Zidane and Michael Laudrup, ridiculous skills

Where does this chap rank in terms of career and standing? I remember him way back in the day, Football Italia etc and he has just always been around (until recently anyway. Top, top striker on his day. Was pretty much done by the time we saw him in 2008. (apologies for the crap video quality early on but it is pretty old :D)

Big Finn Laudrup sure knew how to have a kick about with his boys in the back garden!

Anybody know why ML didn't get the full 'Figo' treatment when he crossed teams?

I have a story about Finn and Brian playing football in their back garden in Helensburgh that I should probably send to @David Edgar for his “Daily Tale” podcast.

As for Michael Laudrup, he did get the treatment for going to Real - when I visited the Camp Nou circa 1994, down in the trophy room/museum bit, the big picture of him was severely vandalised

As in talked to him? if so then i'm impressed as i'd end up a blithering buffoon
He was at a gers milan charity dinner. Got photo with him and he signed a gers top for me as did Papin and other Milan players and gers players.

Wonder what that would be worth.

As much as I love many of the players in these clips, the real Ronaldo has to be the most unique, he really had everything you could ever want in a player. An aboslute phenomenon, nobody comes close. He's like the Mike Tyson of football, untouchable before his early promise was upended.

As much as I love many of the players in these clips, the real Ronaldo has to be the most unique, he really had everything you could ever want in a player. An aboslute phenomenon, nobody comes close. He's like the Mike Tyson of football, untouchable before his early promise was upended.
And even when it was upended, he was still utter class

One of the only players I've ever seen applauded off the park after being subbed by the home fans. His hattrick against man utd in their own back yard was stunning...

Best ever imo

Michael Laudrup was so good that Brian wasn't even close to him. And we all know how good Brian was...

Cruyff was sensational, my dad took me to Ibrox in 1973 to watch Rangers v Ajax in the super cup game and Cruyff that night just mesmerised me, he was quite brilliant, I remember reading about him much later, he was basically a freak of nature , smoked, drinker, and was a poor trainer, but was electric over the first 5 yards, what a player he was, must be in the top 5 ever.
I was at that game as well. Brilliant team. We actually played quite well but had no chance.

Ach have Cruyff too

I'll be watching these later, to young for Cruyff. Caught a bit of Laudrup and saw Zidane at his best. I remember watching him for Bordeaux in '96 uefa cup final, then telling mates to watch him at euro' 96. Don't think he really turned up that summer, but was off to Juve anyway.

Fabulous videos. How many times did the fat Ronaldo score by going round the keeper and can you imagine how wonderful it must have been having him and Zidane in the same team.
Pele, Maradona and Messi probably vie for greatest ever player.
Who would be the greatest European, Cruyff, Zidane or another?
Cruyff for me but Zidane was close.

Zidane one removed but micheal laudrup ,my word .outrageous skills and how many defence splitting passes are in the video .unreal up there with the biggest names the game has seen .thanks for posting

Makes you pine for the traditional playmaker. These days, the game is more about pace and athleticism and I do miss a wee guy who could beat a man with skill and run a game from the middle of the park.

Zidane is one of my favourite ever players. An absolute genius with the ball at his feet, his close control and first touch were incredible.

Back