Zayed International U-17 Cup

We announce the Zayed International U-17 Cup, which is organised by Al Wahda Club from March 24th to April 1, 2019 for teams under 16, at Al Wahda Academy under the patronage of Abu Dhabi Sports Council, with the participation of 6 clubs: Al Wahda Club, Al Jazeera Club, Al Ain Club, Rangers club , Bartizan Club , Jelly Club

We announce the Zayed International U-17 Cup, which is organised by Al Wahda Club from March 24th to April 1, 2019 for teams under 16, at Al Wahda Academy under the patronage of Abu Dhabi Sports Council, with the participation of 6 clubs: Al Wahda Club, Al Jazeera Club, Al Ain Club, Rangers club , Bartizan Club , Jelly Club
Hope we don't play Jelly club first, so we don't get off to a wobbly start

D2VYpBJXcAAxHMp.jpg

Only really Partizan with any pedigree in the opponents but hopefully good experience for the boys and another chance to win a tournament.

I'm confused - is it for u17 or u16 teams?

Squad in picture above

Back Row:- Scott Cowie, Sam Lovie, Tyler Pasnik, Robbie Ure, Dire Mebude, Jack McConnell, Jake Wallace (NI player), Dont Know(Possibly another NI player), Connor Allan, Kelsey Ewan (could be Harley), Logan Dunachie, Harley Ewan (could be Kelsey).

Front Row:- Darren McInally, Charlie Lindsay (NI Player), Zak McKay, Leyton Dunlop, Mackenzie Strachan, Jack Harkness, Gavin Gallagher.

Relation of Dapo I assume, does he play a similar position?

His wee brother and thought, by some, to be the better player. Though that tends to be the story you get with every set of brothers in football I think. I've seen nothing of the lads at this age so cannot say. This should be a great experience for them though. Good Luck to them all. Make us proud, lads.

His wee brother and thought, by some, to be the better player. Though that tends to be the story you get with every set of brothers in football I think. I've seen nothing of the lads at this age so cannot say. This should be a great experience for them though. Good Luck to them all. Make us proud, lads.
Think it may have been Elf that said Dire is more consistent than Dapo

I would love to get out and watch them myself but I can't drive so it's a bit of a hassle getting out there and back, really should put coverage on RTV.

RangersTV coverage of some of the matches would be great - even just highlights. Official site can't even give us photos of the Dev Squad or u18s (never mind younger) far less even a simple pen picture. Its very poor.

Went along to watch the young guys nd the score line doesn't tell the real story.
The Young Bears were beaten 3 - 1 but ha to persevere through poor refereeing and a dodgy lines man.
The kids went out there and really put on a display of good football and although they went 1 - 0 down early they very quickly pulled it back to 1 -1.
I sat just off the halfway line and 3 times the linesman called offside wrongly and each time they had put the ball in the net and that was just the first half.
They had to put up with some very rough tactics and if that had been a senior game their opponents would have seen at least 3 reds, surprised a couple of the young lads were able to walk away.
In the second half they once again had to put up with some strange calls and again the tackles they were receiving was way over the top and again the referee offered no protection.
I was confused at one point as after a really good move they had the ball in the net but celebrations were cut short as it was disallowed, no one seems to know why.
A penalty was awarded to their opponents from an attack in a very crowded box so have no idea if legit or not but there was no complaints raised.

The one player that caught my attention was the wee #4, smallest guy on the pitch but getting stuck in constantly winning the ball, brilliant dribbling and some good passes. Not taking anything away from the rest as the football they tried to play was outstanding but they found it difficult against a tem who were not holding back and as stated, injuries could have been a lot more serious.
Proper officials in place the score would reflect a lot better on how they played.

My concern is at least one of the teams they are going to come up against, under 17's???
Not sure which team it is but when you see under 17's with a better beard than a lot of adults and the build of someone who hasn't been out the gym for a long time, questions have to be asked.

I plan to head along again on Tuesday and hopefully some of the Abu Dhabi Loyal can make it along, there will be several of the parents arriving tomorrow but the more support for the young guys the better as it will help to raise them from an undeserved defeat..

Went along to watch the young guys nd the score line doesn't tell the real story.
The Young Bears were beaten 3 - 1 but ha to persevere through poor refereeing and a dodgy lines man.
The kids went out there and really put on a display of good football and although they went 1 - 0 down early they very quickly pulled it back to 1 -1.
I sat just off the halfway line and 3 times the linesman called offside wrongly and each time they had put the ball in the net and that was just the first half.
They had to put up with some very rough tactics and if that had been a senior game their opponents would have seen at least 3 reds, surprised a couple of the young lads were able to walk away.
In the second half they once again had to put up with some strange calls and again the tackles they were receiving was way over the top and again the referee offered no protection.
I was confused at one point as after a really good move they had the ball in the net but celebrations were cut short as it was disallowed, no one seems to know why.
A penalty was awarded to their opponents from an attack in a very crowded box so have no idea if legit or not but there was no complaints raised.

The one player that caught my attention was the wee #4, smallest guy on the pitch but getting stuck in constantly winning the ball, brilliant dribbling and some good passes. Not taking anything away from the rest as the football they tried to play was outstanding but they found it difficult against a tem who were not holding back and as stated, injuries could have been a lot more serious.
Proper officials in place the score would reflect a lot better on how they played.

My concern is at least one of the teams they are going to come up against, under 17's???
Not sure which team it is but when you see under 17's with a better beard than a lot of adults and the build of someone who hasn't been out the gym for a long time, questions have to be asked.

I plan to head along again on Tuesday and hopefully some of the Abu Dhabi Loyal can make it along, there will be several of the parents arriving tomorrow but the more support for the young guys the better as it will help to raise them from an undeserved defeat..
Thanks for the report gogs. Wonder who the wee no. 4 is??
The Ayrabs obviously in it to win it. Including their officials.

Thanks for the report gogs. Wonder who the wee no. 4 is??
The Ayrabs obviously in it to win it. Including their officials.
Going by the picture above it could be the boy Darren, just caught the eye with the way there was no messing about and he would go through their bigger players and as I said could run with the ball as well..
Am sure they will pick themselves up for Tuesday, looking forward to it.

Going by the picture above it could be the boy Darren, just caught the eye with the way there was no messing about and he would go through their bigger players and as I said could run with the ball as well..
As long as the boys do their best and above all enjoy it.

Was there a programme for the tournament ?

From your description it will definitely be Darren McInally. He will probably be the smallest player in the tournamant but there won't be a player with a bigger heart. Darren is a really good player on the ball but is probably even better out of possession and fearless.

From your description it will definitely be Darren McInally. He will probably be the smallest player in the tournamant but there won't be a player with a bigger heart. Darren is a really good player on the ball but is probably even better out of possession and fearless.

Is that the lad who got MOM yesterday ?

Interestingly the locals behind me were impressed with the style of football being played and there were a few of the young guys caught their attention, all in a positive way so for me another reason that the kids can hold their heads high as they are representing the club in the proper manner and people are recognising it..

Interestingly the locals behind me were impressed with the style of football being played and there were a few of the young guys caught their attention, all in a positive way so for me another reason that the kids can hold their heads high as they are representing the club in the proper manner and people are recognising it..
Well done Our young guys.

Back