Youth/development players

Totally agree with you pal miles away and doubt they will ever get regular football with us,I do have to say reading some comments on here on other young lads scare me badly there's a few getting over hyped massively for example dapo mebude the boy has pace but no quality and don't think he will get near the first team regular ,we need be careful how excited we get about kids as very few fulfill potential and making them think they're ready is not good as they will always get found out in the end..
That doesn’t seem to be opinion of the coaching staff or the manager.

Reactions: LD5
Totally agree with you pal miles away and doubt they will ever get regular football with us,I do have to say reading some comments on here on other young lads scare me badly there's a few getting over hyped massively for example dapo mebude the boy has pace but no quality and don't think he will get near the first team regular ,we need be careful how excited we get about kids as very few fulfill potential and making them think they're ready is not good as they will always get found out in the end..
You're well off the mark with Dapo, of course he isn't the finished article but when he is up for it he oozes talent.

Agree with you mate ,the problem is the teams we send our lads too, it seems we send them to the dross teams of Scottish football Airdrie ,Alloa, Annan I would hope they could go to bigger clubs than that or higher level than this to learn trade try keep them in premier side of the fence better level better player they learn from.
Kids this age can only go to the better teams if they’ve matured sufficiently, both physically and mentally.
By physically, I don’t necessarily mean big.
Unfortunately, footballing skill isn’t everything.

Agree with you mate ,the problem is the teams we send our lads too, it seems we send them to the dross teams of Scottish football Airdrie ,Alloa, Annan I would hope they could go to bigger clubs than that or higher level than this to learn trade try keep them in premier side of the fence better level better player they learn from.
Who is going to take young unproven lads in the top league?

Until they start proving their worth outside the league, then they won’t play in it. For example Dallas, Bradley, Wilson, Houston & co won’t be playing in the SPFL anytime soon, they haven’t done well out on loan.

McCrorie has every chance of getting a loan to a Prem team next year, as he has had 2 successful loan spells.

Until they start proving their worth outside the league, then they won’t play in it. For example Dallas, Bradley, Wilson, Houston & co won’t be playing in the SPFL anytime soon, they haven’t done well out on loan.

McCrorie has every chance of getting a loan to a Prem team next year, as he has had 2 successful loan spells.

Young Cochrane hearts ,boy Regan at accies Fitzpatrick at thistle ,st moreen lb Ethan all 17 playing in top league none of them ever loaned out to lesser leagues straight in ,Queens park had 4 17 year olds playing or taking part yesterday granted in other leagues ,all I'm saying is we have to trust them to point we start them see how they handle it and if fail then back to developing but we won't know unless we try like the rest...

Young Cochrane hearts ,boy Regan at accies Fitzpatrick at thistle ,st moreen lb Ethan all 17 playing in top league none of them ever loaned out to lesser leagues straight in ,Queens park had 4 17 year olds playing or taking part yesterday granted in other leagues ,all I'm saying is we have to trust them to point we start them see how they handle it and if fail then back to developing but we won't know unless we try like the rest...

At.mirren left back Ethan Errahan

Someone is overhyping the lad for a reason?

Need to keep calm with the youth. Unfortunately they believe the hype that they get on sites like this. Dapo is the classic example. He is talented but totally over hyped.
Josh McPake incredibly talented, but think his form has dipped recently due to the attention he has received.

Just let them develop.

Those players are all owned by those clubs. Completely different scenario.

You want to make your mind up rather than slating an individual youth player
One minute he is not your cup of tea and the next your agreeing with OP

Let the boys develop rather than slate them in the manner you have

Sometimes it is a good thing that they don't shine on loan and people should consider the club are aware that is a part of learning. Growth happens when you know you need to improve. Very few players have an easy ride to the top.

You want to make your mind up rather than slating an individual youth player
One minute he is not your cup of tea and the next your agreeing with OP

Let the boys develop rather than slate them in the manner you have
Slated ? Overhyped...has pace ,my point is some are blown into world beaters but are definitely not so behave please.

Back