Zak Rudden back to Falkirk

Bonnyloyal

Falkirk FC‏Verified account @FalkirkFC 3m3 minutes ago
270d.png
He's back! We are delighted to confirm that agreement has been reached with @RangersFC for @zakorudden to return on loan until the end of the season.

Manager, Ray McKinnon, said: “We are absolutely delighted to have Zak back with us. I can’t speak highly enough of him.

“We have been working really hard behind the scenes to make it happen in time for this afternoon’s game and we finally managed to get everything agreed this morning.

“I must place on record my thanks to Rangers for their cooperation in getting everything through in time and for allowing the deal to happen.

Wise move to extend the loan period. He's clearly doing well and gaining valuable experience - he will return as a stronger and better player.

Hardly going to get much of a look-in with Alfredo, Laff and now Defoe ahead of him, Hardie too potentially.

Good move for everyone.

He will probably get more opportunities to play with Falkirk, than a spfl team

Agreed. Also, he's still only 18 and trying to gain experience. I don't think it wise to expose him too early to the higher "physicality" of the SPL. Anyway, I have a lot of confidence in the guys looking after our younger players and trust their judgement.

He seems to be enjoying his football at Falkirk and is doing very well.

Makes perfect sense for all parties.

Seen him play a couple of times for the young uns and he was an absolute stand out. Couple of the guys who are more into the youth game said he had nothing outside of finishing. I believe that's his eighth goal of the season in an atricuous Falkirk team

He rogered Bury in the last twenty minutes of the friendly too, for what it's worth. High hopes for the lad.

Ended up going to the game today at Firhill. Rudden was very isolated as Falkirk played quite a defensive formation, but he put in a power of work and was rewarded with being in the right place to poach the equaliser.
The boy definitely has something, another loan next year to a top tier Scottish team and hopefully he’ll be ready to fight for a Rangers jersey.

Remember when scored in the friendly v Bury, Gerrard said he expected it to be his first of many for Rangers. Could have been the manager trying to build player confidence but those comments stick in the mind.

At 18 I think Falkirk is a great choice. League has the same physical challenges as the SPFL, but he can develop his skill a bit more and express himself. The fact that he is scoring so well in such a poor team is a great sign. If we aren't going to play him next year I imagine we'll send him out somewhere a bit higher calibre and look to see if he kicks on further.

It really does look like we're managing our youth prospects the right way.

At 18 I think Falkirk is a great choice. League has the same physical challenges as the SPFL, but he can develop his skill a bit more and express himself. The fact that he is scoring so well in such a poor team is a great sign. If we aren't going to play him next year I imagine we'll send him out somewhere a bit higher calibre and look to see if he kicks on further.

It really does look like we're managing our youth prospects the right way.
Absolutely. Falkirk seem a good fit for him, he could be the difference between relegation and survival for them.
Hopefully leads to the likes of Kelly, Palmer, Houston et al get some first team experience elsewhere over the next 18 months to help their development.

Ended up going to the game today at Firhill. Rudden was very isolated as Falkirk played quite a defensive formation, but he put in a power of work and was rewarded with being in the right place to poach the equaliser.
The boy definitely has something, another loan next year to a top tier Scottish team and hopefully he’ll be ready to fight for a Rangers jersey.
I was also at Firhill today your right he was isolated for most of the match. After Thistle scored Falkirk changed their system and Zac got a bit more support up front they could possibly have won the game as Thistles bottle crashed. I think young Zac prefers the ball over the top rather than being fired into him but he certainly has the work rate.

They are happy to call us Rangers now we are doing them a favour. I remember we played them a few years back and they had falkirk v 'the rangers' on the fixture board that sits on the main road.
Falkirk born and bred and can't stick that club.

I was also at Firhill today your right he was isolated for most of the match. After Thistle scored Falkirk changed their system and Zac got a bit more support up front they could possibly have won the game as Thistles bottle crashed. I think young Zac prefers the ball over the top rather than being fired into him but he certainly has the work rate.

I thought the No.10 Falkirk have on loan from Ross County offered a bit more composure when he came on, and got up in support of Zak as you say. Poor game overall, as you might expect with so much at stake I suppose.

I thought he looked like a young McCoist against Bury. A natural goalscorer imo.

I thought the No.10 Falkirk have on loan from Ross County offered a bit more composure when he came on, and got up in support of Zak as you say. Poor game overall, as you might expect with so much at stake I suppose.
I have seen Falkirk 4 times this season and seen Thistle 5 times and haven't seen either of them win at yet. I must be a bit of a Jonah.

They are happy to call us Rangers now we are doing them a favour. I remember we played them a few years back and they had falkirk v 'the rangers' on the fixture board that sits on the main road.

Exactly
Hate the shithole and want them relegated.
Gutted he moved back to them because he could be the difference.

He will probably get more opportunities to play with Falkirk, than a spfl team
If he can’t get a game for a lower half top division team, it’ll be difficult to force his way into our match day squad.
Unless there is a plan to send him on loan to a top division team next season.

He’s 18
Yes and next year he’ll be nineteen, then twenty.
By this time, he has to be good enough for the first team squad or he’ll find one of the seventeen year olds wanting his place in the development.
I’m not writing him off, I’d still give a player a few years beyond twenty to prove himself but, the reality is that this is what happens at Rangers.

Last edited:

We’ve always been the Rangers, bud.
Like calling Ibrox “Castle Greyskull” they think they’re insulting us but, neither this, nor calling us “the Rangers” is insulting.
Don’t get me wrong, that they think they’re insulting us is enough to dislike them for.
That and Gordon Waddell, of the weekly anti Rangers column, claims to support them.

Yes and next year he’ll be nineteen, then twenty.
By this time, he has to be good enough for the first team squad or he’ll find one of the seventeen year olds wanting his place in the development.
I’m not writing him off, I’d still give a player a few years beyond twenty to prove himself but, the reality is that this is what happens at Rangers.
It’s his first loan spell at a decent sized club that are having a bad season. He turns 19 next month and you would imagine come pre-season he’ll be given a chance to go out to a higher level whether that’s up here or down south. Look at Hardie, this is his first loan spell in the top tier and he’s three years older than Zak.

Back