Zak Rudden

• Thread starter Bothwell Street Bear
  • Start date
B

Bothwell Street Bear

Would like to see him in, and around, the first team next season.

Hat trick for Scotland under 19’s today.

Boy has something about him.

Out of contract in May (EDIT: no, he’s not).

I first saw him a couple of years ago and though all he had to his game was that he was bigger and stronger than his contemporaries. He’s gone on to score well for Falkirk though, so well done to the big lad.

Last edited:
Out of contract in May. I imagine we will offer him a 12 month extension but, as things stand, he can walk for just a development fee if he chooses.

I first saw him a couple of years ago and though all he had to his game was that he was bigger and stronger than his contemporaries. He’s gone on to score well for Falkirk though, so well done to the big lad.

Zak Rudden has a contract until at least 2020.

Good scoring record for Scotland and falkirk now certainly one to slowly give minutes to

I do wonder at times despite the reputations of Lafferty and particularly Defoe,if we should be giving more chances to Rudden in particular.I don't think Hardie is what we need,I fear he can't make the improvements required going forward-but that should not shut the door on others yet to be given a chance.
Those that watch the youths more would know better of course,but I hope Rudden and Dallas might come good enough to be given a shot.

I do wonder at times despite the reputations of Lafferty and particularly Defoe,if we should be giving more chances to Rudden in particular.I don't think Hardie is what we need,I fear he can't make the improvements required going forward-but that should not shut the door on others yet to be given a chance.
Those that watch the youths more would know better of course,but I hope Rudden and Dallas might come good enough to be given a shot.

Dallas looked good any time I saw him but I don't think he's had a great time at Morton.

Hardie will be back next season and Rudden will probably go out on loan again unless he makes a huge impact on Gerrard.

I was at the Falkirk v Ayr Utd game a few weeks ago (Falkirk won 2-0). Rudden was energetic enough and looked a decent player. But I am a long way from convinced that he will be in and around our first team squad next season. Admittedly my view is based on just that one game, but I just didn’t see enough quality from him to make me think he is going to make it with us next season or probably at all.

Be behind Hardie in being assessed around the 1st team in preseason, a loan in the top flight would help his cause

Should play over Lafferty.

We continue to have these talented youth prospects at their international level and loan clubs yet never play them and then bemoan not playing any youngsters.

Be behind Hardie in being assessed around the 1st team in preseason, a loan in the top flight would help his cause
He’s probably ahead of Hardie by now.
My thinking here is the type of striker he is and him being a few years younger than Hardie.
I get the feeling Hardie will be released this summer.

Posted in alternative thread but

Good to think that SG may bring him back into the fold this pre season.

He seems to be going well and maybe some time around Alfredo would help sharpen him up as he seems to be an excellent prospect for the near future !

Back