Zidane and Michael Laudrup, ridiculous skills

Napoli signed the Brazilian first choice centre forward at the same time.

It's an excellent story that Maradona did it singled handed but I don't think it stands up to real scrutiny.[/QUOTE

Yes they did and they had plenty of others who could play. However you could take any one of them out of that side and Napoli would still have won the title,but take Maradona out and they would finish mid table.
No player,not even Maradona, has won a competition single handedly,it's simply not possible. However no single player,before or since,has exerted more influence on a team as Maradona did and he did this with not just Napoli but with Argentina too!

Fabulous videos. How many times did the fat Ronaldo score by going round the keeper and can you imagine how wonderful it must have been having him and Zidane in the same team.
Pele, Maradona and Messi probably vie for greatest ever player.
Who would be the greatest European, Cruyff, Zidane or another?

In my opinion,the most talented European player of all time is George Best.
Between 1964-1970 he was up there with Pele as the best player in the world.
If I knew how to post a video......

Fabulous videos. How many times did the fat Ronaldo score by going round the keeper and can you imagine how wonderful it must have been having him and Zidane in the same team.
Pele, Maradona and Messi probably vie for greatest ever player.
Who would be the greatest European, Cruyff, Zidane or another?

Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest European Player of all time.

Marco van Basten , over 300 goals played his last game at 28 , what a striker of the ball , My favourite player growing up . Was gutted when couldn't play anymore . Another 4-5 years at the top would have made him the greatest European player of all time .

Some amazing skills on show, but that goal by gazza I could watch it all day. An absolutely sublime piece of skill.

Not saying he was the best, but Platini in the 1984 Euros was as much a one man demonstration of brilliance as Maradona in the World Cup 2 years later. He dragged them to the final with one great goalscoring display after another and was actually the midfield playmaker.

Not saying he was the best, but Platini in the 1984 Euros was as much a one man demonstration of brilliance as Maradona in the World Cup 2 years later. He dragged them to the final with one great goalscoring display after another and was actually the midfield playmaker.
Brilliant but a corrupt prick.

The most naturally talented player to wear our jersey - more so than Laudrup (imo). A genius who never reached his true level.

Unparalleled

bow.gif

At 1:20 in that second gazza vid he scored having just lost his boot in a tackle. awesome. never seen that before.

Could watch these lads all day........kinda reminds me of myself...........and a few other lads I knew. he he

The 1982 Brazil team, how they didn't win that world cup, remember being a young kid watching them and was transfixed to the telly.

Big Finn Laudrup sure knew how to have a kick about with his boys in the back garden!

Anybody know why ML didn't get the full 'Figo' treatment when he crossed teams?

Latest posts

Back