Zeb Jacobs academy role confirmed

Interesting that Beale was involved in this appointment. I had just assumed this was in line with the first team management changes.

Both Zeb and Dave Vos are hugely exciting appointments and give further indication we'll try and develop younger players for the first team in the future.

We have been making great moves in terms of management and leadership appointments within the club.

Watched that a few weeks ago. Very good listen.

Interesting that Michael Beale was also involved in that process.
I watched that as well and thought it was very good, I am very excited to have Zeb on board, I think the young boys can be very excited with a guy of this calibre looking after them

Both Zeb and Dave Vos are hugely exciting appointments and give further indication we'll try and develop younger players for the first team in the future.
What age are the kids that these guys start with?
I read years ago, that the Dutch have a very senior coach looking after the youngest of their age groups, with idea being to catch them early and develop good habits.
Makes sense to me but I don’t see it replicated anywhere.
Unless, for example, Brian Gilmour is higher rated than Michael Beale!

Hopefully we do see players loaned out to Belgian and Dutch teams in the future. Even if it's their second division, still higher quality than the championship/league 1 here and they will at least play similar styles of football and get most likely better coaching.

Never heard of the guy but a lot you of you seem excited by the announcement, any chance one of you can say a bit why? I want to be excited too lol

Never heard of the guy but a lot you of you seem excited by the announcement, any chance one of you can say a bit why? I want to be excited too lol
you should have a wee watch of the video in post 16 is quite lengthy but I thought personally was a good watch and insight to the guy and what he can bring to us going forward, I watched it a month or so ago

you should have a wee watch of the video in post 16 is quite lengthy but I thought personally was a good watch and insight to the guy and what he can bring to us going forward, I watched it a month or so ago
I’ll check it out mate cheers, scrolled down too quick and never noticed it.

Well worth a watch. I love to listen to people that have a passion about their particular skill/remit, it is so much more interesting.

I do like that he isnt of the too small not good enough coach types. Will work well in Scotland. I feel we will see a lot of changes in the academy over the coming months.

Well worth a watch. I love to listen to people that have a passion about their particular skill/remit, it is so much more interesting.

I do like that he isnt of the too small not good enough coach types. Will work well in Scotland. I feel we will see a lot of changes in the academy over the coming months.
I just started watching it about 8 mins in but that was easily the biggest thing that has stuck with me so far apart from his passion for the role. As soon as he said he isn’t the type to tell the likes of Hazard that he is too small or not good enough I was sold, this guy will do for me.

Looking forward to see how the young bears improve under him.

Back