo, Morelos, Jones;

McPake only got 15 mins in a friendly against Oxford so i'd be stunned to see him start against St Josephs.

He will give game time to someone who needs it and someone who will be used this season.

Why does no one mention Candeias? For me he’s been a stand out in the minutes he’s played so far in pre season and he deserves to start tomorrow

mcgregor

tav
goldson
edmunson
halliday

jack
kamara
aribo

Stewart
hastie
alfredo

3 subs would be ojo for stewart. arfield for aribo. defoe for alfredo

thats all ofcourse if things run smoothly ans theres no injuries or cards

Ahhh cheers mate! I was unsure if it was both legs or just the first game he was out for

I'd play the best possible lineup. Maybe 1 or 2 more experimental choices. These are good games for our team to gel before the real games start. Competitive game is always a competitive game, and a friendly is a friendly, no matter who you play against. If someone's in need of rest with one competitive game / week at this stage of the season, he'll maybe not what Rangers needs.
Early substitutions when Rangers is 2 or 3 in front.

McG;
Tav, Goldson, Katic, Borna;
Davis, Kamara, Jack;
Ojo, Morelos, Jones;

This.

We need our best players to get match fit as well as gelling. Its preseason still not December. Want to see roughly the team that will play at Rugby park.

Fod
Tav
Barasic (get the confidence up more)
Edmundson
Katic
Docherty
Aribo
Kamara
Defoe
Stewart
Hastie

Subs
Firth
Halliday
Ojo
Jones
Jack
Polster
Goldson
McPake

I’d give players who have not seen much competitive game time a start and go with a more normal 11 v Blackburn as I think that’s a bigger test.

Foderingham
Polster Katic Edmundson Halliday
Docherty Jack Aribo
Hastie Stewart
Morelos

Subs:
Firth, Arfield, McPake, Murphy, Jones, Kamara, Goldson

Ojo & Defoe got booked in the first leg so would leave them out entirely to avoid any risk of a ban.

Foderingham
Tavernier
Katic
Edmundson
Halliday
Kamara
Docherty
Aribo
Stewart
Morelos
Hastie

We’ll beat this mob with anyone playing. The tie is over! Let’s get some of the new guys and guys who haven’t featured much experiencing a “pressure free” Ibrox.

Wes
Polster Katic Edmundon Barisic (c)
Doc Aribo Kamara
Hastie Morelos Jones
I’ve went for a bold psychological move by making Barisic the skipper!
I like the idea of making Barisic captain. It will make him feel wanted and a part of the team. That’s what he’s been missing last season! Gonna be a big year for him with the euros 2020 coming up to cement his place for Croatia!!

I wouldn't be making wholesale changes for the sake of it. My preferred line-up would be something like:

Fod

Tav
Goldson
Edmundson
Barasic

Davis
Docherty
Aribo

Hastie
Morelos
Jones

Status